Keystone Pipeline

Maybe we should be asking why we are pumping crude and refined products to Canada and Mexico instead of keep it home. I have no issue with the pipeline going through as it would help with some of the shortages we have here in the US, especially in the Midwest region.

How?

By pumping the refined fuels back North.

LOL. Ummmm. No.

Maybe we should be asking why we are pumping crude and refined products to Canada and Mexico instead of keep it home. I have no issue with the pipeline going through as it would help with some of the shortages we have here in the US, especially in the Midwest region.

How?

LOL. Ummmm. No.

Keep telling yourself that

You realize that the refineries buy the oil and refine it and then do with it what they want with it. If the export market calls for it, they will ship it. If the market in the US calls for it, they will pump it into the US market.

How?

LOL. Ummmm. No.

You realize that the refineries buy the oil and refine it and then do with it what they want with it. If the export market calls for it, they will ship it. If the market in the US calls for it, they will pump it into the US market.

Is there a large untapped market for fuel oil in the United States?

LOL. Ummmm. No.

I don't have to tell myself that it will be exported. You just did LOL.

Here is a little more reading for your benefit. Sorry, I don't have time right now to link more and more articles basically saying the same thing. This just happened to be the first one I clicked on.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2012/0309/Inside-the-Keystone-pipeline-How-much-would-it-really-help-US-consumers

LOL. Ummmm. No.

I don't have to tell myself that it will be exported. You just did LOL.

Here is a little more reading for your benefit. Sorry, I don't have time right now to link more and more articles basically saying the same thing. This just happened to be the first one I clicked on.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2012/0309/Inside-the-Keystone-pipeline-How-much-would-it-really-help-US-consumers

And that article is from 2012...Things change when it comes to demand. I work in the petroleum business and I can tell you it can change in a couple months. We are in a shortage of LPG(Propane) and of Diesel Fuel, especially Y-grade which is Winter fuel. We are also short on Premium Gas(A-Grade). Unless you work in the refined commodities market or for a petroleum company, you will not know this.

lol.

. . . Completing the project could create thousands of construction jobs, and permanent jobs thereafter. . .

. . . Even more important than the direct jobs from the Keystone XL pipeline are the indirect benefits of affordable, abundant American energy. . . .

. . . We should do everything we can to bolster the American economy, and promote American energy independence. . . .

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/01/15/keystone-kops-obama-administrations-jobs-deniers/?intcmp=ob_homepage_opinion&intcmp=obnetwork

lol.

. . . Completing the project could create thousands of construction jobs, and permanent jobs thereafter. . .

. . . Even more important than the direct jobs from the Keystone XL pipeline are the indirect benefits of affordable, abundant American energy. . . .

. . . We should do everything we can to bolster the American economy, and promote American energy independence. . . .

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/01/15/keystone-kops-obama-administrations-jobs-deniers/?intcmp=ob_homepage_opinion&intcmp=obnetwork

The comments at the end are great.

Can someone tell me what viewpoint I'm supposed to have on the pipeline, and why? I genuinely have no idea.

Someone answer plz

I haven't been following this issue at all

Are you a party line Republican voter? If so, you support the pipeline wholeheartedly because we need the 35 permanent jobs and you might think that Canadian oil is not from a foreign country.

Are you concerned about private property rights and the ability of the government to take private land against the landowners wishes? If so, you're against the pipeline because a foreign corporation is using the US government to take privately held land even if the landowner doesn't want to sell.

Are you concerned about the inevitable spills of oil and the secret cocktail of chemicals that Transcanada injects into the oil? If so, you're probably against the pipeline or at least want to ensure that it is as safe as possible.

Personally, I see virtually no benefit for the US and plenty of risk and trampling of property rights. That said, I do expect the pipeline to be built eventually and I wish that we would make that completion conditional on Transcanada paying a set amount into an account for each and every barrel of oil pumped through the line. That account, up to a certain dollar amount, should be held to pay for cleaning up spills. Every dollar collected in excess of that amount should be dumped into the general fund, or the highway trust, or SS, or wherever. Otherwise I don't see any reason why we should accept these risks to benefit a foreign corporation and China.

• Fire 1