Is LSU one of the all-time greats?

LSU one of the all-time greats?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty solid so far...they win out and I would have to say yes. From everything i've seen, I think they'd give the '95 Huskers (THE alltime great) a pretty good game. LSU has some serious athletes on that team and they are solid in all 3 aspects plus they appear to be well coached. Not sure what else they need to be considered one of the greats...other than a national championship.

They've played one of the most brutal scheudles of any NC in years. Not only have the won those games, they pretty much dominated them. They will be a great team whether they win or lose against Bama the second time around, but if they beat them in convincing fashion, then I think you can't deny that they are one of the best ever.

Until they play the NC game they are great, but one must wait until ALL the games are played before they are considered an ALL-TIME great.

• Fire 1

They've played one of the most brutal scheudles of any NC in years. Not only have the won those games, they pretty much dominated them. They will be a great team whether they win or lose against Bama the second time around, but if they beat them in convincing fashion, then I think you can't deny that they are one of the best ever.

Until they play the NC game they are great, but one must wait until ALL the games are played before they are considered an ALL-TIME great.

Definitely agree with this. If they win out they have a very strong argument for "best team of all time." It'll be tough to beat the same team twice in one season, but they can't claim lack of motivation if they don't pull it off.

EDIT - I'm the lone "Yes" vote right now. Regardless of whether they win the MNC, they've shown they're an all-time great. But the answer to Mills' question of "are they the greatest" must wait until 1/10/12.