Do I really have to start the SWTOR topic?

I mean, replying to a topic about a Star Wars game is +10 nerdiness. Making the topic is +15. I sacrifice way too much for you people.

Um, anyway... I'm going to play it. I play about one game a year and KOTOR I & II are in my top 5 so I have no choice. I'm probably going to play a chiss-something. Probably an Imperial Agent Operative Medic. (+5 for knowledge). Which means I also need to finally read the first Zahn Star Wars book because apparently the main bad guy is a Chiss (that has to be a +20).

I wanted to like this, but considering what EA has been doing to BioWare lately (read: multiplayer and removing RPG mechanics in ME3, the whoring out/dumbing down of the Dragon Age franchise), I have little faith.

I have a beta invite that is going unused. I want to download it, but I don't want to deal with disappointment.

And frankly, I just don't want to take a break from Skyrim right now--that game is money.

• Fire 1

I've never been a fan of starwars games. Nor was I a fan of the new movies (and George Lucas doesn't deserve more of my money after those plus his re-imagining of the original movies). I didn't want to play for those reasons, but I also took a look at some gameplay footage a friend from my WoW playin days was trying to get my excited about and it just looked sooooo boring. Plus my old guild's website went offline a few months ago, but there only seemed like 2 people were even interested at all before it did. Certainly not enough interest to play for me as I only ever get sucked into mmorpgs by other people.

I'm really excited and anxious for TOR, but there's a lot of stuff I don't like about it. The biggest gripe I have is that this is 2011, yet people still feel content to make MMO visuals that look just like WoW - and it's not just the technical aspects of it, the art design and stylization are constantly more cartoonish than I feel is necessary - Half-Life 2 is still one of the greatest looking games I've ever played, and it's 7 years old, but the visuals have aged extremely well. A realistic looking TOR would have me so much more excited.

I wanted to like this, but considering what EA has been doing to BioWare lately (read: multiplayer and removing RPG mechanics in ME3, the whoring out/dumbing down of the Dragon Age franchise), I have little faith.

I have a beta invite that is going unused. I want to download it, but I don't want to deal with disappointment.

And frankly, I just don't want to take a break from Skyrim right now--that game is money.

I would happily take the invite off your hands. :)

I played the beta it was fun. there was a lot that I liked about it. About the only complaint I could find is the limiting of color crystals you could use based off your relationship to lightside vs darkside.

I'm sure thats something that'll be fixed over time. Did you have the trouble with hearing other peoples companions?

I also enjoyed the beta

Which class did you guys play the most? I was completely sucked into the sith warrior story line.

Let me know which server you guys play on. Depending on which side you guys play on, maybe we can run together some...

I'm sure thats something that'll be fixed over time. Did you have the trouble with hearing other peoples companions?

That's an issue for everyone I think. They put it in the patch notes somewhere. I didn't know what was going on until I read that.

Which class did you guys play the most? I was completely sucked into the sith warrior story line.

Let me know which server you guys play on. Depending on which side you guys play on, maybe we can run together some...

I played Sith Warrior Juggernaut. The spells were almost exactly like the ones in Wow (Smash even slows mobs' attack time when it's talented, just like thunderclap), and since I played mostly warrior tank in Wow I decided I'm not going to do that in SW. The agent medic/smuggler sawbones looks like fun healing to me.

I'm not sure how it works but I heard if you signed up for a guild before launch that they just put the guild into a random server, so whatever my guild ends up in is where I'll be.

That's an issue for everyone I think. They put it in the patch notes somewhere. I didn't know what was going on until I read that.

I played Sith Warrior Juggernaut. The spells were almost exactly like the ones in Wow (Smash even slows mobs' attack time when it's talented, just like thunderclap), and since I played mostly warrior tank in Wow I decided I'm not going to do that in SW. The agent medic/smuggler sawbones looks like fun healing to me.

I'm not sure how it works but I heard if you signed up for a guild before launch that they just put the guild into a random server, so whatever my guild ends up in is where I'll be.

At first when I heard other people's companions, I got freaked out.

You're in a guild already, i'm afraid of you....

I had two tanks in WoW, a warrior and a druid.