Why hasn't Mike McQueary been fired yet?

illnino

Just turned on ESPN and saw Joe Schad saying PSU was still debating weather to leave him on the sidelines or put him in the coaches' booth. WTF? Why does this guy still have his job? Wasn't this the sick **** who witnessed the whole shower scene and didn't stop it?

I'm wondering this as well. I think I remember reading that he was the GA mentioned as having witnessed one of the shower incidents. I can't believe this guy is allowed to remain with the program, I'm not expert on PA law but wouldn't that violate some kind of reporter statute? Did PA have one at the time?

I'm reading the grand jury document right now. It's hard not to tear up. This piece of sh#t McQueary by his own testimony walked into the locker room and saw a ten year-old boy being anally raped. He left to make a call. He called his dad. Not the police. Not anyone to help the child. He called his daddy.

In my opinion not only should this piece of sh#t not be coaching on Saturday, he should be passed around a jail cell. He's a disgraceful human being.

I would like to know exactly how he described what he saw to Paterno.

According to Paterno's testimony, "fondling or something of a sexual nature." Someone's lying though. The A.D. claimed that the GA didn't mention any sexual conduct occurring. Only something that made McQueary feel uncomfortable. So either McQueary changed his story when talking to the A.D. or the A.D. is a liar.

I agree, McQueary was a witness that did nothing, he has to go but he wasn't the only one. There were other witnesses that just taught someone else would take care of it. This is one of the saddest cases of the bystander effect ever. Everyone rather just pass the buck and say I did my part than help the children.

Let it be know Sandusky is the monster in this case. This case should serve as an example of what not to do. There is no telling how many people Sandusky abused before McQueary witnessed what he did. The sad thing is there is no telling how many could have been prevented after him if people decided to protect the child as quickly as possible. The reason I say there is no telling is because the grand jury testimony only details the people they knew of or that came forward.

I'm reading the grand jury document right now. It's hard not to tear up. This piece of sh#t McQueary by his own testimony walked into the locker room and saw a ten year-old boy being anally raped. He left to make a call. He called his dad. Not the police. Not anyone to help the child. He called his daddy.

In my opinion not only should this piece of sh#t not be coaching on Saturday, he should be passed around a jail cell. He's a disgraceful human being.

You're a lot tougher than I am. Having 2 young boys myself, I can't even put into words what I'm feeling right now.

Just turned on ESPN and saw Joe Schad saying PSU was still debating weather to leave him on the sidelines or put him in the coaches' booth. WTF? Why does this guy still have his job? Wasn't this the sick **** who witnessed the whole shower scene and didn't stop it?

I'm wondering this as well. I think I remember reading that he was the GA mentioned as having witnessed one of the shower incidents. I can't believe this guy is allowed to remain with the program, I'm not expert on PA law but wouldn't that violate some kind of reporter statute? Did PA have one at the time?

I honestly don't know, maybe that's why he still has his job. But he knows what he did (or didn't do) was wrong. He should be a man and at the very least resign.

Not enough. If Penn State is going around and firing everyone related to the incident and who did not tell, then they should ask McQueary to step down as well. Otherwise, they shouldn't have fired Paterno, Spanier, etc...

Now let me take some time to maybe throw this "non-reporting" thing into perspective. And also let me put a disclaimer out right now so I am not jumped for what I'm about to say: I am NOT CONDONING anything that happened in Happy Valley. What transpired was an awful act and all those involved deserve what they are getting, even Joe Paterno.

That said, what happened was a classical case of a "diffusion of responsibility". Regardless of the crime, a diffusion of responsibility occurs as more people become involved. They pass off the responsibility of reporting on the premise that, "certainly somebody else will report this." The best chance of this scandal coming to light faster would have happened if McQueary called the police right away. But that sounds a whole lot easier for us to say than for us to do given we be put in the same situation--it is a self-serving bias; "I would've called the authorities right away." But none of us are certain what we would've done in the same situation. Certainly there is a lot of shock value in seeing one of your idols, a man you respected, committing such a heinous crime. One wouldn't know what to think, or what to do. I mean after all, the guy is/was your longtime friend.

That being said, I once again want to say I am not condoning what Sandusky did or what everyone else didn't do. All I'm trying to do is shed light on the circumstances.

Not enough. If Penn State is going around and firing everyone related to the incident and who did not tell, then they should ask McQueary to step down as well. Otherwise, they shouldn't have fired Paterno, Spanier, etc...

Now let me take some time to maybe throw this "non-reporting" thing into perspective. And also let me put a disclaimer out right now so I am not jumped for what I'm about to say: I am NOT CONDONING anything that happened in Happy Valley. What transpired was an awful act and all those involved deserve what they are getting, even Joe Paterno.

That said, what happened was a classical case of a "diffusion of responsibility". Regardless of the crime, a diffusion of responsibility occurs as more people become involved. They pass off the responsibility of reporting on the premise that, "certainly somebody else will report this." The best chance of this scandal coming to light faster would have happened if McQueary called the police right away. But that sounds a whole lot easier for us to say than for us to do given we be put in the same situation--it is a self-serving bias; "I would've called the authorities right away." But none of us are certain what we would've done in the same situation. Certainly there is a lot of shock value in seeing one of your idols, a man you respected, committing such a heinous crime. One wouldn't know what to think, or what to do. I mean after all, the guy is/was your longtime friend.

That being said, I once again want to say I am not condoning what Sandusky did or what everyone else didn't do. All I'm trying to do is shed light on the circumstances.

I agree, it's called the bystander effect. People naturally don't want to be the whistle blower, there have been a ton of social studies on this.

That being said, its still not a reason to take any blame away from the people that knew. (Not saying you are advocating that)

I don't buy that. Sure there's the initial shock, but to just let it happen? I couldn't do that.

I am having a hard time someone please help me, are we now under the assumption that everyone with knowledge of these horrific events are gone besides McQueary. Not claiming knowledge of anything just asking the question. I am very cynical and un-trusting (As my screen name here would indicate). As this case continues to be exposed it is becoming continually more gross with more characters involved.

Lets assume the administration and board member knew anything until Dec 2010. Still no action until now. To me the article by Madden proves there was at least some rumblings of this issue still nothing. The article was out almost the beginning of last year. This thing stinks and I fear we are only at the tip of the iceberg.