Urban Meyer to Ohio State?

Badger_HB

Haha to be fair that was more of a shot at UF and Tebow than at OSU!

Yeah but it still makes me shudder.

Rumors, rumors and more rumors...

Per @fbrumormill, Meyer is approaching Mike Stoops for DC and Chad Morris for OC.

The Stoops rumblings have been out for awhile (along with Chuck Heater & John Chavis).

That's the first I've seen of Chad Morris. Got a link?

Edit: Nevermind I saw the tweet.

so one coach cheats and the school is able to bring in a better coach? I think the NCAA should implement a 1mil limit for their head coach for the next 4 years. That would stop them from doing crap like this. I use to respect OSU, now they are no different than Texas to me. They can cheat, get caught and it doesnt matter.

Hopefully they get the death penalty so we can all laugh.

]so one coach cheats and the school is able to bring in a better coach? I think the NCAA should implement a 1mil limit for their head coach for the next 4 years. That would stop them from doing crap like this. I use to respect OSU, now they are no different than Texas to me. They can cheat, get caught and it doesnt matter.

First of all, we did not cheat, the head coach lied...there is a difference. Oh, he resigned before he got fired. I fail to see how this hire equals us to Texas? Iconconfused.gif

]so one coach cheats and the school is able to bring in a better coach? I think the NCAA should implement a 1mil limit for their head coach for the next 4 years. That would stop them from doing crap like this. I use to respect OSU, now they are no different than Texas to me. They can cheat, get caught and it doesnt matter.

First of all, we did not cheat, the head coach lied...there is a difference. Oh, he resigned before he got fired. I fail to see how this hire equals us to Texas? Iconconfused.gif

So one guy falls on his sword (when it's pretty obvious NCAA violations took place) and all is forgiven?

So one guy falls on his sword (when it's pretty obvious NCAA violations took place) and all is forgiven?

Actually, the one guy that fell on the sword is where all the violations took place; he is the one that did not report to the proper people.

So the players that actually committed the violations aren't guilty then?

Actually, the one guy that fell on the sword is where all the violations took place; he is the one that did not report to the proper people.

So the players that actually committed the violations aren't guilty then?

2 guys lost 5 games of his senior season

1 guy lost 6 games of his senior season

1 guy lost 10 games of his senior season

Pretty much everyone got punished(and well deserved)

Really? First, you DID cheat. Your coach played players he knew would be inelligible, if he had reported the issues like he was supposed to. How is that not cheating? Playing players that would otherwise be inelligble is cheating.

Second. You can call it whatever you want, resign or fired. Point of the fact is, if he didnt resign, he would have been fired. We all know the truth here, dont hide behind symantics.

Third. How do you compare to Texas? You cheated, you got away with it, and because of your money and football power; you are able to hire a better coach because of all that money and power. That is Texas; above the law and doesnt have to follow rules that everyone else has to (and they know it, much like OSU). They can do whatever they want because they have money.... same as OSU is doing.

I cant belive I use to root for OSU. I am disgusted and may have to root for Michigan; they may be elitist a$$hole$, but atleast they dont condone cheating and paying players like they do up at OSU.

• Fire 1

Wow....petty much?

Fans and Alumni who had nothing to do with the poor decisions that were made,of which everyone but Gene Smith has gotten theirs (and trust me it's coming for him) should be punished?

Yikes. Just imagine if something like this happened at Nebraska due to the decisions of a handful of guys and come back to me. You'd be singing a different tune.

Sooooo..........does anyone know what's going to happen to Fickell? I figured since they ended the season with a 6-6 record, they would probably make a bowl game. Does Fickell stay and coach the bowl game or is he already gone?

He's actually coaching the bowl and will stay on the staff.

I personally hope he's the coach after Urban leaves.

• Fire 1

Sooooo..........does anyone know what's going to happen to Fickell? I figured since they ended the season with a 6-6 record, they would probably make a bowl game. Does Fickell stay and coach the bowl game or is he already gone?

He's actually coaching the bowl and will stay on the staff.

I personally hope he's the coach after Urban leaves.

as Defensive Cord. or have you heard? That's the position he held before right?