Some of you may be familiar with my thought processes when it comes to just how hard it is to win all your games. And just how special of a team it takes to do that.

But I'll interject a little more evidence to prove my point.

I present to you: the Oklahoma Sooners

Oklahoma was a team picked by nearly everyone to play for the national championship this year. Landry Jones was in his 3rd year. They had an explosive WR corps with Kenny Stills and Ryan Broyles. They had the talent, and they had the experience. Surely they would go undefeated.

Look at their record and look at our record and what do you see? You see the same record, 9-3. And don't give me the "they played tougher competition" crap. Look at their losses.

UNRANKED Texas Tech @home [aka Northwestern]

#22 Baylor on the road [aka Michigan]

#3 Oklahoma State on the road [aka Wisconsin]

They had all the talent, they had all the experience, and yet they still lost 3 games to two teams they had no business losing to in the first place.

National championship winning seasons are extremely hard to come by.

Good point, but most people are more mad they we haven't won a conference championship in so long not a national. OU won it last year with an OK team and was very close this year where as nebraska hasn't done it in 12. It's not fair to Pelini that he should have to feel the heat for other coaches failures but that's the reality here. If he would have won the big 12 last year or the year before no one would be calling for his head now.

But to be calling for a coach's head after just 4 seasons of pretty solid football [9 wins every year] is just a little ridiculous given just how hard it is to put together a what is considered around here a great season [that being 11-1 or undefeated] don't you think?

that's why I said it's not fair, I'm not one of those calling for his head bro.

That is pretty good perspective. I have been saying for weeks that, to have that really special season or run of years, it takes more than a coach or a handful of players. It also takes luck, team chemistry, and timing that can't be timed. This wasn't our year, much the same as it wasn't Oklahoma's. But try to tell that to irrational fans who believe programs change direction on a dime based on the name of your HC. You could fill pages and pages on some online forum arguing that.

Edit- I just realized that a program can change on a dime with sufficient change. We've experienced that. I will amend my claim to; it is tough to change for the better in an arbitrary 4-6 year period of time.

I've said it in another thread and I'll say it again. If we fire Bo for winning 9-10 games a year and continuing to run a clean program but not conference or national championships, whether it be after next year or 10 years from now, I am DUN with Nebraska football and college football in general. I will just curl up into a little ball and rot away. I will elect to not have an association with something so morally crappy.

That is pretty good perspective. I have been saying for weeks that, to have that really special season or run of years, it takes more than a coach or a handful of players. It also takes luck, team chemistry, and timing that can't be timed. This wasn't our year, much the same as it wasn't Oklahoma's. But try to tell that to irrational fans who believe programs change direction on a dime based on the name of your HC. You could fill pages and pages on some online forum arguing that.

Edit- I just realized that a program can change on a dime with sufficient change. We've experienced that. I will amend my claim to; it is tough to change for the better in an arbitrary 4-6 year period of time.

Maybe we'll have to explain this to Ohio St. when Urban goes 9-3 or 8-4 next year. Talk about feeling entitled.

Maybe we'll have to explain this to Ohio St. when Urban goes 9-3 or 8-4 next year. Talk about feeling entitled.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, look at all the young talent they have on that team. Braxton Miller alone is a scary thought for the next 2 years.

Here's what people need to keep in mind with regards to OU. Venables is good for at least one to two losses per season. As picked over as Stoops staff gets annually, no one has ever really shown much interest in Venables. Laundry Jones is good for at least one to two games where he will implode handing points to opposing teams. If Jones stays, I see his playing time diminish next year. Bob should get on his hands and knees and beg his brother to come back to OU. OU did have a more disappointing season than we had.

I've said it in another thread and I'll say it again. If we fire Bo for winning 9-10 games a year and continuing to run a clean program but not conference or national championships, whether it be after next year or 10 years from now, I am DUN with Nebraska football and college football in general. I will just curl up into a little ball and rot away. I will elect to not have an association with something so morally crappy.

For myself (and likely many others) I'm ok with losing 2-4 games a year as long as the losses are competitive in the 4th quarter and we are rarely out-coached.

For myself (and likely many others) I'm ok with losing 2-4 games a year as long as the losses are competitive in the 4th quarter and we are rarely out-coached.

Oklahoma's losses are better than our losses. When we lose we look like we never played football before. When Oklahoma loses they are usually competitive. When is the last time they got blown out like we did against Michigan and Wisconsin?