I'm Taking this Season in Stride . . .

Sadly if we play any team in the top 25 chalk up another L in our bowl game, and Iowa will give us as much as we can handle...and they are not that good either.

OH MY GOD. 6 hours ago people were talking about getting a win against Michigan possibly bcs bowl. Now we're gonna lose out and cant compete with top 25 teams? Get a grip.

To be fair, something significant happened in between then and now: we got manhandled by a quarterback who has thrown 14 interceptions this year, averages only 45 yards rushing per game, and a defense that just came off probably the worst year of the program in the past half century.

• Fire 1

Sadly if we play any team in the top 25 chalk up another L in our bowl game, and Iowa will give us as much as we can handle...and they are not that good either.

OH MY GOD. 6 hours ago people were talking about getting a win against Michigan possibly bcs bowl. Now we're gonna lose out and cant compete with top 25 teams? Get a grip.

I am just giving my opinion on what I saw out there today, I unfortunately have a pretty good grip on the team I think. Iowa is a must win game and at this point it is a toss up...they are not a top 25 team either. I wish I could be more positive, but it is what it is.

I give this post a standing ovation. +1

For the record I never said we would lose out...someone obviously needs to get a grip other then me...but I don't see us being favored against a Top 25 team right now...that is my opinion. I wish I could see otherwise.

We all knew that there was no way we were going to play for the NC this year. However, I am like everybody else. Before the Wisconsin, I was believing the hype. Today showed us that we have a ton of new players and new coaches this year. There was way too much new stuff going on this year for us to make a serious run at anything. If we close out Iowa and beat Texas in the Insight Bowl, that will be a great year at 10-3. If we go this route, we will have beaten Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Iowa, and Texas. That's a phenomenal year for this group. Next year will be our chance to make a run. I'm proud of the Huskers, even though today sucked.

If NU wins next week. 9-3 won't be sitting in the Insight Bowl. Nu will be playing in Florida in January at 9-3

But for the first part of your I post I agree. Throw in a new League and opponents there was a lot on the plate.

I think its legtimate we fall to the Insight Bowl. Especially if the BigTen doesnt get 2 BCS bids. Bowls love teams with momentum.

Insight bowl would give us a chance to play a team we could compete with, and I hope we win out!

To be fair, something significant happened in between then and now: we got manhandled by a quarterback who has thrown 14 interceptions this year, averages only 45 yards rushing per game, and a defense that just came off probably the worst year of the program in the past half century.

+1

I am just giving my opinion on what I saw out there today, I unfortunately have a pretty good grip on the team I think. Iowa is a must win game and at this point it is a toss up...they are not a top 25 team either. I wish I could be more positive, but it is what it is.

This team is so bi-polar. Playing good one week and stinking it up the next. I think we will beat Iowa just based on the roller coaster we are on.

We all knew that there was no way we were going to play for the NC this year. However, I am like everybody else. Before the Wisconsin, I was believing the hype. Today showed us that we have a ton of new players and new coaches this year. There was way too much new stuff going on this year for us to make a serious run at anything. If we close out Iowa and beat Texas in the Insight Bowl, that will be a great year at 10-3. If we go this route, we will have beaten Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Iowa, and Texas. That's a phenomenal year for this group. Next year will be our chance to make a run. I'm proud of the Huskers, even though today sucked.

Jeez. Never heard that line before.....

This team is so bi-polar. Playing good one week and stinking it up the next. I think we will beat Iowa just based on the roller coaster we are on.

Just like its fans....no offense intended but holy sh#t does the attitude of this board change from week to week. Two weeks ago, "The Sky is falling!", last week "BCS Bowl here we come"...now "rabble rabble rabble...kill Bo, run the team out of town etc"

I too am in a quandry about this team and possibly this coaching staff. To begin the year our defense had 3 of the top position players in the country and a good number of returning players or players with experience. Those players would get coached up by the Pelini brothers and all would be good in Husker land. Our offense had only Russ Burkhead as a star player plus a few returning starters on the offensive line I don't remember that any of the returning players were even honorable mention All Big 12.

In reality our defense has had only one complete game this season. Jared Crick went out in the MSU game (though I think he was seriously hurt 3 or 4 weeks before that). We have one linebacker play well all season though Compton has been better the last few weeks. Dennard was injured early but has come on well the last 4 games. No other D Back has stood out consistently, however Stafford has done some good things.

What bothers me about this team, and I see it in all phases of the game, is their apparent confusion on the field. They appear slow getting to the ball on defense, slow getting separation on offense. I can't for the life of me understand why our D backs are unable to cover other teams receivers consistently. Our D Line rarely bothers the passer and he often has 5 to 8 secs to find an open receiver which answers the previous question. If we blitz David then there isn't another sure tackler in the backfield.

The only answer I can find is the first 2 years of recruiting when Bo was hired. His first class was just the leftovers of what other schools didn't want. His second class was somewhat better but not outstanding. I hope we have good kids redshirting now that will fill some of the holes we will have next season. Even so they will be green and make freshmen mistakes. Bo seemed to be able to coach up Callahans players but is now playing with his own recruited players. Next year will be telling as to whether Bo can recruit well enough to make Nebraska a good top 20 team and eventually a top 10 team. Right now we don't have the talent and the team does not appear to want to play hard week after week. I hope it happens but I'm not betting the farm.

Defeatest attitude.

Young players? Who? The young players that actually play are not, or should not, be "young" players at this point of the season. We'll have many young players next season because they don't play this season...Jamal Turner.

We just got our asses handed to us by a FIRST year coaching staff. We got flat out-coached. Michigan had one of the worst defenses in the country last season and they have offensive talent recruited for a system that is NOTHING like what they want to run and we get our asses handed to us in our HC's 4th season.

This loss, especially a blowout loss, is inexcusable imo.

Number one long term problem is our lack of identity, by design, on offense. When our OC calls our offense a mutt, we have serious problems. That is why we are "bi-polar", that is why we are inconsistent, that is why we have execution issues. A team cannot have attention to detail when they do basically everything. We had this problem under Wats and we still have it this season. Many things have gotten much better with Beck at OC, but our philosophy is busted.

• Fire 2

Number one long term problem is our lack of identity, by design, on offense. When our OC calls our offense a mutt, we have serious problems. That is why we are "bi-polar", that is why we are inconsistent, that is why we have execution issues. A team cannot have attention to detail when they do basically everything. We had this problem under Wats and we still have it this season. Many things have gotten much better with Beck at OC, but our philosophy is busted.

Just to once again try to get people to get over this issue, NU's offense is multiple. Multiple is EXACTLY what Bo wants. One of the first questions asked at his presser upon being hired was what kind of offense he wanted. His answer was MULTIPLE.

This always comes out after a loss. However, it is what Bo wanted, so I guess in some people's eyes that will be another reason to get rid of him.