Bowl Season

T_O_Bull

UM, MSU, WI should go above us. That means Insight or Outback...unless something crazy happens. No?

Michigan will probably get an at-large BCS spot. If Wisconsin wins the title game, they go to the Rose Bowl and it's highly unlikely that Michigan State would be chosen ahead of us because our traveling reputation is quite a bit better. That would put us in the Capital One Bowl, which picks first from the B1G teams after the BCS games are decided.

If Michigan State wins the title game, there's a solid chance Wisconsin gets picked up by the Capital One and we fall to the Outback.

If Michigan State wins AND Michigan gets passed by the BCS (highly unlikely), we could fall to the Insight.

At this point I would say 50% Capital One, 40% Outback, 10% Insight.

Pretty much exactly what I am thinking!

I might add a little more support for the Capital One passing Michigan State. The Spartans have played in Orlando 3 of their last 4 Bowl appearances. Also, they lost all of those.

As much as it pains me, I will be rooting for Wisky to beat MSU. Send us to the Capitol One Bowl and let us test our mettle against a solid SEC team.

UM, MSU, WI should go above us. That means Insight or Outback...unless something crazy happens. No?

Michigan will probably get an at-large BCS spot. If Wisconsin wins the title game, they go to the Rose Bowl and it's highly unlikely that Michigan State would be chosen ahead of us because our traveling reputation is quite a bit better. That would put us in the Capital One Bowl, which picks first from the B1G teams after the BCS games are decided.

If Michigan State wins the title game, there's a solid chance Wisconsin gets picked up by the Capital One and we fall to the Outback.

If Michigan State wins AND Michigan gets passed by the BCS (highly unlikely), we could fall to the Insight.

At this point I would say 50% Capital One, 40% Outback, 10% Insight.

Pretty much exactly what I am thinking!

I might add a little more support for the Capital One passing Michigan State. The Spartans have played in Orlando 3 of their last 4 Bowl appearances. Also, they lost all of those.

As much as it pains me, I will be rooting for Wisky to beat MSU. Send us to the Capitol One Bowl and let us test our mettle against a solid SEC team.

I agree with both posts..... Only thing I can hope is that if the 3rd scenario happens (Insight), that the Insight bowl may think that Neb fans will not be excited about a Big 12 match up and may still be pissed that Bebee and company had them "pass" on Nebraska last season....and will take PSU and let us go to the Gator bowl.

I spoke with an outback bowl official Friday who said the SEC slot is likely filled by UGA or USC, which makes me think Arkansas is pretty much a lock for Capital One. Since Wisconsin probably wins the rematch, I believe it'll come down to who the Capital One chooses, Nebraska or MSU. Outback Bowl would love to have NU.

I spoke with an outback bowl official Friday who said the SEC slot is likely filled by UGA or USC, which makes me think Arkansas is pretty much a lock for Capital One. Since Wisconsin probably wins the rematch, I believe it'll come down to who the Capital One chooses, Nebraska or MSU. Outback Bowl would love to have NU.

Arkansas fans are saying Capital One or Cotton vs. Boomer

Capital One is ahead of Cotton in the pecking order right?

Capital One is ahead of Cotton in the pecking order right?

Yes it is but as far as seats filled at a stadium, Arky would much rather head to Dallas.

Just curious: I thought USC was on sanctions and couldn't play in a bowl game this year?

Just curious: I thought USC was on sanctions and couldn't play in a bowl game this year?

In SEC country USC = South Carolina

I want to see how we fare against a team from the SEC. Should be a good measuring stick for our program.

Well.... Arkansas is well, well, well beyond what NU can handle --- it would be like the Wisconsin and Michigan games. South Carolina and Georgia are also well beyond what NU can handle --- those could be blowout losses... but perhaps not. In any event, either of these two would beat NU 7 or 8 out of every 10 games on neutral turf. No.... I know what those games would look like.. and as a measuring stick.. NU comes up well short.

Then again, that is on paper. That is why they play the games --- but from where I sit, NU would be in over their heads against any of the three.

Looking at Brad Edwards' bowl projection, him and Schlabach both have Arkansas in BCS bowls. I thought a conference couldn't send more than two teams, guess I was wrong. If Arkansas gets an at-large that changes Nebraska's outlook quite a bit in terms of an opponents I'd think.

EDIT: Misread the projection. Both those two had Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl, not BCS bowls. Makes sense.

Looking at Brad Edwards' bowl projection, him and Schlabach both have Arkansas in BCS bowls. I thought a conference couldn't send more than two teams, guess I was wrong. If Arkansas gets an at-large that changes Nebraska's outlook quite a bit in terms of an opponents I'd think.

If two teams from the same conference are in the championship a 3rd can go to the BCS.