How do NU fans travelling to Penn St for game feel about their safety?

Hey Guys,

I've been to Penn St and they are one of the most hostile environments I've ever been to. My question for you guys travelling there this weekend is how do you feel about your safety walking into a hornets nest. Will you reconsider possibly even not going to the game given the state of the students right now? Just curious as to how you think things will be? If that were me going there this week I would be very up in the air as to whether I would still go.

I can't imagine that any rational fans would express their frustrations physically toward visiting fans unprovoked but if a Husker fan says the wrong thing it could get nasty quick...and then again its never the rational fans that you have to worry about.

There's gonna be some hardcore drinking Saturday. It will get ugly without being provoked.

I can't imagine that any rational fans would express their frustrations physically toward visiting fans unprovoked but if a Husker fan says the wrong thing it could get nasty quick...and then again its never the rational fans that you have to worry about.

There's gonna be some hardcore drinking Saturday. It will get ugly without being provoked.

That's what I'm thinking, it isn't going to take much to be jumped by some random college students enraged by anyone wearing the wrong colors

It might get ugly a lot sooner than that. There's a huge scene in College Station as we speak.

Well I sure hope not but you might be right.

I can see this going two ways...shame and embarrassment from most Lion fans without much conflict with visitors or agitation and defensiveness leading to confrontations with visiting Huskers....either way its probably wise to watch your backs and be safe out there like Mills said.

Several of the player's parents have contacted the athletic department about extra safety measures for the team.

Yep, I think this is a bad situation. How is either team going to be able to focus with this circus when they are worried about their safety. They really should just forfeit the game.