Urban Meyer doesn't know Bo . . .

IMO his success rides on his coordinators (it kind of always has). Once we start seeing the staff come together we'll have a better guage of where they'll stand. Urban alone doesn't worry me much at all though. Throw in a coordinator making 1.5 million a year and I'm going to have some concern that Nebraska will never be able to maintain that level. The gap seems to be getting wider and wider. Even 3-4 years ago BC wasn't making 3 million less than the top tiered coaches. Even w/ Bo's huge salary he's now been doubled. Our highly paid assistants are making a third of their counterparts. Gap just keeps growning...

I think the problem with your theory is that you believe he is burnt out. I think that is hardly the case. IMO, he ran from the competition of the SEC. When the kitchen got hot, he got out. When Meyer got to the SEC, Saban was out at LSU heading to Miami and the pros. Newcomer Les Miles wasn't perceived as much a threat going 28-21 at Okie State. Tennessee was a program plodding along. Basically, at the time Meyer went to the SEC it was primed for the taking just like he perceives the Big 10 as being primed for the taking. Florida while being horribly coached by Zook had great talent. Ohio State while going through sanctions and NCAA investigations still has great talent. Urban Meyer has had great success everywhere he's been. What Ohio State fans need to keep in mind is the fact that Urban Meyer never stays in anyone place for very long. They might very well get that immediate success, but it might also be very short lived.

Urban Meyer is going to flop at Ohio State. Once burned out, athletes and coaches never come back. Can anybody name one? If the Bo myth had any truth to it (I doubt it), he should be happy that he is at NU this morning. I'll bet Urban last three years at OSU and has mediocre seasons. Gut instinct.

yagottabekiddingme.gif

• Fire 1

Urban Meyer is going to flop at Ohio State. Once burned out, athletes and coaches never come back. Can anybody name one? If the Bo myth had any truth to it (I doubt it), he should be happy that he is at NU this morning. I'll bet Urban last three years at OSU and has mediocre seasons. Gut instinct.

yagottabekiddingme.gif

uther-clapping.gif

Well played sir, well played.

I know (well, at least I thought I knew) why he left Florida but why did he leave his other schools?

To Coach at better schools... He hasn't failed anywhere...

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°Bowling Green Falcons (Mid-American Conference) (2001–2002) 2001 Bowling Green 8–3 5–3 2nd 2002 Bowling Green 9–3 6–2 3rd Bowling Green: 17–6 11–5 Utah Utes (Mountain West Conference) (2003–2004) 2003 Utah 10–2 6–1 1st W Liberty 21 21 2004 Utah 12–0 7–0 1st W Fiesta † 5 4 Utah: 22–2 13–1 Florida Gators (Southeastern Conference) (2005–2010) 2005 Florida 9–3 5–3 2nd (East) W Outback 16 12 2006 Florida 13–1 7–1 1st (East) W BCS NCG † 1 1 2007 Florida 9–4 5–3 3rd (East) L Capital One 16 13 2008 Florida 13–1 7–1 1st (East) W BCS NCG † 1 1 2009 Florida 13–1 8–0 1st (East) W Sugar † 3 3 2010 Florida 8–5 4–4 2nd (East) W Outback Florida: 65–15 36–13 Ohio State Buckeyes (Big Ten Conference) (2012–present) 2012 Ohio State 0–0 0–0 (Leaders) Ohio State: 0–0 0–0 Total: 104–23 National Championship Conference Title Conference Division Title

Indicates BCS bowl game. #Rankings from final Coaches' Poll.

°Rankings from final AP Poll.

I wasn't insinuating that he failed, I just wondered why he moved. I figured he was probably just moving up the ladder.

Actually, I think he will succeed more at Ohio State than Florida. If you don't get guys like Tim Tebow every single season, its difficult to win 11 games every year in the SEC against Alabama and LSU whom own the recruiting in their own states. At Florida, you have to recruit with FSU, Miami, the rest of the SEC, and the rest of the country for recruits.

This year was a unique distraction year for OSU. Meyer can win 10 to 11 games per year in the Big 10 without players like Tim Tebow. But hell, he has Braxton Miller for the next three seasons if he doesn't leave in two years.

ask Bill Snyder how his second coming went.

But Snyder didn't retire because he was burned out. Once a guy hits the wall, he doesn't come back. I'll bet Urban won't be able to stomach it when some losses start coming his way.

Thats exactly why Snyder retired. He was tired and wanted to take time away from football to be with family.