Sean Fisher

I think the leg injury is overblown. Was anyone that impressed with him before the injury?

Matt Herrian thought his broken leg was a big deal. Never came back as the same player.

Ok? This doesn't prove much. The injuries were completely different, it's apples to oranges. Herrian broke both his tibia and fibula, while Fisher broke his fibula. Herrian's was a devastating career-ending type injury. A broken fibula isn't a huge deal, hell Tebow finished a game in high school on a broken fibula. The fibula isn't a weight bearing bone.

Are you saying you think Fisher was better before his injury? I see the same tentative, weak player that he was before.

I think the leg injury is overblown. Was anyone that impressed with him before the injury?

Matt Herrian thought his broken leg was a big deal. Never came back as the same player.

This. Matt went from potential All Conference and early round draft pick to a meager contributor because of this injury.

Ok? This doesn't prove much. The injuries were completely different, it's apples to oranges. Herrian broke both his tibia and fibula, while Fisher broke his fibula. Herrian's was a devastating career-ending type injury. A broken fibula isn't a huge deal, hell Tebow finished a game in high school on a broken fibula. The fibula isn't a weight bearing bone.

Are you saying you think Fisher was better before his injury? I see the same tentative, weak player that he was before.

Yes, Fisher was better before his injury. But that doesn't mean I'm saying he's good or great. He was young then and he's coming off a rough injury now.

The reference to Herrian is simply that broken legs aren't always easy to come back from. You're welcome to debate whether the breaks were similar or not, but that's not the point - the injury between the ears is often the most severe.

The reference to Herrian is simply that broken legs aren't always easy to come back from. You're welcome to debate whether the breaks were similar or not, but that's not the point - the injury between the ears is often the most severe.

Exactly if you want the most recent example of the mental game look at Dennard. The first few games he was back he was pretty timid but after a full game or two he came around. You just mentaly have to find yourself after any significant injury.

Any chance he could move to safety with his height and size. Really seems to tall and lanky for a LB. To hard to get "under" blocks or under a RB's pad. Perhaps better in the open field?

Like Husker Richard stated above, prior to the broken leg, I do not even remember hearing his name. Granted that was in the Big XII where we only played one LB and he was not it, but even this season, a year from the injury he has not looked that promising. With Compton coming on, Whaley, Santos etc...., unsure if he will see the field again as a LB. Really know nothing about his speed/open field tackles so that is why I asked about safety or even Peso.

Like I said, I do not even remember him in 2009. Did it know if his play this year was indicative of his abilities or subpar because of the broken leg. From these replies, I am assuming another recruiting bust.

What???????