*** Official Iowa Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

I have a feeling this "rivalry" is going to be much like the NU v. CU "rivalry"....pretty one-sided. Our last real rivalry was f#cked up by the Big Texas Conference.

As an outside observer I agree, I doubt there will be much parity in the future. The Big Ten should've waited a while before "assigning" rivals for NU, oh well, what can you do.

Fourth straight 9 win season.....How many teams can say that???? Ok...now let's fire Pelini. Friggin armchair qb's.

I imagine that a lot of teams can say that. 9 wins is acceptable--as long as there are some 11 or 12 win seasons sprinkled in as well in our future. He hasnt given us any of those yet, so forgive me if I'm not on the band wagon.

I have a feeling this "rivalry" is going to be much like the NU v. CU "rivalry"....pretty one-sided. Our last real rivalry was f#cked up by the Big Texas Conference.

As an outside observer I agree, I doubt there will be much parity in the future. The Big Ten should've waited a while before "assigning" rivals for NU, oh well, what can you do.

agree....but they did give us the game after thanksgiving...which we wanted, so I guess they had to pick a team. It couldn't be a team from the other half of the conference, and it couldn't be Michigan (since they have the big MU v. OSU game) so I guess the league did what they could (although the MU v OSU game is out of division I guess), anyway, I still think the league did the best they could considering what WE wanted and geographic proximity. I just don't think it will amount to much....hopefully I don't have to eat those words :)

Fourth straight 9 win season.....How many teams can say that???? Ok...now let's fire Pelini. Friggin armchair qb's.

I imagine that a lot of teams can say that. 9 wins is acceptable--as long as there are some 11 or 12 win seasons sprinkled in as well in our future. He hasnt given us any of those yet, so forgive me if I'm not on the band wagon.

Not to be a debbie-downer, but it's more of a 6-3 season if you take out 3 of the early season games against way lessor opponents.

Uhhhhh, why the eff didn't Carnes get some play time? Bo you piss me off sometimes!!

Couldn't agree more. Just ridiculous. I would transfer out of NU as quick as I could, Carnes and other back-ups are looking at zero-to-little time on the field unless there is a serious injury.

I'm sure people get tired of us saying it, bit it really is a serious issue. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Carnes transfers. Then we are screwed.

Not to be a debbie-downer, but it's more of a 6-3 season if you take out 3 of the early season games against way lessor opponents.
I disagree, a win is a win. If it is the case, then can we count the games we sholud have won but lost against lesser opponents and call it an 8 win season?

*QUOTED FROM PAGE ONE*

The announcers are claiming that Iowa and Nebraska are "similar programs"... They've lost all credibility in the first 2 minutes of the broadcast. :ahhhhhhhh

I got to watch the first half, and the announcers didn't have a clue what they were talking about. "Martinez is a halfback". "Rex isn't a north-south runner". "Cassidy is a great player, the glue of this defense, will definately play in the NFL".

I'm certain that was the first time they've watched Nebraska play this year and they were making stuff up as they went along.

it's more of a 6-3 season if you take out 3 of the early season games against way lessor opponents.

That is a weird sentiment. Very, very few teams schedule four tough non-conference opponents. Most do what we do - one tough game, one or two mediocre games and one or two easy wins. Nearly every AQ school who even dreams at a chance for a BCS bowl does this. Why would you gig Nebraska for doing what almost everyone does.