Do I really have to start the SWTOR topic?

At first when I heard other people's companions, I got freaked out.

You're in a guild already, i'm afraid of you....

I had two tanks in WoW, a warrior and a druid.

It's nothing serious. I quit WoW about a year ago but I've stayed in touch with a couple of the people and I'm gonna be in a guild with them. (I think it only has 13 people right now).

Someone explain this to me.

When I fire up Origin (EA's game manager service thing) there's an ad to pre-order for the 20th or something. Why would I preorder a downloaded version of the game? Do I get to play earlier or something? Is it cheaper?

If you pre-order you get to play the game "up to 7" days early. However, it's based on the date that you redeemed the pre-order code. So if you pre-order it now, you'll probably get to play at like... 7pm on the 19th. Then the servers will shut down at 10pm eastern anyway.

I ordered it on Nov 30 after I did the beta. I'm guessing I'll get to play it on the 18th or so. I think they opened pre-orders in August-ish.

At first when I heard other people's companions, I got freaked out.

You're in a guild already, i'm afraid of you....

I had two tanks in WoW, a warrior and a druid.

It's nothing serious. I quit WoW about a year ago but I've stayed in touch with a couple of the people and I'm gonna be in a guild with them. (I think it only has 13 people right now).

I quit WoW about 3 months after Cata came out, because it was complete and utter crap.

I'm not sure about my guild options, because I work crap hours (9p to 5a) so I'll have to play it by ear...

I mean, replying to a topic about a Star Wars game is +10 nerdiness. Making the topic is +15. I sacrifice way too much for you people.

Um, anyway... I'm going to play it. I play about one game a year and KOTOR I & II are in my top 5 so I have no choice. I'm probably going to play a chiss-something. Probably an Imperial Agent Operative Medic. (+5 for knowledge). Which means I also need to finally read the first Zahn Star Wars book because apparently the main bad guy is a Chiss (that has to be a +20).

Here's a D20. Do a geek check, please.

I mean, replying to a topic about a Star Wars game is +10 nerdiness. Making the topic is +15. I sacrifice way too much for you people.

Um, anyway... I'm going to play it. I play about one game a year and KOTOR I & II are in my top 5 so I have no choice. I'm probably going to play a chiss-something. Probably an Imperial Agent Operative Medic. (+5 for knowledge). Which means I also need to finally read the first Zahn Star Wars book because apparently the main bad guy is a Chiss (that has to be a +20).

the fact you said "D20"

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

the fact you said "D20"

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

Surely you can appreciate the delicious irony of using a Dungeons & Dragons reference to call someone a geek.

• Fire 1

Speaking from a few MMO's experience. The best way to do that would be to find out where some top guilds from other games are going to end up (and what faction) and all plan to head there...

You'll have to maybe deal with an influx of kids and social rejects, but those will be the most active servers, with the best grouping and pugs. It's a lot cheaper (considering old mmo's transfer costs) and easier to just go to one of the high pop servers at release.

Just some friendly unsolicited advice, from someone who has had to transfer a few characters with the arbitrary transfer rates applied by mmo designers to escape their own horrible servers... rather then face a much larger time investment to recreate a character. It also stops the whole "well crap I cant find so-and-so on, so I can't get anything done while I have playtime" from happening.