Urban Meyer to Ohio State?

Badger_HB

I cant belive I use to root for OSU. I am disgusted and may have to root for Michigan; they may be elitist a$$hole$, but atleast they dont condone cheating and paying players like they do up at OSU.

The funniest part about this is that Michigan is still under probation for cheating.

Technically cheating yes. What was the offense:

Probation for practice and training violations. Rodriguez failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance with NCAA rules.

It can be argued that Rodriguez failed to motivate his players. Rich Rod failed with the same team that went 10 - 2 with Hoke at the helm.

I just dont see that the same as other money scandals in CFB.

Well the Ohio State thing wasn't really a money scandal. Anyone who owned those items would be able to get that same amount of value from them. The Ohio State scandal was the lie, not the money.

I somehow doubt the fans capped their purchases at fair market value, or that any Buckeye could get car deals like that.

And yes you do punish the players and fans that had "nothing to do with it", or else you leave the Miamis on probation for 30 years.

I cant belive I use to root for OSU. I am disgusted and may have to root for Michigan; they may be elitist a$$hole$, but atleast they dont condone cheating and paying players like they do up at OSU.

The funniest part about this is that Michigan is still under probation for cheating.

Probation for practice and training violations. Rodriguez failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance with NCAA rules.

It can be argued that Rodriguez failed to motivate his players. Rich Rod failed with the same team that went 10 - 2 with Hoke at the helm.

Well the Ohio State thing wasn't really a money scandal. Anyone who owned those items would be able to get that same amount of value from them. The Ohio State scandal was the lie, not the money.

I somehow doubt the fans capped their purchases at fair market value, or that any Buckeye could get car deals like that.

And yes you do punish the players and fans that had "nothing to do with it", or else you leave the Miamis on probation for 30 years.

You do know that the only thing found to be true was the trinkets for tattoos right? If I had a pair of gold pants, I could easily get $1000 for them around Columbus. All the car purchases were legit as deemed by the Ohio BMV (DMV in some other states) and were found to be within normal ranges for the vehicles they sold. In fact the dealership made average profits on every car sold.

You punish the fans that had nothing to do with it? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So is punishing players who did follow the rules.

You do know that the only thing found to be true was the trinkets for tattoos right? If I had a pair of gold pants, I could easily get $1000 for them around Columbus. All the car purchases were legit as deemed by the Ohio BMV (DMV in some other states) and were found to be within normal ranges for the vehicles they sold. In fact the dealership made average profits on every car sold.

You punish the fans that had nothing to do with it? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So is punishing players who did follow the rules.

The NCAA also took issue with some pay that Posey got on a summer job.

That was the precise question asked of thee analysts on ESPN last week. All three said no --- OSU will not dominate. Some mentioned Michigan as the new leader. Others said, no Wisconsin and Michigan will be right up with OSU. Another said that they were forgetting MSU and that they too will be in the hunt. Finally another said that the felt PSU would be dropping out for a time. What was totally absent from the discussion was Nebraska --- not once was NU even raised as a factor in the B1G for next year. That was enlightening... and not a good sign. NU did not even warrant being mentioned in the conversation. Ouch!

Part of this is that people still forget that we're in the Big 10. Honestly, we're doing well and have a lot of young talent--hence the peaks and valleys of this season--that will be seasoned and should have high expectations in the upcoming years.

As for Urban, wait until the Baylor game--if Texas loses to Baylor (which is entirely possible and plausible), that means Texas goes from 5-7 to 7-5 after gutting much of their staff and supposedly getting the cream of the crop out there. If Mack Brown's seat isn't hot, it will be blue-flame hot with a loss to Baylor.

I fully expect Texas to offer Urban, despite the current status, if they determine Mack has played out his hand in Austin.

Urban is already the official head coach of OSU.....done deal

If he's offered more elsewhere, he'll have a very brief stint at tOSU. Not exactly unprecedented to have a FBS Football coach pull these shenanigans, and Urban Meyer is the king of this kind of crap.

I don't know. OSU is a lot of people's destination jobs. Not saying it's true for Meyer (although it has appeared to be true since he was at Bowling Green) but it's possible.

