How do NU fans travelling to Penn St for game feel about their safety?

The closer and closer the game gets the more nervous I get. I feel like just a tad bit of the liquid in plastic cups could be the spark that ignites a room full of propane.

Add in a husker victory, and I'll be just just fine sitting in the hotel instead of go out in state college that night.

Do you think this is possibly time for the NCAA to step in? Nothing like this has ever happened in college football. I'm against boycotting the game but I never stopped to consider how dangerous it might be for Husker fans going down there. I was just reading fan reaction to the firing of Paterno-it's like many are sad to see him go (players very sad right now) but some said he should've went a long time ago, glad he was fired. It's really awful!

The closer and closer the game gets the more nervous I get. I feel like just a tad bit of the liquid in plastic cups could be the spark that ignites a room full of propane.

Add in a husker victory, and I'll be just just fine sitting in the hotel instead of go out in state college that night.

Bring your taser.

Do you think this is possibly time for the NCAA to step in? Nothing like this has ever happened in college football. I'm against boycotting the game but I never stopped to consider how dangerous it might be for Husker fans going down there. I was just reading fan reaction to the firing of Paterno-it's like many are sad to see him go (players very sad right now) but some said he should've went a long time ago, glad he was fired. It's really awful!

The B1G should at least consider (and may be considering) rescheduling the game. Give some time to let the strongest emotions fade a bit.

Are you watching the video on CNN and ESPN? A lot of people out there...calmly walking around, and some chanting going on. Nobody is out of control. They are showing support for Joe, right or wrong, but not a lot of anger. There is so little going on that they are showing the same clips of people walking around, basically doing very little.

Maybe things will change by game time...I think that having a couple days will calm things down, not that they seem to need calming. The fans may be more shell shocked over everything this weekend than rowdy.

If things turn sour and there really is rioting later tonight, I'd think differently, but really, nothing is getting out of hand there so far, other than a lot of angry questions at the press conference.

The B1G should at least consider (and may be considering) rescheduling the game. Give some time to let the strongest emotions fade a bit.

If they do have the game Beer probably will get banned from the game.

What happens if they cancel the game? How would that affect standings and records and what not....does it go down as a PSU loss or what?

I know that sounds shallow, like I somehow don't care about the crimes and the victims and would rather talk football...that couldn't be further from the truth...I'm just wondering.

It appears like the logical option is to reschedule the game, but the logistics of rescheduling make it quite difficult. Which unfortunately means many of you husker fans will be entering a very volatile situation in an already hostile place to play. If I were going to the game as a husker fan I might even consider wearing neutral colors over my red gear and then taking it off once in the stadium. I know that we all want to support our team but at the risk of our safety or that of friends and family it simply is not worth it.