Sean Fisher

From everything I've read about him it sounds like he is a really good kid. Good student, teammate etc,, I really hope things come together for him this offseason. With his heigth and speed (I think he runs pretty well doesn't he?), he's got the body to really be a defensive playmaker. I wonder if he's really not %100 mentally back from that injury. Hopefully we'll see the dramatic upsurge in him like Compton had midway through the season.

From everything I've read about him it sounds like he is a really good kid. Good student, teammate etc,, I really hope things come together for him this offseason. With his heigth and speed (I think he runs pretty well doesn't he?), he's got the body to really be a defensive playmaker. I wonder if he's really not %100 mentally back from that injury. Hopefully we'll see the dramatic upsurge in him like Compton had midway through the season.

He's not Linebacker. Period. He doesn't have the urge to attack players and make a hit, he stands and takes the blow and still misses the tackle. He won't play next year either.

He's not Linebacker. Period. He doesn't have the urge to attack players and make a hit, he stands and takes the blow and still misses the tackle. He won't play next year either.

I know he's looked really, really bad out there this year, but I think the physical skills are there, and really think how bad Compton looked in the first half of the season. That lack of attacking is why I wondered about his mentality from the injury. Sometimes it takes a long time to get that confidence back. Just hoping he can become the player everyone was expecting.

I know he's looked really, really bad out there this year, but I think the physical skills are there, and really think how bad Compton looked in the first half of the season. That lack of attacking is why I wondered about his mentality from the injury. Sometimes it takes a long time to get that confidence back. Just hoping he can become the player everyone was expecting.

Fisher has neen almost non-existent this year yet has started almost every game. Whaley actually played a decent game against Iowa. Makes me wonder if Whaley started this year, then would we have been more productive on defense? Fisher is either not yet recovered or is psyched out from the broken leg. That LB spot needs to step up big time with the loss of David.

I dog on Fisher just like everybody else because frankly he earns whatever criticism he gets with his play. But you have to remember the guy broke his leg last year and even if you are physically recovered from that the mental part can take much longer to heal. Just have to find the confidence to go out and hit people and not worry about your own wellbeing. Think about Matt Herian, different position but same thing, he was never the same after his injury. Hopefully Fisher can find his groove because he has the physical talent he just needs the tenacity.

I think the leg injury is overblown. Was anyone that impressed with him before the injury? He looks exactly the same as he did before the injury. No leverage, lack of physicality, inability to shed blockers, horrible open field tackler, etc. Hate to bash him, but he's not a division 1 linebacker and our defense is better with him on the sideline.

Any chance he could move to safety with his height and size. Really seems to tall and lanky for a LB. To hard to get "under" blocks or under a RB's pad. Perhaps better in the open field?

Like Husker Richard stated above, prior to the broken leg, I do not even remember hearing his name. Granted that was in the Big XII where we only played one LB and he was not it, but even this season, a year from the injury he has not looked that promising. With Compton coming on, Whaley, Santos etc...., unsure if he will see the field again as a LB. Really know nothing about his speed/open field tackles so that is why I asked about safety or even Peso.

Any chance he could move to safety with his height and size. Really seems to tall and lanky for a LB. To hard to get "under" blocks or under a RB's pad. Perhaps better in the open field?

Like Husker Richard stated above, prior to the broken leg, I do not even remember hearing his name. Granted that was in the Big XII where we only played one LB and he was not it, but even this season, a year from the injury he has not looked that promising. With Compton coming on, Whaley, Santos etc...., unsure if he will see the field again as a LB. Really know nothing about his speed/open field tackles so that is why I asked about safety or even Peso.

way too slow to play safety....will ride the pine next season.

What???????