The 'Players or Coaches or Both?' Thread

JTrain

(mod note: two threads about 'is this a coaching issue' merged. In this thread: discuss whether or not this is a coaching issue ;))

It is certainly a coaching issue when...

...in mid-November, your report card for a big game is as follows:

Offense: F

Defense: C

Special Teams: F

Discipline: F

Very bad signs. Not calling for Bo's firing but there are some serious coaching issues here that now have to be completely obvious to everyone.

I am one of the biggest koolaid swilling fans you'll meet. I wasn't turned off by this game until we got down 28 points in the 4th quarter.

Wins like Penn State and Michigan State and Washington all make it seem like we've to the players on the team that can make it happen and coaches that can call a good game. But games like NW, Wisconsin and Michigan today make it seem like we have high school coaches and mediocre players at best.

Please give me your honest, un-biased opinions on where are problems lie. Logical, specific please, I'm not interested in hearing generalities like "Pelini sucks", etc. As hard as it may be right now, approach this discussion from a positive aspect.

Thanks

Very bad signs. Not calling for Bo's firing but there are some serious coaching issues here that now have to be completely obvious to everyone.

Gut wrenching to see us play so poorly... Hard to believe this is the team that beat M State, and pulled a massive come back with tOSU... Absolutely sick right now...

I am one of the biggest koolaid swilling fans you'll meet. I wasn't turned off by this game until we got down 28 points in the 4th quarter.

Wins like Penn State and Michigan State and Washington all make it seem like we've to the players on the team that can make it happen and coaches that can call a good game. But games like NW, Wisconsin and Michigan today make it seem like we have high school coaches and mediocre players at best.

Please give me your honest, un-biased opinions on where are problems lie. Logical, specific please, I'm not interested in hearing generalities like "Pelini sucks", etc. As hard as it may be right now, approach this discussion from a positive aspect.

Thanks

Gut wrenching to see us play so poorly... Hard to believe this is the team that beat M State, and pulled a massive come back with tOSU... Absolutely sick right now...

For real man! What happened? Is it the coaches not preparing our guys?