Urban Meyer doesn't know Bo . . .

We should remember he won those games in Florida with the help of Ron Zook's players. He left when his team was depleted. I like Urban Meyer, and he brings a lot of mystic with him, just not sure if the going gets tough, he bails.

this post makes no sense, none at all, his recruiting classes starting with the 2006 class (the Tebow class) were #2, #1, #3, #11, and #2, depleted...? um, no...

Urban Meyer doesn't know Bo . . .

You mean like...he's never met him? Or they're not good buddies? Not sure what this means. Because surely it doesn't mean that Urban Meyer has never seen anything like Bo before and doesn't know what he's up against!!

My good man, are you too young to remember Nike's "Bo Knows" commercials?

Ahh...gotcha. Play on words. I remember those commercials, I just didn't make the connection.

I don't think the comparison between Meyer and Snyder is fair. The only reason Bill Snyder came back was because he basically called for his replacement. His replacement was an utter failure. Bill Snyder coming back seems a lot more like trying to make up for his mistake of a replacement coach to KSU and its fans. Bill Snyder is an old man while Urban Meyer is still a fairly young man. Urban Meyer left Florida because he was running from the intense competition.

I don't think the comparison between Meyer and Snyder is fair. The only reason Bill Snyder came back was because he basically called for his replacement. His replacement was an utter failure. Bill Snyder coming back seems a lot more like trying to make up for his mistake of a replacement coach to KSU and its fans. Bill Snyder is an old man while Urban Meyer is still a fairly young man. Urban Meyer left Florida because he was running from the intense competition.

Don't agree with this is at all.

I have no idea how Meyer will do at Ohio State but my gut instinct is that it will be no where near as impressive as anything he has done prior or near the dominance some people are anticipating. I am concerned that he knows too much about the nuances of the BELLY OPTION though. I went back and re-watched that game with some buddies and we took a shot everytime he said "belly option"; had to make 3 extra trips to the liquor store, 2 of us are still in detox, and poor poor Wilford.....the funeral is tomorrow.

He's only been gone a year, the games is the same. He won 2 NC's in Florida. Pretty confident he'll do well at another big name school like Ohio State. Look at his coaching record everywhere he has gone....trend looks pretty good.

When he got into year 4 and 5 at Florida, they were not nearly as good though. Those are the key years when all the guys from the first class are juniors and seniors. That's why everyone was trying to crucify Pelini earlier this year when the defense wasn't playing well. He went 8-5 his last year. Do I still think he's a good coach? Yes, but the double standard does little to amuse me.

He's only been gone a year, the games is the same. He won 2 NC's in Florida. Pretty confident he'll do well at another big name school like Ohio State. Look at his coaching record everywhere he has gone....trend looks pretty good.

When he got into year 4 and 5 at Florida, they were not nearly as good though. Those are the key years when all the guys from the first class are juniors and seniors. That's why everyone was trying to crucify Pelini earlier this year when the defense wasn't playing well. He went 8-5 his last year. Do I still think he's a good coach? Yes, but the double standard does little to amuse me.

You mean that double standard that says if you win some NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, you get a few few free passes? Yeah...that's waaaaay out there. :rolleyes:

You mean that double standard that says if you win some NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, you get a few few free passes? Yeah...that's waaaaay out there. :rolleyes:

Yes because Bo walked into a team full of National Championship talent. How could I have forgotten. :facepalm:

Urban Meyer won in Utah (with no real competition) and took over a team in Florida that was loaded with talent and won. Ohio State has a lot of talent too, but it is a bit of a different situation that he took over in Florida. I am still not certain he is the great God of a coach that everyone makes him out to be...we'll see how he does at Ohio. All I know is that if the stress of Coaching at Florida nearly killed him, he may not want to join this conference considering the ill effects it seems to have on coach's health (ie:Dantonio and Kill).

• Fire 1

All I know is that if the stress of Coaching at Florida nearly killed him, he may not want to join this conference considering the ill effects it seems to have on coach's health (ie:Dantonio and Kill).

This is why I'm confused about Meyer jumping into a high-profile school again. If he wants to coach but doesn't want the stress, Kansas is hiring. If the stress was so bad he had to walk away from one of the preeminent schools in the country, it's not going to be any easier in C-Bus, and it'll likely be an even more uncomfortable microscope.

It really makes me wonder why he left Florida. The "illness" and "family" explanations don't hold much water right now.