Should Scott Frost become Nebraska's Offensive Coordiantor?

I say, yes.

First of all, Frost is a proven winner. He helped Nebraska win a share of the National Championship in 1997. Second, the guy is a great competitor. That would definately rub off on the football team. Third, Frost, IMO, is definately one of the reasons why Oregon's offensive is so explosive. Have you seen Oregon's offense? Man, they can score on will against anyone. That offense pratically made Stanford look like high schoolers and they've always give USC a hard time, even when USC was good.

I think that Bo needs to let go of his pride, and let Frost be the Offensive Coordinator. I bet you that Nebraska will definately be a force to wrecken with in the Big Ten if that happens, and they will definately be a nightmare for even the likes of Michigan and Ohio State.

Not to mention, I think that Scott Frost being around would definately make Taylor Martinez into a better QB. I can see Frost taking Martinez under his wing, and molding him into a great Nebraska QB. Martinez has the tools to do it. He just needs the right guidance, IMO. Frost would be the guy to help get him there.

I say go for it. Not only would it make Nebraska better, it would force other Big Ten schools, even powers like Ohio State and Michgan, to get better.

HO NOSE... Wolviefan, one step forward, two backward. Welcome none the less.

I just wouldn't want the Oregon offense, but I'm sure Scott could of been and still could be a great asset to the staff. I'm not sure if he is ready to be and offensive coordinator, but he would be a great position coach.

As long as we had a defined style of offense I wouldn't care. Our multiple personality offense isn't working.

Welcome to the board Wolviefan.

February of 2011 called. It wants its thread back.

Wow.. "Frosty" welcome to the board....

hehe ...see what I did there?

---

Anyway, I'm an important anonymous booster and I can tell you I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that Scott Frost and Carl don't like each other, something about a bocce ball match? Anyway, until Scott apologizes to Carl for that thing he did - which I can't mention here, but trust me it's bad - Bo won't try to hire him to his staff or until Carl is gone. Meanwhile, Scott is still supplying Bo with the Oregon playbook when he flies back to visit his parents from time to time...

Welcome to the board

Geez guys; I seriously doubt new members look through a year long list to see if something they are interested in is there by chance. just sayin'

GBR

Fine, but why does a Michigan fan come here to tell us who our OC should be, unless he wants to stir things up? I'd rather see people make fun of him than take the bait.

Welcome to the board

Geez guys; I seriously doubt new members look through a year long list to see if something they are interested in is there by chance. just sayin'

GBR

Fine, but why does a Michigan fan come here to tell us who our OC should be, unless he wants to stir things up? I'd rather see people make fun of him than take the bait.

Maybe he was just trying to be nice for crying out loud.

I say, yes.

First of all, Frost is a proven winner. He helped Nebraska win a share of the National Championship in 1997. Second, the guy is a great competitor. That would definately rub off on the football team. Third, Frost, IMO, is definately one of the reasons why Oregon's offensive is so explosive. Have you seen Oregon's offense? Man, they can score on will against anyone. That offense pratically made Stanford look like high schoolers and they've always give USC a hard time, even when USC was good.

I think that Bo needs to let go of his pride, and let Frost be the Offensive Coordinator. I bet you that Nebraska will definately be a force to wrecken with in the Big Ten if that happens, and they will definately be a nightmare for even the likes of Michigan and Ohio State.

Not to mention, I think that Scott Frost being around would definately make Taylor Martinez into a better QB. I can see Frost taking Martinez under his wing, and molding him into a great Nebraska QB. Martinez has the tools to do it. He just needs the right guidance, IMO. Frost would be the guy to help get him there.

I say go for it. Not only would it make Nebraska better, it would force other Big Ten schools, even powers like Ohio State and Michgan, to get better.

dude, you are 2 years too late with this thought.......at least.

Welcome to the board Wolviefan.

February of 2011 called. It wants its thread back.

What happened in February?

Just kiddin' around. We had a gazillion of these threads last February when we had an OC opening.

At this point, I'm glad we hired Beck. I like what he's doing scheme-wise, I think we improved from an execution standpoint, and I think Beck was a bit more ready to make the jump to OC than Frost was. We would have loved to have Frost on the staff, just not yet as an OC, and he didn't want to return as anything less than an OC.

Besides all of that, just bringing Frost back doesn't guarantee that our offense becomes anything close to as prolific as Oregon's offense. Chip Kelly is the mastermind behind that, and while you'd hope Frost would have learned a lot from him, he really doesn't have that much to do with why Oregon's offense is as successful as it is.

Also... a Michigan fan that likes Scott Frost? Something smells fishy...

Next, this guy's gonna tell us we should hire Matt Davison to coach the WRs.

The fact is: he has absolutely NO experience coordinating an offense, and has only been a position coach. And if i'm correct, he coaches the WR's, which traditionally isn't an incredibly intricate position to learn. I have no idea the inner workings, so that may not be the case, but QB and OL coaches usually are the most involved position coaches. I could see this being a plausible scenario if he went to OC at a smaller school to get some experience, but as of right now, I don't believe he would be ready...

In February, there was some thought that Frost could make it on to Bo's revamped staff. He didn't, though.

Oregon's offense is good but you gotta realize, that offense is Chip Kelly's offense. It's like saying a school in dire need of defensive help should hire John Papuchis to be DC because of how good Nebraska's D has been. Both JP and Frost have great qualities as coaches, but if they want to be OC or DC, they will have to cut their teeth at a lower level, or assume the title in name under a coach/coordinator.

Tommie Frazier is even more of a proven winner....