Kinnie

mwj98

Still.................if it's 3rd and 8 in the 4th qt at the Big House..................I trust Marlowe more than Kinnie right now............

Yup.

Marlowe has been a pleasant surprise. He seems to have that "it" factor - something "angry" - like he knows the ball is his! I see it. I like it.

Kinnie is on his way out, so at this point it's really less of an issue with him.

The other guys are pretty young, and I think that with the new receivers coach that we have now these issues will be sorted out in time. Drops have not determined our two losses this season, so there's really no argument there.

Getting it sorted out by next season is what is really important at this point.

Really? go back and watch the NW game.

If Bell and Enunwa make those catches we win.

You will not find a better guy on the team than Kinnie. Not Rex, not Yoshi, nobody. BK is a good dude, the kind of guy you want on the team. He doesn't "showboat" any more than several of the guys on defense or some of the players we've had in the past. He's not vainglorious, and he's not a "problem child."

He's had some drops. They're eating him up more than they're bothering us. We want BK on this team, and we need him in the starting lineup. He'll fix the drops. He's not a mediocre receiver.

Remember all the threads four games ago about how Martinez "wasn't a QB" or how he should/could/would transfer? He clicked, he's doing well, and the criticisms have largely gone away. The same thing could happen for Kinnie. Don't throw the guy off the island for some bad plays. Time may come when we're singing the praises of Brandon Kinnie's game-winning catch.

• Fire 1

we have some good guys coming up..... but BK aint one of them right now... the thing is these guys can catch the ball they are not some idiots off some random HS team... i just dont know why they cant preform at game time...

because they are not 5 star recruits.. And they are still just freshman..

you dont need to be a 5 star to know how to catch the ball.......

Yup,

Sincerely,

Boise State

Yes I know this is was a joke. I promise 9 out of every 10 people that post on here would drop more balls then Kinnie and the rest of the Wr's if they were giving the chance.

You will not find a better guy on the team than Kinnie. Not Rex, not Yoshi, nobody. BK is a good dude, the kind of guy you want on the team. He doesn't "showboat" any more than several of the guys on defense or some of the players we've had in the past. He's not vainglorious, and he's not a "problem child."

He's had some drops. They're eating him up more than they're bothering us. We want BK on this team, and we need him in the starting lineup. He'll fix the drops. He's not a mediocre receiver.

Remember all the threads four games ago about how Martinez "wasn't a QB" or how he should/could/would transfer? He clicked, he's doing well, and the criticisms have largely gone away. The same thing could happen for Kinnie. Don't throw the guy off the island for some bad plays. Time may come when we're singing the praises of Brandon Kinnie's game-winning catch.

I have a feeling Kinnie is going through a little bit of what TM did earlier in the season, he's trying to make every play a "big" play. It really looks to me like he's violating the most basic rule of pass catching, catch the ball before you run. He's just got realize that sometimes a simple catch for four or five yards is adequate. I think he's actually trying too hard right now. I think if they could get him to adopt some of TM course of action right now, give up trying to break it open and just secure the ball, it might simplfy things for him and make the catching part more naturall and instictive again.

He sounds like the kind of kid that makes our program what it is, I really hope he can get over the mental part.

Right now he's our "Hot Hands Haney" from little giants, or Clifford Franklin of the replacements....we all know how those two turned out! :ahhhhhhhh

we have some good guys coming up..... but BK aint one of them right now... the thing is these guys can catch the ball they are not some idiots off some random HS team... i just dont know why they cant preform at game time...

because they are not 5 star recruits.. And they are still just freshman..

you dont need to be a 5 star to know how to catch the ball.......

Yup,

Sincerely,

Boise State

Yes I know this is was a joke. I promise 9 out of every 10 people that post on here would drop more balls then Kinnie and the rest of the Wr's if they were giving the chance.

Cool. We're also not scholarship athletes at the Division 1 level. That's like saying 9 out of 10 people on here would misdiagnose a patient's illness when none of those 10 people are doctors. It does nothing to strengthen your point.

Drops come from receivers who are not thrown a consistent ball. While Taylor has improved immensely, and I love watching him grow with each game, his throws are still not consistent and receivers have trouble when they're having to adjust differently. Ask anyone who has played either position. Reps are as important as anything else between a QB and WR. And if those throws are inconsistent, different looks, it makes it difficult for the receiver to be consistent. To regularly make the catches we, sitting on our couch or in the stands, thinks they should make.

Hmm... Weren't people saying this at the beginning of this season when he was dropping passes left and right? Season's almost over, he's a senior, it's now or never.

Drops come from receivers who are not thrown a consistent ball. While Taylor has improved immensely, and I love watching him grow with each game, his throws are still not consistent and receivers have trouble when they're having to adjust differently. Ask anyone who has played either position. Reps are as important as anything else between a QB and WR. And if those throws are inconsistent, different looks, it makes it difficult for the receiver to be consistent. To regularly make the catches we, sitting on our couch or in the stands, thinks they should make.

This excuse only goes so far. A ball that hits you right in the hands is an inexcusable drop.

This excuse only goes so far. A ball that hits you right in the hands is an inexcusable drop.

Very true. Every football player has been taught to make that catch if it touches your hands. But the rotation, trajectory, etc. all play a role on its way through the air to those hands. And make a bigger difference than we realize when it finally hits those hands. Certainly not an excuse. Good receivers catch bad balls. But there is more to it than Kinnie just having a case of the dropsies.

Edited by SkerJosh

Hmm... Weren't people saying this at the beginning of this season when he was dropping passes left and right? Season's almost over, he's a senior, it's now or never.

Well, you could continue to hope for the best or you could just throw a good guy under the bus. I'll continue to hope for the best.

I think this post as a lot of merit. While Taylor has improved immensly, numerous throws are still not right on the button. Catchable yes, and most of them probably should be caught. But much like a running back needs reps or carries to get into a rhythm, receivers also need those touches to gain a feel or touch for the day, and when we shuttle as many as we do in and out, that does make it tough when you might get one ball a quarter thrown your way.

Kinnie is on his way out, so at this point it's really less of an issue with him.

The other guys are pretty young, and I think that with the new receivers coach that we have now these issues will be sorted out in time. Drops have not determined our two losses this season, so there's really no argument there.

Getting it sorted out by next season is what is really important at this point.

Really? go back and watch the NW game.

If Bell and Enunwa make those catches we win.

Really? I thought it was the fumbles.

I don't have any inside or personal knowledge of the team members but this has always been my impression of BK too. He seems like a real likable guy. I really enjoyed the facilities tour he did for the BTN special pre-season. I feel badly for him for how his senior year has been going, especially as solid as it seemed he had been in past years.