Urban Meyer to Ohio State?

Badger_HB

That was the precise question asked of thee analysts on ESPN last week. All three said no --- OSU will not dominate. Some mentioned Michigan as the new leader. Others said, no Wisconsin and Michigan will be right up with OSU. Another said that they were forgetting MSU and that they too will be in the hunt. Finally another said that the felt PSU would be dropping out for a time. What was totally absent from the discussion was Nebraska --- not once was NU even raised as a factor in the B1G for next year. That was enlightening... and not a good sign. NU did not even warrant being mentioned in the conversation. Ouch!

Anyway... I see the conference becoming a big two with Michigan and OSU pulling away and with Wisconsin trailing ... with a third teir that has MSU, NU, and Penn State in it. But the top two (Michigan and OSU) will run roughshod over the conference for a time.

That was the precise question asked of thee analysts on ESPN last week. All three said no --- OSU will not dominate. Some mentioned Michigan as the new leader. Others said, no Wisconsin and Michigan will be right up with OSU. Another said that they were forgetting MSU and that they too will be in the hunt. Finally another said that the felt PSU would be dropping out for a time. What was totally absent from the discussion was Nebraska --- not once was NU even raised as a factor in the B1G for next year. That was enlightening... and not a good sign. NU did not even warrant being mentioned in the conversation. Ouch!

Part of this is that people still forget that we're in the Big 10. Honestly, we're doing well and have a lot of young talent--hence the peaks and valleys of this season--that will be seasoned and should have high expectations in the upcoming years.

As for Urban, wait until the Baylor game--if Texas loses to Baylor (which is entirely possible and plausible), that means Texas goes from 5-7 to 7-5 after gutting much of their staff and supposedly getting the cream of the crop out there. If Mack Brown's seat isn't hot, it will be blue-flame hot with a loss to Baylor.

I fully expect Texas to offer Urban, despite the current status, if they determine Mack has played out his hand in Austin.

Anyway... I see the conference becoming a big two with Michigan and OSU pulling away and with Wisconsin trailing ... with a third teir that has MSU, NU, and Penn State in it. But the top two (Michigan and OSU) will run roughshod over the conference for a time.

Nebraska not getting pub from ESPN? That never happens. -_-

Part of this is that people still forget that we're in the Big 10. Honestly, we're doing well and have a lot of young talent--hence the peaks and valleys of this season--that will be seasoned and should have high expectations in the upcoming years.

As for Urban, wait until the Baylor game--if Texas loses to Baylor (which is entirely possible and plausible), that means Texas goes from 5-7 to 7-5 after gutting much of their staff and supposedly getting the cream of the crop out there. If Mack Brown's seat isn't hot, it will be blue-flame hot with a loss to Baylor.

I fully expect Texas to offer Urban, despite the current status, if they determine Mack has played out his hand in Austin.

Urban is already the official head coach of OSU.....done deal

The commentators were talking about Mack Brown's seat during the A&M game. They felt he was in serious trouble if they lost to A&M. I think the point that was made was rather good. Of current contracts meaning not taking Urban's into the equation, Mack Brown is the highest paid college coach at around 5 million. Texas should expect a bit more than they've gotten the past couple of years. I also believe Baylor will beat Texas, but a lot of this depends on the health of RG3. If RG3 doesn't play, Texas will take Baylor to the shed.

The most interesting thing with regards to Texas that has happend is how they let Muschamp out of his commitment to Texas to bolt for Florida. I wonder if they haven't all but given up on not only Mack but Muschamp as well. Knowing Texas, they more than likely have this belief that they'll get Nick Saban, Chip Kelley or somone like that. Frankly, I don't see them getting the best of the best coach.

Mixed feelings on that one...While playing UCLA would be all but a lock for a Rose Bowl win it would be kind of a joke and very hollow and while I'm pretty sure we'd lose to Oregon it'd be a much better game.

Yeah. I'm just happy the Rose Bowl doesn't get the non-AQ team this year, like Wisconsin/TCU last year. That's a lose-lose situation.

Urban is already the official head coach of OSU.....done deal

People here have a funny definition for "official". I have little doubt that it's going to happen, but with no press confirmation and nobody willing to go on record on it, it's not official.

People here have a funny definition for "official". I have little doubt that it's going to happen, but with no press confirmation and nobody willing to go on record on it, it's not official.

Per @BigTenNetwork:

BTN and BTN.com will provide live coverage from Columbus at 5:15pm ET as OSU introduces Urban Meyer as its new football coach.

LINK

Mixed feelings on that one...While playing UCLA would be all but a lock for a Rose Bowl win it would be kind of a joke and very hollow and while I'm pretty sure we'd lose to Oregon it'd be a much better game.

The game is in Autzen Stadium, and UCLA just lost 50-0 to USC. It's not going to be even remotely close. Oregon by 80.

The game is in Autzen Stadium, and UCLA just lost 50-0 to USC. It's not going to be even remotely close. Oregon by 80.

I think its pretty lame they don't have dedicated sites for their game...too bad really. We're lucky as a conference to have so many great venues to play ours in.