Let's lay off of Bo Pelini, DC, a little bit

zoogs

I think the one that gets nearly 3 million dollars a year to win games is the only one responsible. These kids are doing it for the love of the game and a future to make big money. Those that are terribly overpaid are at fault.

Start getting it right, Put the kids in position to win, recruit the kids to do the job you want. In our 4th year and still have no idea of what offense we are and can not stop a three year old running the ball.

When Bo says hey I did not earn my money, take it back I will feel that way.

There is no reason to be on the kids and if they read this I am sorry they read the crap that is said about them, when no one on here could begin to do their jobs.

If Bo is reading this, GIVE THE MONEY BACK, $HIT JOB.

I was not aware that Bo had taken back the reigns from Carl. I step in the right direction IMO. I would also like Bo to give Raymond tapes from the previous 3 yrs with our DB play. I know, I know, Prince, Haag, Gomes etc......blah, blah, blah, BUT Cassidy started last year. Osborne started and is now banned. Green and Evans saw playing time, Dennard started. The other common thread is the change in technique (per Denard and Evans and even Raymond) and a disconnect with Carl and Raymond ie Carl wanted a more physical DB play. Something is wrong when a former Blackshirt is MIA, Cooper moved to CB never to be heard from again, SJB a once and done? Not better than Thorell in the nickle/dime.

I also know folks will say we gave up big time yrds in 2008-2010 with Sanders, but it was in the most pass happy conference in the country, against approx 4 QB's now playing on Sundays.

You FAH's make me sick and I am embarrassed to be associated with such mental midgets. Last year you screamed at Bo to make changes. He did! Now you won't give him a chance to make the new system work. A new conference with teams unknown, an entirely different style of play, new coaching staff, injuries, and a young team. What more do you want? There are a bunch of teams out there who would kill to be 8 and 3 with a chance to go 10 and 3. Go support CU if you want something to criticize.

You probably expect that when you get hired to do a job you start at CEO! Please send your resume to Tom O. at the football office and perhaps you can get hired and do a better job. Or, better yet, continue to criticize the program and soon we will have a different staff, fewer good players, and Northwestern will be favored when we play them.

Please, none of the rose colored glasses or drinking Kool-Aid crap. I've been a husker supporter since 1952 and have no intention of letting a few loose cannons and fair-weather fans detract from what I believe is a program headed in the right direction.

• Fire 1

SJB got hurt didn't he? It was a while back.

Not sure what's up with Cooper, really. This is also the first I have heard about a disconnect with Carl and Raymond, and honestly I would go with Raymond. Fonzie has been physical all year and the younger DBs have struggled with it.

The D had their moments. Credit ST for two second chances to the Michigan offense after the D had already forced fourth down. We had some good stops today; not stellar, but we did keep Michigan to drives of 3-1, 5-30, 3-9, 3-1, all in the first half.

The offense, meanwhile, had way, way too many short drives. 3-0. 4-14. 4-1. 5-32 3-2. 5-30. 3-1. 3-6. 3-3. Those short fields were not the offense's fault, but averaging 90 seconds per possession, and going 3-of-13 on 3rd down, absolutely is.

Michigan was 8-of-18 on 3rd down. Not bad, far from stellar. And they averaged 2:52 per possession - we did get our stops, after all.

Zoogies, I think it's reasonable to argue that the defense was less of a villain today than the offense and special teams. But with that said, they were a long, LONG ways from being at the standard they need to be at. At the end of the day, Michigan had very little trouble moving the ball and they put up 45 points. They had 17 at the half, and that was without any help from our special teams.

When did giving up 17 points by halftime become acceptable for a Bo Pelini defense? Especially to a team that only scored 14 on Michigan State the entire game, and only 16 against Iowa.

The entire team played way, WAY below standard today, defense included. What's really scary is there's no reason to think it's going to get better any time soon. By 2012, the only three reasons that made anybody think we'd be good this year - Crick, David, and Dennard - are all going to be gone.

Fatigue had to have played a factor. When I see a team that has 33:00 of possession and it's only the start of the 4th quarter, you know they're tired. The offense did not help the defense like it normally does. The special teams turned the ball over right after the D got off the field.

That being said, they could've played better at times. You have chances to get them off the field on 3rd and longs and to not do that is an absolute killer.

You FAH's make me sick and I am embarrassed to be associated with such mental midgets. Last year you screamed at Bo to make changes. He did! Now you won't give him a chance to make the new system work. A new conference with teams unknown, an entirely different style of play, new coaching staff, injuries, and a young team. What more do you want? There are a bunch of teams out there who would kill to be 8 and 3 with a chance to go 10 and 3. Go support CU if you want something to criticize.

You probably expect that when you get hired to do a job you start at CEO! Please send your resume to Tom O. at the football office and perhaps you can get hired and do a better job. Or, better yet, continue to criticize the program and soon we will have a different staff, fewer good players, and Northwestern will be favored when we play them.

Please, none of the rose colored glasses or drinking Kool-Aid crap. I've been a husker supporter since 1952 and have no intention of letting a few loose cannons and fair-weather fans detract from what I believe is a program headed in the right direction.

Agree sir,

I'm waiting to see how it's Beck's fault.

When things go well Beck did an OK job. When they have a tough time Beck is out of his league.

Well, to a large degree it's pretty obvious his hands were tied. Our Oline had no push whatsoever and our wrs did their usual drop thing. I'm sure something could have worked but our Oline keeps makes defense's like NW & Michigan look like Alabama.

Tough row to hoe.

I think the one that gets nearly 3 million dollars a year to win games is the only one responsible. These kids are doing it for the love of the game and a future to make big money. Those that are terribly overpaid are at fault.

Start getting it right, Put the kids in position to win, recruit the kids to do the job you want. In our 4th year and still have no idea of what offense we are and can not stop a three year old running the ball.

When Bo says hey I did not earn my money, take it back I will feel that way.

There is no reason to be on the kids and if they read this I am sorry they read the crap that is said about them, when no one on here could begin to do their jobs.

If Bo is reading this, GIVE THE MONEY BACK, $HIT JOB.

I don't think anyone here can even begin to do Bo's job. For cryin' out loud, I'm guessing most of us here (except for Cy) would get a "deer in the headlights" look if we were asked to manage the chains on the sidelines. ;)

I might be out of line here, but chances are I'm not...unless someone here actually coaches a FBS football team.

edit: I'm by no means saying it's ok to bash players, but I'd wager cash money there are more div 1 athletes on this board than coaches. So in reality more people here could begin to do the jobs of the players but not the coaches...just sayin'.