From a Penn State Alum

I posted this on my facebook page this morning:

My Huskers play PSU this weekend in football, and most fans I know that are going to the game are respectful of PSU traditions, and will not be gloating or throwing trash at Lion fans. Very few are guilty of this crime, and the university, it administration, students and fans should not be condemned with a broad brush. "We are Penn State!!!"

While it's unfortunate, the youtube vid shows a bunch of drunk, immature college kids full of alcohol and testosterone with the safety of 100's just like them to save them if the OSU guys retaliate. The posters that have come to this board are obviously mature adults and probably have no idea the things in that video even go on because they're busy tailgaiting, enjoying pregame, and doing it responsibly. I understand why the posters from Penn came on here to try and be rational about. Unfortunately because of people like the video shows, I'm sure it isn't as safe as they think it is. I just hope anyone going to the game runs into the people that do it right and not those in the vid. However, a lot can be prevented by making sure you scope out the landscape and pay attention to where you're hanging out. I also feel bad for the PS fans, community and especially the victims. I honestly don't understand the staffs lack of action about the things that happened but I REALLY don't understand how the person or persons who witnessed the acts did not physically kill the predator on the spot. I'm pretty sure that's what I'd have done.

Wow the youtube video shows plenty to be concerned about. Appears it happens on campus at a frat house. The OSU fans probably should not be going to places that you would not feel safe.

As far as 2002, we had some friends who attended the game in "happy valley" and stated they "feared" for their safety. In the stadium as well as out on the campus! They were greeted by heckling and beers being thrown at them just walking to the stadium.

The "few" do speak volumes as to what to expect! I would have no desire to attend a game with this kind of atmosphere!

Pretty sad that as a fan I CANNOT wear my team colors to a collegiate football game without a sense of safety. This PSU fan base and student body is a complete disgrace; the worst, classless in the nation. Keep in mind the above video AND horror stories of 2002 were BEFORE this development, which led to riots. This game should be moved to Philly for safety reasons. What a joke PSU

Also, Penn State alumni . . . why the @#$@ is McQueary not only still employed but COACHING THIS SATURDAY?! Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Just one more reason for the NCAA to give them the death penalty. If a central/key figure that has just as much, if not more, involvement than Joe Pa is coaching, then this is a lack of institutional control at its finest.

And Penn State either needs to forfeit or relocate, especially after the cold response from PSU for our Regent's request for beefed-up security at PSU. And if they can't find a place to relocate on short notice, I'm sure Lincoln could accommodate the game in short order.

Wow the youtube video shows plenty to be concerned about. Appears it happens on campus at a frat house. The OSU fans probably should not be going to places that you would not feel safe.

Yeah, it looks like this was a dare by some tOSu students to walk down or through what appears to be a PSU frat get together pregame. However, the slam dunk beer can on the back of the kids head is a little over the top. Can't find much more in the way of fan videos though, not like KSU.

The video is behind the Penn State Pi Kappa Alpha house. The Ohio State students being pelted are members of the same fraternity that were invited to the party by their Penn State 'brothers'.

Have fun in Happy Valley guys! :)

Been to Penn State I gotta say it's one of the most hostile environments I've been to slightly behind Ohio State. Constant verbal abuse walking to and from the stadium and even at the game, nothing physical like I've experienced at OSU but Penn St in my eyes is certainly a place where I don't feel comfortable going to. Best wishes to those traveling, don't give them any reason to want to go after you. Go Green!

Yeah, it looks like this was a dare by some tOSu students to walk down or through what appears to be a PSU frat get together pregame. However, the slam dunk beer can on the back of the kids head is a little over the top. Can't find much more in the way of fan videos though, not like KSU.

The video is behind the Penn State Pi Kappa Alpha house. The Ohio State students being pelted are members of the same fraternity that were invited to the party by their Penn State 'brothers'.

Have fun in Happy Valley guys! :)

WOW, so much the fraternal order of brotherhood. That's shameful.

While I won't speak for everyone in our community, let me clear a few things up for you people from my perspective:

1) All Penn Staters are saddened and shocked by the recent events. It's turned our community upside down.

2) Most Penn Staters believe that, although unfortunate, there was no other choice than to completely clean house ASAP, including Joe.

3) Paternoville, the tent community, more embodies the overall reaction of the student body, than the TMZ-esque coverage of a couple hundred drunken hooligans. The students at Paternoville raised almost $1000 for cancer research last night, and although saddened by recent events, have remained level headed.

4) The rest of the student body is planning a candlelight vigil for the victims after the pep rally Friday night. Child abuse ribbons will be worn on Saturday.

Finally, the idea that your team/fans are in some sort of imminent danger is preposterous. You will be welcomed and treated with respect as all of our guests are.

1. While I would trust you, and others like you, you don't speak for everybody.

2. The video shared above states that you can't speak for everybody:

3. While I am confident that the good majority of folks from Paternoville are nice, decent fans....the majority of the mob made their way towards Paternoville last night (from published reports) and started tearing up stuff.

4. Put yourself in our shoes - would you go to Ohio State or Michigan if the roles were reversed?