DC Candidates?

My list would look like this.

1. Mark Stoops - FSU DC Bo was in Marks wedding. I heard Bo say that Mark was his best friend growing up. This would still be a tough get if it is even possably.

2. Mike Stoops - AU fired head coach. Family freind. Word is he is on his way to Ohio St with Urban.

3. Mike Ekeler - Co/DC Indiana. Was with Bo from '03-'10.

4. John Papuchis - D-line/Special Teams/Recruting coach. Great recruiter. Has done a pretty good job with Special teams

Can anyone think of another realistic DC that NU & Bo could get?

Why does Ekeler's name keep popping up? No way in hell. There's a better chance that monkeys will come flying out of Lil Red's butt than for that to happen.

Why? He is a great coach.

A great position coach. Maybe. But he's not a DC. He does have great vertical leap though.

• Fire 1

Why does Ekeler's name keep popping up? No way in hell. There's a better chance that monkeys will come flying out of Lil Red's butt than for that to happen.

Why? He is a great coach.

Word was when he left for Indiana..............it was a mutually satisfying decision for all parties .........................

Ekeler will not be our DC.

Mark Stoops isn't going anywhere.

Mike Stoops is a long shot, but still a possibility.

JP imo is still maybe two years away from being a DC.

Doug Coleman is in the same boat as JP.

Thanks for your oppinon. I guess you have no answer for the question. "Can anyone think of another realistic DC that NU & Bo could get? "

Thanks for your oppinon. I guess you have no answer for the question. "Can anyone think of another realistic DC that NU & Bo could get? "

I think JP will be "promoted" and we will hire another position coach. But Bo will call most of the defense plays, with JP's help. Just my gut feeling.

I think JP will be "promoted" and we will hire another position coach. But Bo will call most of the defense plays, with JP's help. Just my gut feeling.

I would agree & guess that he will go after a QB coach to help develop our QB's. Something we have not had under Bo.

A few other names to throw into the WAG for AD mix: Ron Vanderlinden of Penn State. Tim DeRuyter of aTm. Jim Heacock of Ohio State. Vic Koenning from Illinois.

This is my wild assed guess that I mentioned in another thread a while back. Some tOSU fan pointed out that Heacock is likely to retire rather than taken another DC job. So he's probably not a possibility.

Do I know that these guys are getting a look? No. But they are all DC candidates. And all will soon be looking for a new gig, most likely. That makes them more likely than most of the guesses I've seen on this board in the past week.