Ohio State officially interviewed Pelini for job

Nexus

Wait until it comes out that the basis of Bo's and TO's fight (the feeler contact with B10 AD's to see if its ok to hire another B10 coach) is dismissed by athletic departments saying that question was never asked to them.

What was the basis of their fight then? ...Im really asking because i believe out of anybody you would know.

Hey I didn't see it posted anywhere in this thread so I thought I should mention that Sipple tweeted that Bo has denied talking to OSU...

That's because Pelini didn't talk to them, but likely his agent did. That's how coaches can skirt the lie factor, they utilize their agent to start the discussions.

I guess I'm the only one that found it amusing that the sipple twitter thing had been posted a half dozen times already in this thread...

I don't really like the idea of them denying the rumors all the while their agent is in hard negotiations. I would have rather heard a no comment come from UM's mouth than an absolute denial, but that's just me.

Did UM ever actually deny that he wasn't interviewing/negotiating with tOSU? Every time I heard him (in the booth earlier then the guys for him on ESPN) always said "there's no deal in place" which was probably the truth (with an attempt to mislead). He hadn't actually signed so he didn't have "a deal" but that doesn't mean he hadn't talked to them.

All in the wording.

Hey I didn't see it posted anywhere in this thread so I thought I should mention that Sipple tweeted that Bo has denied talking to OSU...

That's because Pelini didn't talk to them, but likely his agent did. That's how coaches can skirt the lie factor, they utilize their agent to start the discussions.

I guess I'm the only one that found it amusing that the sipple twitter thing had been posted a half dozen times already in this thread...

INCONCEIVABLE!

IF (and it's a big IF) we need to replace Bo, I hope we don't roll the dice on another "coordinator thrust into a head coaching job at a major program" experiment. Those fail more often then not...Stoops was the exception not the rule.

Oklahoma St. - Mike Gundy

Stanford - David Shaw

Houston - Kevin Sumlin

Boise St. - Chris Peterson

Oregon - Chip Kelly

Oklahoma - Bob Stoops

That's six out of the current BCS Top 10 who were promoted from coordinators without being head coaches. Yes, you can probably put an asterisk next to Shaw and Sumlin but it doesn't seem to be all that uncommon.

IF (and it's a big IF) we need to replace Bo, I hope we don't roll the dice on another "coordinator thrust into a head coaching job at a major program" experiment. Those fail more often then not...Stoops was the exception not the rule.

Oklahoma St. - Mike Gundy

Stanford - David Shaw

Houston - Kevin Sumlin

Boise St. - Chris Peterson

Oregon - Chip Kelly

Oklahoma - Bob Stoops

That's six out of the current BCS Top 10 who were promoted from coordinators without being head coaches. Yes, you can probably put an asterisk next to Shaw and Sumlin but it doesn't seem to be all that uncommon.

Peterson, Gundy, and Kelly were also all groomed for years at their schools, before taking over.

Wait until it comes out that the basis of Bo's and TO's fight (the feeler contact with B10 AD's to see if its ok to hire another B10 coach) is dismissed by athletic departments saying that question was never asked to them.

What was the basis of their fight then? ...Im really asking because i believe out of anybody you would know.

There wasn't a fight between the two. This guy said Bo and TO fought because TO had found out Bo was talking to OSU when they contacted other Big 10 athletic departments to see how they would feel if they hired a current Big10 coach. Smith has now come out and stated they only spoke with Urban. So......he had his facts distorted.

So it is a good thing I got Toms voicemail then? Whew,was not sure how I was going to get to the bottom of this one. "Hey Tom, thank you for your support and a national article will be coming out about a kid growing up in Lincoln, Nebraska and a operation that was covered up." " Also by the way did Pelini and you have a fist fight today?" Was not sure how I was going to get to the bottom of this one.