Stoops on the hot seat??

mwj98

I'll put it this way. Whether Stoops would want to be a head coach at NU is irrelevant. The chances that NU hires an OU head coach to be a Nebraska head coach? It'll happen as soon as NU replaces Adidas with Nike, Nike changes our jersey colors to black and gold and green and puts rubber ducks on them, Pepsi is changed out on campus in exchange for Budweiser vending machines, blue-hairs start complaining that the students keep asking them to sit down and be quiet at games, Lamb Of God replaces the marching band at halftime, instead of hearing "Hot dogs!" and "Runzas!" from the stadium vendors you hear "Weed!" and "LSD!" and Tom Osborne starts hitting The Night Before to find replacement of the cheerleaders.

Other than that...become the athletic director and convince Bobby to come be the new Nebraska head coach.

Umm.....I think it would be easily more plausible than your scenario. IF the spot was available and Bob was available your telling me a proven, clean record, winning coach would get the blow off because he coached at Boomer? That is just as funny.

This program has hired from outside of the "husker family" before.

Calling for Stoops' head is just further proof that drugs are bad

Wouldn't happen. Despite the lunacy of the idea of this, remember who are friends here. Stoops and Pelini. Stoops would never accept a job that his friend had just been 'fired' from. I can't believe I'm even getting sucked into this hypothetical. I guess it really shows how far NU fans will sell their soul to see how green the other pasture may be.

I agree that this hypothetical is a joke, but I can't see how bringing in a coach like Bob Stoops is like selling ones soul. Now hiring Bob Huggins when he went to K State would be more like signing a lease with the devil. But it probably would have made NU relevent for a period so I honestly would have considered it

I'm not saying he's a bad coach. He's obviously a good coach. But you know as well as I do that Nebraska fans don't have a great deal of patience. But to go coach a team that has been your formal team's rival for so many years? Wow...might as well make BC your OC, that way when you ultimately lose your first game as a head coach at Nebraska, at least you'll know the fans will hang your Coordinator before you.

This has not been a rivalry as everyone knows since the inception of the Big XII. Giving the results Bob has produced even "old school" Husker fans would reconize a good hire.

Again this hypothetical is out of control.

Oklahoma is a perfect example of entitlement. All offseason everyone-yes, EVERYONE-was putting them on the pedestal, placing them if not above, in the same league as LSU and Alabama. All they had to do was win. It didnt have to be pretty knowing LSU and Bama would eliminate one of the other. OU got cute, got cocky and pissed their pants against Texas Tech. After that they pretty much packed it in.

Oklahoma is a perfect example of entitlement. All offseason everyone-yes, EVERYONE-was putting them on the pedestal, placing them if not above, in the same league as LSU and Alabama. All they had to do was win. It didnt have to be pretty knowing LSU and Bama would eliminate one of the other. OU got cute, got cocky and pissed their pants against Texas Tech. After that they pretty much packed it in. Tack on a few injuries and this season has been the ultimate failure. We can legitimately say we expected 2-3 losses. OU? They were predicted by many to most to win the whole damn thing.

Fresno State fired Pat Hill, so stranger things have happened. I can understand why OU fans are disappointed, but I highly doubt many are calling for his job. I can see many of them and rightfully so calling for Venables head, but the D isn't what lost them the game to Okie State. OU just needs to see Laundry for what he is. He's not a great QB.