Which bowl game will we go to?

I doubt MSU stays ahead of Michigan. Pollsters always seem to want to penalize late losses, and this would also negate their biggest regular season win (Wisconsin). Fair or not, that conference championship game has a risk associated with it.

Michigan (or MSU) do need to be in the top 14. That's not a given. Georgia probably has to lose, for one. I was assuming Michigan moves ahead of the Big 10 loser too. Not sure who else they'd jump. Houston or Oklahoma possibly. K State is tied with ISU right now and they'd plummet with a loss.

I think Michigan is probable, but there isn't a spot for them in the following scenario:

If Georgia wins today it will knock someone out as the SEC will have 3 BCS teams if LSU only drops to #2. Stanford would be automatic if they stay at #4. Houston would be automatic with a win. If they lose, TCU would be in if they move up to #16 or better. That leaves no room for an at large team.

Why is TCU in if they move into the top 16 ..... over Michigan? Wouldn't it be a BCS decision? I like Michigan's tradition and national appeal over TCU... I don't know all the specifics, so I may be missing something that lets TCU in...... honest question.

Click on the link I put in post 202.

Thank you and I just went to cbssports and they had Mich playing TCU and explained the highest ranked non aq.... I appreciate the response. Yep, if Georgia wins, Michigan probably gets Capital One.

I look to LSU coming back to win....Gerogia will kick themselves for missed chances in the end.

cbssports is updated and projects Neb vs SC in Capital One

"@sean_callahan: Huskers.com has tickets on sale for the Insight Bowl? Maybe they know something we don't. What the heck? http://tinyurl.com/87sjkff"

:ahhhhhhhh

This is definitely a possibitlity as much as I would friggin hate it. Georgia may be showing well enough to not fall below Michigan... Baylor will most likely jump Michigan...Houston will surely drop below Michigan.....and Wiscy wins, projections say that MSU will stay ahead of Michigan....ultimately, the way things are shaking out, today hasn't been ideal for Michigan to move into the top14.... plus, KSU may jump them...... If Michigan doesn't go BCS, they will go Cap One and Outback may choose MSU....leaving Nebraska in Insight....

If LSU could keep rolling in 4th qtr., Georgia will fall below Michigan which would help their case.

"@sean_callahan: Huskers.com has tickets on sale for the Insight Bowl? Maybe they know something we don't. What the heck? http://tinyurl.com/87sjkff"

:ahhhhhhhh

This is definitely a possibitlity as much as I would friggin hate it. Georgia may be showing well enough to not fall below Michigan... Baylor will most likely jump Michigan...Houston will surely drop below Michigan.....and Wiscy wins, projections say that MSU will stay ahead of Michigan....ultimately, the way things are shaking out, today hasn't been ideal for Michigan to move into the top14.... plus, KSU may jump them...... If Michigan doesn't go BCS, they will go Cap One and Outback may choose MSU....leaving Nebraska in Insight....

If LSU could keep rolling in 4th qtr., Georgia will fall below Michigan which would help their case.

I didnt think the BigTen had to pick in order of conference finish, just like the big12. Its just go to show the Capital/Outback bowls didnt want us that bad, even though they talked how about they wanted Nebraska really bad. Oh well, atleast it will be a Friday night game and I can get piss drunk in either anger or excitement.

I think they pulled the trigger too soon....... nothing worked.

Edited by huskerscott