I am one of the few that doesn't really buy the new conference adjustment factor

JTrain

Adjusting to the B1G  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New opponents, new trends to understand, new officiating to get used to, new venues to get used to, new hotels, new conference guidelines.... there are about a zillion things we have to adjust to, not just "eleven new teams." Failing to take the whole into account is why people think switching conferences isn't a big deal. It is a big deal. You just don't deal with the details in your armchair.

Blocking. Tackling. Hotel familiarity.

New opponents, new trends to understand, new officiating to get used to, new venues to get used to, new hotels, new conference guidelines.... there are about a zillion things we have to adjust to, not just "eleven new teams." Failing to take the whole into account is why people think switching conferences isn't a big deal. It is a big deal. You just don't deal with the details in your armchair.

I'm telling you. It has an effect. You don't have to believe me.

Everyone knew it would take it's toll, now that it has "we don't buy it"? Brilliant.

Yeah, because it isn't exactly obvious that losses like today's had anything to do with us being in a different conference. I guess the fumbles, penalties, and getting pushed around in the trenches are things that would've won us 11 games in the Big XII...

Yeah, because it isn't exactly obvious that losses like today's had anything to do with us being in a different conference. I guess the fumbles, penalties, and getting pushed around in the trenches are things that would've won us 11 games in the Big XII...

Nobody is pinning this loss entirely on the fact that we're in a new conference. Of course our problems are deeper than that. But if that was the point of this thread - that this loss was entirely based on a new conference, then you should have worded the poll differently.

I'm telling you. It has an effect. You don't have to believe me.

Well I wouldn't argue with because you clearly know best.

And after all, how would you expect our offensive line to out-muscle anyone when they've never stayed at a Hampton Inn before?