Urban Meyer to Ohio State?

Badger_HB

There's no question that Meyer is a good coach, but I have to wonder why he would want to jump right back into a high pay / high expectations / high stress program, especially one that is still under the specter of further NCAA sanctions that could hamper his ability to succeed. Just take away all the chatter for a moment and consider the guy almost killed himself (literally) at Florida.

If I were in his shoes I don't understand why you wouldn't sit tight with the nice TV job for awhile and wait for a job at a struggling program in an AQ conference (besides the SEC) to come up, where you can build a program like he did at Utah, rather than immediately jumping into expectations for instance success and championships.

Must've been a *very* short negotiation. Heard him say on TV just 3 hours ago that tOSU had not offered him yet.

Notice the wording. An offer hasn't been made nor has he accepted an offer.

That doesn't say talks were done as well as a full extensive interview including multiple meetings about what it would take to get him to come to Ohio State.

That article is nothing but fodder to feed the OSU fans. Of course there would be a decision to make if Ohio State offered. If tOSU offered me, I would have a decision to make.

Exactly. Also for those talking about sanctions, the reason this is gaining weight so fast is that OSU is pushing to receive their sanctions by the end of this month.

Frankly, I think Meyer is sleazy and his latest NC run came by having a 240+ pound fullback to depend on all the work. But beyond that, I don't know really. He could do well too.

its career sucide to take over a team that is about to get the death penalty.

If Auburn and USC haven't received the death penalty, neither will the Bucknuts

The Failure to Monitor charge that OSU has to defend itself against is basically the same that the wolverweenies had to deal with a couple of years back. Obviously OSU's is a bigger deal but still not major.

$2000.00 for FtM is minor according to the NCAA.

I wouldn't think Urban Meyer is a shoe-in for tOSU...

...just remember, there's a certain dirty-money laden school located in Texas that uses puke orange for their colors and has a pointy uterus on their helmet that could realistically be 6-6 in two weeks...after gutting everyone not named Mack Brown. If a 6-6 season does occur (and it's highly likely, considering their final opponents) for these pointy-uterused vermin, then this school give Mack a window seat and will certainly make a play for Urban Meyer that tOSU will not be able to match. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked to hear ESPN crated and shipped Urban to Austin before tOSU could even offer.

I wouldn't say that Urban Meyer is a lock for tOSU, even if they offer tomorrow.