Taylor Martinez

CFHusker

For all of the Martinez bashers need to calm down, open your eyes, and look at the big picture. In the last six games Martinez has only thrown one interception and two since the Wisconsin game. Not bad for a QB who throws like Uncle Rico on Napoleon Dynamite.

Martinez's throwing motion doesn't bother me as long as the ball gets to the receiver and is caught when it should be.

• Fire 2

Denard is probably better than Taylor when Denard is "on." But I watched a lot of games where he was not "on," too... Considering their whole body of work this season, I thought Taylor had a better, more consistent season, even though Denard obviously won the head-to-head battle.

I've watched Robinson this year. He is head and shoulders a more effective player than TMart. Saying otherwise is pure homerism.

Denard is probably better than Taylor when Denard is "on." But I watched a lot of games where he was not "on," too... Considering their whole body of work this season, I thought Taylor had a better, more consistent season, even though Denard obviously won the head-to-head battle.

I've watched Robinson this year. He is head and shoulders a more effective player than TMart. Saying otherwise is pure homerism.

No, Robinson finished strong but was a liability most of the year.

I haven't watched it back, but how bad is his ankle is what I want to know.

One of the Iowa papers mentioned it in 4 of 5 online articles

** please help "catch me up to speed"..... what about his ankle... I have read the entire thread and didn't see any ankle issue. Is he hurt?

At half-time, I believe that he had moved ahead of Crouch into the #5 spot in total offense in Husker history, and he has two years left. Barring injury, he should leave as the most prolific offensive player (number - wise) in history.

Thats great but Crouch won the Heisman and the Davey Obrian. Martinez may have some numbers but he hasnt won anything....Sorry but Id rather have Robinson from Michigan as my dual threat qb....

Good...........Change teams..........

TM's stats

Rush Pass

W Kent- 127 136

Idaho- 157 106

Wash- 137 150

S Dakota-75 140

KSU- 241 128

Tex- 21 63

Ok St- 112 323

Miss- 16 115

Iowa St- 0 0

Kan- 71 167

Tex AM- 17 107

Colo- 0 0

Okla- -32 143

Wash 23 53

Total 965 1631

Rush Pass

Chatt- 135 116

Fres St- 166 219

Wash- 83 155

Wyo- 37 157

Wisc- 61 176

Ohio St- 102 191

Minn- 52 162

Mich St- 23 80

Northwes- 53 289

Penn St- 56 143

Mich- 49 122

Iowa- 20 163

Total 837 1973

I've watched Robinson this year too. Like I said, when he's on, he's more effective. When he's off, he's more of a liability than Taylor is, and Denard was off more often than Taylor was this season.

Look at the stats:

Robinson:

1791 yards passing

53.1% completion

15 TDs

14 Ints

947 yards rushing

2882 yards in total offense

7.17 yards per play

Martinez:

1973 yards passing

55.9% completion

12 TDs

7 Ints

837 yards rushing

2810 yards in total offense

6.31 yards per play

Taylor and Denard compiled nearly identical statistics in terms of total offense, while Denard was slightly more efficient, averaging a little less than one more yard per play, and he accounted for a few more TDs. On the other hand, Denard threw twice as many interceptions as Taylor did, and Taylor faced a much more brutal schedule (Denard faced Purdue and Illinois while Taylor faced Wisconsin and Penn State).

I'd take Taylor.

• Fire 1

I've watched Robinson this year too. Like I said, when he's on, he's more effective. When he's off, he's more of a liability than Taylor is, and Denard was off more often than Taylor was this season.

Look at the stats:

Robinson:

1791 yards passing

53.1% completion

15 TDs

14 Ints

947 yards rushing

2882 yards in total offense

7.17 yards per play

Martinez:

1973 yards passing

55.9% completion

12 TDs

7 Ints

837 yards rushing

2810 yards in total offense

6.31 yards per play

Taylor and Denard compiled nearly identical statistics in terms of total offense, while Denard was slightly more efficient, averaging a little less than one more yard per play, and he accounted for a few more TDs. On the other hand, Denard threw twice as many interceptions as Taylor did, and Taylor faced a much more brutal schedule (Denard faced Purdue and Illinois while Taylor faced Wisconsin and Penn State).

I'd take Taylor.

Me too. Especially with two more years to improve.

I think it's a very good chance our Oline will make some strides in the next two years. If so, this offense is gonna roll.

He might be smarter now but where is the TM from last year? TM was a much better quaterback last year (pre-ankle). Now, he is very timid when he runs and can not break a tackle. He's the softest QB in the BIG. I would take 2010 TM over 2011 TM.

I tell you what....his throwing motion looks fine in these clips...hmmmmm.....now I am confused as to why it's so exaggerated now.

And exactly which games of Robinson did you watch?

He can be more effective than TM. But he also has lost Michigan games because he's a turnover machine.