Arkansas vs Huskers.. Cap 1 bowl......

Hog Sker

How do u think u would fair?

20+ point loss.

I'd have to agree. Arkansas is better than Michigan or Wisconsin --- better than any team we played. I'd have to think that the results could be really, really ugly.

That said, the Arkansas players may, potentially, be so overconfident and not want to play against a team that they likely perceive to be so far beneath them that they hardly show up... that would mitigate somewhat against a blowout --- but NU winning would be a major, major surprise. It depends on whether their coaches allow them to have that attitude --- if they do, then that helps NU. But if Arkansas shows up ready to play, NU is toast. They are way out of our league.

Trust me. Hog Nation does not and would never take Huskers lightly... Doesnt matter what the Nebraska record was or how they ranked.... A Traditioned rich Nebraska is more than enough motivating factor...

I always like to think we can play with anyone. Could be the color of the glasses I look thru :lol: . Anyway, this game is more of a reward for the seniors, for a very good season. If it is Ark, they will have their hands full. I remember that 10-7 loss, cost us a N/C maybe. So good luck to are team, and thanks to all the seniors for bring this program back to respectability. Wish you all the best, as you move on with your lives. Once a Husker aways a Husker !!

GBR!!!

A game like this could really show us where we are in the Bo Pelini era. It may not be an SEC elite, but it's the next best thing. Good test for our guys.

I would not want to see that.

It would be really ugly, we're not ready.

Bo needs to recruit better, and his defense needs to be more adaptable for the ability of the players we have.

Tyler Wilson would shred our secondary

Please refer to Bo Pelini's Quarterback Graveyard.

I am not discounting Wilson, because he is very good and they have great team speed, but I have confidence when Brothers Pelini have 30+ days to prepare for a Quarterback who is a pocket-passer.

I'm listening to 1620 the Zone. Their source says that it will be Arkansas vs Nebraska in the Cap One Bowl. I like that match up. Defensive giant against an Offensive giant. Cool. I always thought Arkansas would've been a good team to add to the Big 8 back in the day. They had a major common element with NU-Arkansas HATES Texas as much as we do! lol

A game like this could really show us where we are in the Bo Pelini era. It may not be an SEC elite, but it's the next best thing. Good test for our guys.

I would not want to see that.

It would be really ugly, we're not ready.

Bo needs to recruit better, and his defense needs to be more adaptable for the ability of the players we have.

+1, we have no chance, a total mismatch.

Tyler Wilson would shred our secondary

Please refer to Bo Pelini's Quarterback Graveyard.

I am not discounting Wilson, because he is very good and they have great team speed, but I have confidence when Brothers Pelini have 30+ days to prepare for a Quarterback who is a pocket-passer.

Please refer to the coverage skills of Andrew Green, Ciante Evans, Austin Cassidy and Damion Stafford. I am not discounting Pelini, because he has shown that he's a great defensive mind and has great knowledge of the game, but I have confidence in Tyler Wilson when he has 30+ days to prepare for a secondary that has been inconsistent and suspect all season.

You guys are too hard on yourselves. It wouldnt be a blowout even if we do win. Our defense sucks against a power running game and burkhead is a tough runner...plus we struggle with mobile QBs and martinez can scramble. We seem to do our best against a spread offense. Our offensive line has been bad (but we are young fwiw) all season so you'd get pressure...its just up to wilson to escape the rush and throw on the run, which he has had success doing this season. I think it would be a great matchup.