Ohio State officially interviewed Pelini for job

Nexus

Maybe he's telling the truth, he didn't interview for THE job. Maybe he interviewed for the DC job... if he's as unhappy here as many think he is, and OSU being his alma mater.... Someone on another board said a private jet left from Omaha, flew to Lincoln, then flew to tOSU on Wednesday last week. I don't know how to track those things, but someone else apparently does...

How many people here think that Bo's unhappy? I don't think he's unhappy, I just think he had a tough year and he did. Being a Head Coach is tough work-now he knows that. But unless a person knows Bo so intimately that they can tell exactly how he's feeling, determine where he's going, knows his every move-in other words unless they're his wife, they're probably just grasping at straws. Haven't we had enough rumors for one day? Probably not so....tune in tomorrow for the never ending saga of 'As the Bo Turns' same bat time same bat channel

What I stated is Bo is not going anywhere. He still has a lot to learn to be a good head coach. Bo knows football, I agree with that. But Bo does not know how to handle the press yet, I think learning, his coaching hires have been less than spectacular. Not bad, but nothing WOW. And ifs and what could be mean squat. No one else knows we were close in 5 years. No one cares. Win or lose. He has not won anything that would qualify him for that job or any other major program. He was not qualified for this job. He was a favorite and the price was right. We were not dropping 4 million a year.

Ohio State wanted WOW!!!!!!!. Urban lived in Ohio, went to grade school, high school, college at Ohio State, met his wife at Ohio State, played for Ohio State, coached at Ohio State, successful at Bowling Green, Utah and 2 National Championships at Florida, coached a Hypsman winner. He is WOW. And money was no problem. Ohio State was embarassed and wants to right the ship. I think he is the perfect fit for Ohio State.

Sorry for the caps, something stuck!! He was their first choice, no one else fits the bill like Urban. He is Ohio State.

We have Bo, who is learning to be a head coach. He has done a good job so far. I am more concerned about teams that do not show up. When he corrects that problem, I will have no problem with him. I never expected to win this year, but I never expected what happened to the defense either.

As long as Tom keeps working with him, he will make it. But making it is going to take more than just winning. He has to learn the ropes, and Tom is the best teacher out there for that. I have faith he will make it. And happy to say it.

What I stated is Bo is not going anywhere. He still has a lot to learn to be a good head coach. Bo knows football, I agree with that. But Bo does not know how to handle the press yet, I think learning, his coaching hires have been less than spectacular. Not bad, but nothing WOW. And ifs and what could be mean squat. No one else knows we were close in 5 years. No one cares. Win or lose. He has not won anything that would qualify him for that job or any other major program. He was not qualified for this job. He was a favorite and the price was right. We were not dropping 4 million a year.

Ohio State wanted WOW!!!!!!!. Urban lived in Ohio, went to grade school, high school, college at Ohio State, met his wife at Ohio State, played for Ohio State, coached at Ohio State, successful at Bowling Green, Utah and 2 National Championships at Florida, coached a Hypsman winner. He is WOW. And money was no problem. Ohio State was embarassed and wants to right the ship. I think he is the perfect fit for Ohio State.

Sorry for the caps, something stuck!! He was their first choice, no one else fits the bill like Urban. He is Ohio State.

We have Bo, who is learning to be a head coach. He has done a good job so far. I am more concerned about teams that do not show up. When he corrects that problem, I will have no problem with him. I never expected to win this year, but I never expected what happened to the defense either.

As long as Tom keeps working with him, he will make it. But making it is going to take more than just winning. He has to learn the ropes, and Tom is the best teacher out there for that. I have faith he will make it. And happy to say it.

Just wanted to correct you on a few details from your post concerning Meyer's background.

-- Urban Meyer played college football at Cincinnati where he also earned his undergraduate degree.

-- He met his wife at Cincinnati.

-- He earned his Master's Degree at Ohio State while employed as a Graduate Assistant under tOSU coach, Earle Bruce.

• Fire 1

I don't know if they only talked to Urban, but the head of the OSU search did state to one of our people that there was zero contact between them and Bo during this current search and there was no contact sought from Bo or his Agent. I feel pretty certain this is without a doubt the truth.

Wait until it comes out that the basis of Bo's and TO's fight (the feeler contact with B10 AD's to see if its ok to hire another B10 coach) is dismissed by athletic departments saying that question was never asked to them.

What was the basis of their fight then? ...Im really asking because i believe out of anybody you would know.

