Today is the last big game Penn State might ever play . . .

So far we look like toast.

Embarrassing to see this offense and the MISTAKES. Absolutely NO play makers. I can't believe how horrible Bo's teams look in November..... it's like a cancer. Problems everywhere, WR, OL, Secondary. IDK...... I get angry/sad thinking how we could have become this bad after 4 years of Bo. I really had high hopes when he was hired but now it looks like Bo's failing in all aspects

Pennsylvania doesn't have other pro and college teams?

Sure they do but they also have a very large population compared to MN which I used in my example. PSU also has many, many more students than U of M.

A little over 2x the state population, and twice the number of pro teams.

And U of M is LARGER than PSU. And is in a metro area, as opposed to PSU which is in the middle of nowhere. Motivated fans make the drive from Philly and elsewhere. Will they still do that if they are turned off by what's gone on there (again, I'm talking about if it gets worse) and the team struggles for the next few years? I don't know. I'm definitely not saying it's a given that they won't come back from this. But they sure might not.

Pennsylvania doesn't have other pro and college teams?

Sure they do but they also have a very large population compared to MN which I used in my example. PSU also has many, many more students than U of M.

A little over 2x the state population, and twice the number of pro teams.

And U of M is LARGER than PSU. And is in a metro area, as opposed to PSU which is in the middle of nowhere. Motivated fans make the drive from Philly and elsewhere. Will they still do that if they are turned off by what's gone on there (again, I'm talking about if it gets worse) and the team struggles for the next few years? I don't know. I'm definitely not saying it's a given that they won't come back from this. But they sure might not.

It all depends how you look at the numbers I suppose...

Embarrassing to see this offense and the MISTAKES. Absolutely NO play makers. I can't believe how horrible Bo's teams look in November..... it's like a cancer. Problems everywhere, WR, OL, Secondary. IDK...... I get angry/sad thinking how we could have become this bad after 4 years of Bo. I really had high hopes when he was hired but now it looks like Bo's failing in all aspects

What in the hell are you talking about?

Football program will fade into obscurity. Enrollment will drop overall. Financial impact of civil suits could reach into the billions. It will snowball in time and I don't think they can sustain it. This wasn't one sick individual...it was a cult like culture of the whole school if not entire community.

Did you purchase one of Tom Synkowski's Jumping to Conclusions Mat?

Football program will fade into obscurity. Enrollment will drop overall. Financial impact of civil suits could reach into the billions. It will snowball in time and I don't think they can sustain it. This wasn't one sick individual...it was a cult like culture of the whole school if not entire community.

Did you purchase one of Tom Synkowski's Jumping to Conclusions Mat?

Nope...just the way I see it playing out. SMU didn't recover from their death penalty. They went from competing for National Championships to completely irrelevant in the college football landscape. And that was what...20 years ago? And all they did was pay some players and buy them cars. This is MUCH bigger than that. They won't recover in our lifetime.

Penn State won't recover from this in our lifetime. Tiger woods was the biggest thing in golf and all he did was cheat on his wife. He can't recover. Football program will fade into obscurity. Enrollment will drop overall. Financial impact of civil suits could reach into the billions. It will snowball in time and I don't think they can sustain it. This wasn't one sick individual...it was a cult like culture of the whole school if not entire community. They SHOULD get the death penalty from the NCAA but it won't matter if they do because Penn State will get it either way.

Why can't he? He is in contention now??? :confucius

You know what they say, "moral man, immoral society". Or in this case I guess it'd be immoral man immoral society.

I tend to agree they will keep the die hard in-state recruits but other recruits have too many other places to go that won't have this hanging over their head for several years. There is stuff that still hasn't come out yet. The reputation is lost and who knows how hard this will hit them financially. A very sad state of affairs.