Things you aren't seeing with the Huskers

C N Red

I miss having an offensive line that could open up holes big enough for a rhino to charge through.

I miss having a defensive line that could prevent those holes from being created (oh, and tackle, I definitely miss that).

But most of all, I miss the days when we had a team good enough that we didn't have to constantly bitch and bicker about what needs to be done to FIX THE DAMN THING.

This. I miss knowing we could gain 3 yards right up the gut even when the other knew that's what we were gonna do.

I know Burkhead is a beast and him David saved our winning season. But do you know what I really miss?? A back that can break one for an 80 yard touchdown. Not once but a handful of times in a season. ie. Ahman Green, Deangelo Evans, Cory Ross, Corell Buckhalter, Lawrence Phillips and so on.....

His name is Taylor Martinez. And when he did it, a lot of people bitched about how dependent NU was on the "big play".

And, you just lumped Deangelgo and Ross with three of the best Huskers ever. Not to mention overlooking A few great ones.

How long exactly do you have to stop walking until your gum is sufficiently chewed?

I think Huskurz misses Helu. I do, too.

Taylor isn't a back, and he hasn't had that big play stick for a while. Hasn't had a run longer than 20 yards since 9/17. He did break a couple long ones vs Chattanooga and Fresno State. Put Taylor's rushing production on a RB and I'm fine with it, though.

Sad we cant recruit guys that even Southern Miss can like

Are you implying that Southern Miss has better players (athletes) then we do??

Really??

How many Lavonte Davids, Fonzo Dennards, Burkheads, Cricks, etc. do they have??

I love how the guy lists the four best players on this team, 3 of which are graduating seniors, and then puts a little etc. on the end of that. LOL. Some of your posts make me laugh. You care to fill in more of those names? What if Southern Miss does recruit consistently more talented players than Nebraska? Or what if their coaches just develop lesser talented players better than we do? Anyone can come on here and name our best players and the say "etc." I hate to inform you that there are a lot of teams out there that don't just rely on 4 guys to carry their team. You gonna sit here and try to tell me that Burkhead didn't carry this offense this year? You gonna try to tell me that when we lost Crick our defensive line didn't fall apart? How would this team have faired without Fonzie and David out there? Yea, that's what i thought. Every team has playmakers, but lots of other teams get consistent play from nearly every position on the field. Not great play, but consistent play. Don't be surprised if Southern Miss comes in here next year and plays a tough game.

Three fourths of this comment is stupid.

Wow, this thread is the essence of what everyone hates about the huskers. What your basically saying is that you wish it was 1995 again.

Has nothing to do with '95. Watching football today I see how MANY other teams can do things we dont do. My number one thing is how our scheme doesnt let our Dline try to penetrate and disrupt things in the backfield or ever allow our rush ends to speed rush esp on passing downs. At least i hope its the scheme. Maybe its the talent, i dont know. I need to reword the post i guess.

Wow, this thread is the essence of what everyone hates about the huskers. What your basically saying is that you wish it was 1995 again.

Has nothing to do with '95. Watching football today I see how MANY other teams can do things we dont do. My number one thing is how our scheme doesnt let our Dline try to penetrate and disrupt things in the backfield or ever allow our rush ends to speed rush esp on passing downs. At least i hope its the scheme. Maybe its the talent, i dont know. I need to reword the post i guess.

Bo says the system works, and I think that we have to take him at his word. Also, he has more then proven in the past that the system DOES work.... I am more alarmed with the dropoff in DLine play this year, with pretty much the same guys as last year. It makes me question the coaching of JP, since he was taking on the role of coaching the DLine this year, and Carl was focusing on the D as a whole. Promoting JP to DC would be a mistake in my opinion.

Talk about evaluating a football team. The fact that you think the outcome of this season would have been the same without guys like Burkhead, Lavonte David, and Fonzie D.....well that is just a f'ing' joke in itself. Maybe you've had one too many. :wasted

And you think other teams are going to be good without their top players? Excuse me, but I don't understand where you're going with that point.

The team is also coached by a different person. I am no husker homer but what is it that you want. No one was complaning just 2 years ago when we played lights out defense. The o is up but the d is down. The d is up but the o is down. It takes a bit to get it settled down. We did get 9 wins remember.

But you must remember that 9 wins is mediocre!