There wasn't a fight between the two. This guy said Bo and TO fought because TO had found out Bo was talking to OSU when they contacted other Big 10 athletic departments to see how they would feel if they hired a current Big10 coach. Smith has now come out and stated they only spoke with Urban. So......he had his facts distorted.

da skers, let me know if I'm getting this wrong. You are saying Urban is the only coach that OSU spoke with before hiring him? Thanks!

The Miami talks were more of an AD picking Bo's brain about who he thought would be good fit. What type of coach they needed there, the facilities, who he thought would be interested, the type of vision the person needed to have etc. and from all of that it turned into an offer from a friend. Kind of like when someone calls looking for a new employee for a managers position and by the time you're done giving names and talking about qualities it turns into an offer from you because you seemed to know what the hell you were talking about when it came to running a department.

That was the word that came from Nebraska and Bo's camp, but the reporters covering it in Miami still insisted Pelini was discussing being the coach at that school. Bo also secured another raise shortly after this event occurred. I do believe the two are connected, and that would suggest it was more than "picking Bo's brain."

If Bo doesn't like the media spot light in Nebraska it won't be different at any of the other major players like OSU, MU, Bama, ATM, etc. Except perhaps that they'll also give him props for doing well and not make it seem like a 9-3 season was a failure and act as though the program is KU. I find it funny the writers here think Turner got the shaft with only 5 wins in 2 years and at least a dozen blow outs but we go 9-3 and we're not really very good because according to one writer off record "we played poor in a few of those wins so really we're 6-6 but we got lucky".

I did talk to one of the players parents when I was at the MU game. The did remark that the didn't think the media would be as ruthless about the athletes and coaches when they sent their kids here to play. They knew the state was crazy about football but they thought the state supported the program along with the media. They feel the media is really out to get the players and the university. One parent said they were sure if they would have sent their son here if they knew it would be this bad.

I assure you OSU, Michigan, and Bama fans consider a three-loss season with no chance at a conference title disappointing. Michigan fired Lloyd Carr in a very similar scenario to Solich's dismissal. They're happy this year because of the disaster of Rodriguez stint. Bama fans are nuts. I don't know how you would conclude things are less intense there. If Saban had 9-3 or 10-4 season several years in a row and failed to win the SEC, they would be all over his butt.

Nick Saban

At MSU

'95 6-5-1

'96 6-6

'97 7-5

'98 6-6

'99 9-2

At LSU

'00 - 8-4

'01 - 10-3

'02 - 8-5

'03 - 13-1 NC

'04 - 9-3

At Ala.

'07 7-6

'08 12-2

'09 14-0 NC

'10 10-3

'11 11-1 (1 game left)

Bo hasn't even finished his 4th year as a head coach. Looks to me he is ahead of schedule in his development as a coach.

• Fire 3

Maybe he's telling the truth, he didn't interview for THE job. Maybe he interviewed for the DC job... if he's as unhappy here as many think he is, and OSU being his alma mater.... Someone on another board said a private jet left from Omaha, flew to Lincoln, then flew to tOSU on Wednesday last week. I don't know how to track those things, but someone else apparently does...

How many people here think that Bo's unhappy? I don't think he's unhappy, I just think he had a tough year and he did. Being a Head Coach is tough work-now he knows that. But unless a person knows Bo so intimately that they can tell exactly how he's feeling, determine where he's going, knows his every move-in other words unless they're his wife, they're probably just grasping at straws. Haven't we had enough rumors for one day? Probably not so....tune in tomorrow for the never ending saga of 'As the Bo Turns' same bat time same bat channel

Sorry, I was listening to him on the radio. I thought he said all at Ohio State, must have just said Ohio. But he is the one they wanted. I can see them touching base with Pelini people, but I doubt there was any serious interest. And I do not think Bo would want to move somewhere else, where more preasure would be upon him. He has the worst out of the way here, I hope. He knows the honeymoon is over.

It would help if this type of thread would magically dissappear, and no others like it opened.

More likely, handcuffs.

Nah, he never played for Osborne.

Nick Saban

At MSU

'95 6-5-1

'96 6-6

'97 7-5

'98 6-6

'99 9-2

At LSU

'00 - 8-4

'01 - 10-3

'02 - 8-5

'03 - 13-1 NC

'04 - 9-3

At Ala.

'07 7-6

'08 12-2

'09 14-0 NC

'10 10-3

'11 11-1 (1 game left)

Bo hasn't even finished his 4th year as a head coach. Looks to me he is ahead of schedule in his development as a coach.

Are you sure you really want to compare Nebraska with Sparty in his career progression?