I am one of the few that doesn't really buy the new conference adjustment factor

JTrain

Adjusting to the B1G  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not denying that there are differences, but I don't really see the formations or styles of play or offensive/defensive philosophy in the B1G playing much of a factor. FBS football is FBS football, and the reasons we've lost the games we have this season are universal to football: fumbles, penalties, discipline issues, failure to pick up 4+ yards on first down, unphysical o-line play, etc.

New opponents, new trends to understand, new officiating to get used to, new venues to get used to, new hotels, new conference guidelines.... there are about a zillion things we have to adjust to, not just "eleven new teams." Failing to take the whole into account is why people think switching conferences isn't a big deal. It is a big deal. You just don't deal with the details in your armchair.

• Fire 2

Penn State went 22-2 their first 2 seasons in the B1G.

Are you saying Bo should produce the same results in his fourth year as HC as Paterno did in his 27th?

Penn State went 7-5 the year before joining the B1G. Does that help or hurt your argument?

Probably doesn't do anything. It's an irrelevant stat. The only thing you might take out of that is Penn st went from playing quality opponents to weak ones in the big 10.

Penn State went 22-2 their first 2 seasons in the B1G.

Are you saying Bo should produce the same results in his fourth year as HC as Paterno did in his 27th?

Penn State went 7-5 the year before joining the B1G. Does that help or hurt your argument?

And 9-3 and 11-2 the two previous years before that. Clearly 7-5 in 1992 was the anomaly.

Like I have been saying all day this will take time. We recruited players to play in the big 12, not so many mobile QB, different schemes, etc. we knew what we were recruiting to do. This year was the first year we recruited towards the big 10. Like was said above have to adjust to 8 different teams in every aspect, bigger venues, different schemes, farther travel so not as many fans, or maybe just as many fans but in bigger arenas so seems as not as many, etc. Give it 2 years then we will consistently be playing in the CCG.