After USC, Boise St, Miami, the clouds of smoke surrounding Cam Newton/Auburn and, horribly, the Penn State situation, I have a really hard time understanding why people focus so much on Ohio State. Of all the recent scandals, theirs seems to be the least of all evils.

In comparison, tats, hidden emails and an overpaid summer job are pretty minor.

After USC, Boise St, Miami, the clouds of smoke surrounding Cam Newton/Auburn and, horribly, the Penn State situation, I have a really hard time understanding why people focus so much on Ohio State. Of all the recent scandals, theirs seems to be the least of all evils.

But we are the devil. SMU did nothing compared to us. We desrve to have our entire athletic department wiped out and no sports whatsoever.

Agreed.

If there were truly such a thing as justice in the world, 'Bama would have received the Death Penalty years ago, followed by USC, Auburn, then possibly Miami, and possibly Penn State, depending on how the investigation plays out from the NCAA side of things (note: there's still talk of Second Mile having an off-the-books slush fund for PSU players...)

But Ohio State. No--nothing they did warrants a complete shut-down of their program because a handful of asshats lied to their coach. Tressel's resignation is valid since he, too, did lie by omission, and frankly his fate and the fate of those players should have been the same and intertwined--complete dismissal from the program.

As it stands now, the penalties levied by the NCAA should be significantly more severe than what has been self-imposed by tOSU, which is where a lot of the disgust comes from. Five scholarships total over three years is hardly a convincing self-penalty, and for a program that is looking for the public to put faith and trust in it again, that hardly seems like a fitting penalty for the crime. If anything, it looks as though tOSU is blatantly mocking/taunting/baiting the NCAA to do worse...

...and that's where the rest of the public disgust comes from, as the NCAA has neither the cojones, nor the ethics, to provide a just penalty any longer.

Agreed.

If there were truly such a thing as justice in the world, 'Bama would have received the Death Penalty years ago, followed by USC, Auburn, then possibly Miami, and possibly Penn State, depending on how the investigation plays out from the NCAA side of things (note: there's still talk of Second Mile having an off-the-books slush fund for PSU players...)

But Ohio State. No--nothing they did warrants a complete shut-down of their program because a handful of asshats lied to their coach. Tressel's resignation is valid since he, too, did lie by omission, and frankly his fate and the fate of those players should have been the same and intertwined--complete dismissal from the program.

As it stands now, the penalties levied by the NCAA should be significantly more severe than what has been self-imposed by tOSU, which is where a lot of the disgust comes from. Five scholarships total over three years is hardly a convincing self-penalty, and for a program that is looking for the public to put faith and trust in it again, that hardly seems like a fitting penalty for the crime. If anything, it looks as though tOSU is blatantly mocking/taunting/baiting the NCAA to do worse...

...and that's where the rest of the public disgust comes from, as the NCAA has neither the cojones, nor the ethics, to provide a just penalty any longer.

Because the firing of our head coach, the leaving of our star QB, the entire vacated season and bowl victory (1st against an SEC conference team ever) player suspensions, scholarship reductions, and probation period wasn't enough? You have to remember, 3 of those punishments directly caused the season we had this year. 2 more of those punishments remove a pretty damn good outcome of a season. and the last two affect the future.

What did Boise St. do? Must not have heard that scandal yet.

What did Boise St. do? Must not have heard that scandal yet.

Numerous items under numerous sports

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2011-09-13/boise-state-cited-major-violations

Because Maurice Clarett revealed the scandal a decade ago and JT survived by not knowing anything. Then we found out he did know. That was standard operating procedure for an Ohio State University and a constant lack of institutional control.

Jesus does ESPN directly spoon feed you or do you have someone else do it for you? Maurice Clarett himself said he made that stuff up out of frustration.

Because Maurice Clarett revealed the scandal a decade ago and JT survived by not knowing anything. Then we found out he did know. That was standard operating procedure for an Ohio State University and a constant lack of institutional control.

Jesus does ESPN directly spoon feed you or do you have someone else do it for you? Maurice Clarett himself said he made that stuff up out of frustration.

Yes AFTER it was in his interests to work with the school again he told us the school did nothing wrong.