2011 All B1G Selections - BTN 7:30 ET tonight

ladyhawke

I'm guessing David, Fonzie, and Maher get first team honors. Martinez and Burkhead get second team. Meredith gets third team. Abdullah gets freshman team.

Just curious: Burkhead only to second team? Is it because our team lost three games?

I think he'll go second team because of Montee Ball. Unless they take two running backs on the first team, I don't see Burkhead beating out Ball (and he shouldn't).

According to Bob Davie and Bob Wischusen, we should all look for the heart and soul of our defense Austin Cassidy to get honors.

I've never understood all that hate for Cassidy this year. Yeah, he's been out of position for some plays, but what player hasn't? I think most of the plays he supposedly gave up where because the corners and linebackers didn't do their job.

I'm guessing David, Fonzie, and Maher get first team honors. Martinez and Burkhead get second team. Meredith gets third team. Abdullah gets freshman team.

I don't see Martinez getting second team. I'd guess Cousins or Robinson.

You're probably right. I don't think Robinson should be second team, but the way he performed in his last two games really made a case. I'd venture to guess that he'll be second team and Martinez will be third team.

Martinez is WAY down the list of Big Ten QBs. Wilson will be #1, and from there it's a crapshoot of which stats you want to look at most. Since QBs are primarily thought of as passers, Vandenberg from Iowa will be up there, as will Sparty's Cousins, and I would guess Scheelhaase will be ahead of Martinez as well. Add in Dennard Robinson and Martinez isn't even in the top half of the league, that's my guess.