So, I am not completely sold on Mike Stoops. Couldn't win at AZ. We blew him out in the Holiday Bowl (our offense rolled that AZ defense). I dunno maybe with just focusing on the D he can get his mojo back? Maybe we could look at some new studs down in SEC country? I'd like to make some strong ties to locations in the south where we can get some of these top recruits and have them come play for the Blackshirts? Anyone fit that bill?

Don't we already have some pretty strong ties with the south since Bo used to be the DC at LSU?

Get this: Mike Stoops was a candidate for the FAU job too! Carl beat him out!!! Interesting!!

"Former Arizona coach Mike Stoops was among the candidates Carl Pelini beat out for the FAU job, Schad reports. Stoops confirmed he has had discussions with new Ohio State coach Urban Meyer about a position on the Buckeyes staff. It will be interesting if Bo Pelini makes a push for Stoops, his close friend, for the Huskers' vacancy."

I wonder if they passed on Stoops because he was fired??

As an AD at a college would you rather hire a guy with head coaching experience at the D1 level or a "DC" who most knew was the second fiddler in the defensive band?

No this wasn't thecase

I'd rather have the former so I'm a bit confused. Happy for Carl though!

Either way, we will have to spend another year breaking in new coaches.

If our coaches are any good, that's going to be a regular occurrence. That's the way it works in today's world where you have FAU's and their equivalent growing up into conference contenders. Everyone has enough money to pay a coordinator some decent scratch, and if you're a coordinator with any ambition, you have to take those positions.

It would be worse if nobody was trying to hire our guys. It would mean they weren't very good.

You clearly haven't been paying attention. Carl only gets work because of nepotism

Either way, we will have to spend another year breaking in new coaches.

If our coaches are any good, that's going to be a regular occurrence. That's the way it works in today's world where you have FAU's and their equivalent growing up into conference contenders. Everyone has enough money to pay a coordinator some decent scratch, and if you're a coordinator with any ambition, you have to take those positions.

It would be worse if nobody was trying to hire our guys. It would mean they weren't very good.

You clearly haven't been paying attention. Carl only gets work because of nepotism

I hope the word "nepotism" has a been of sarcasm to it.....a stretched statement.....Carl helped this defense become quite impressive in '09 and '10. Carl just didn't sit around picking his butt and not doing anything....and I bet he wasn't highly micromanaged by his brother Bo.

It sounds like there are two scenarios here.

#1. Bo brings in Mike Stoops or someone else as the defensive coordinator and more than likely JP leaves with Carl for FAU, leaving us to fill the special teams coach spot.

or

#2. Bo promotes JP to defensive coordinator and DL coach, and brings in someone else as the special teams coach.