Offensive Line

BIG ERN

LT - T Moore, Sirles

RT- Sirles, ??

LG - Choi, AROD (hopefully in that order)

C - Pensick ,Reeves

RG - Long, Cotton

RT - Sirles, Qvale, Moudy

Moudy is a name that has been non-existent since he signed with us. What is up with him?

Qvale is a guy I had high hopes on. Injuries and lack of development from what I hear,

Hopefully Cotton recovers from his injury and comes back strong.

A lot of talent I think. Player development is questionable with Barney. Garrison being on staff fulltime has really helped. Maybe next year will be even better. I'd love to see Barney get a lateral move in the athletic department and open up another coaching position. My gut feeling is that he is hindering the progress of the line. Seeing how the Husker line has played these last 4 years combined with the few times I heard him speak in person make me think we can do much better.

That must be our HEAVY formation. lol at your silly typo. You'd never cut it as a secretary. :lol:

Yea. A bad cut and paste job to be truthful. I edited my post.

We've all been ere. th

• Fire 2

Long will be #1 at center. Reeves has been hurt and it's set him back. Klatch has hit a wall and isn't picking up the calls very well. Garrison is working with him but it's taken longer than expected.

Long at center? If he has the footwork to do it that would be great! Need to have experience at that spot and that would give us a pretty experienced lineup. And if Klatcho has trouble making checks then maybe slide him to guard

Moore, Sirles, Sterup

Choi,Thompson,Klatcho

Long, Pensick, Reeves, Pelini

Arod,Cotton

Sirles,Qvale,Moudy

This...if my memory is correct ....is pretty close to what the coaches have on paper. I'll have to check my email at the office but it looks about right for spring.

Long will be #1 at center. Reeves has been hurt and it's set him back. Klatch has hit a wall and isn't picking up the calls very well. Garrison is working with him but it's taken longer than expected.

Long at center? If he has the footwork to do it that would be great! Need to have experience at that spot and that would give us a pretty experienced lineup. And if Klatcho has trouble making checks then maybe slide him to guard

Moore, Sirles, Sterup

Choi,Thompson,Klatcho

Long, Pensick, Reeves, Pelini

Arod,Cotton

Sirles,Qvale,Moudy

Replacing Caputo is the least of my worries. The most important position on the offensive line, in most situations, is the left tackle. He protects the blind side of the quarterback. I'm more worried about who's going to step up there. We have guys who have seen a lot of PT, though.

As I've said numerous times before, this line has way too much talent (and experience) to not be consistently above average over the next two years (specifically two years from now). And, as I've said before, if the 2013 line isn't one of the Top 15 in the country, it's time for Cotton to go. Given no crazy circumstances, we will be loaded with seniors and guys with tons of experience. There will be absolutely no excuses for poor play.

Replacing Caputo is the least of my worries. The most important position on the offensive line, in most situations, is the left tackle. He protects the blind side of the quarterback. I'm more worried about who's going to step up there. We have guys who have seen a lot of PT, though.

As I've said numerous times before, this line has way too much talent (and experience) to not be consistently above average over the next two years (specifically two years from now). And, as I've said before, if the 2013 line isn't one of the Top 15 in the country, it's time for Cotton to go. Given no crazy circumstances, we will be loaded with seniors and guys with tons of experience. There will be absolutely no excuses for poor play.

I think that's fair enough.

Two years ago we had a decent/good OLine recuiting year and last year's was terrific. It should start paying off soon.......as you say, especially in about two years (although it will help next year too).

Losing a center always hurts. In 2006, TO might very well have pulled off a 4 peat had it not been for trying to fill the gap left when Aaron Graham graduated. The Arizona State game that year was horrible. I think we can plug and play at the rest of the OL positions, but replacing the center could prove to be a bit more challenging.

Didn't we play Aaron Taylor at center that year? He was 1st team All American center in 1996. But I can't remember when we moved him over from OG. It might have been after teh Ariz St debacle.

Taylor was the center during the Arizona State game, and he looked like a duck out of water. He's the one that snapped the ball completely past Frost's head when Frost was looking toward the sideline checking down. The result of the play was a safety. Taylor only played one year at center. His senior year, he was moved back to his natural position (guard) and Josh Heskew became the starting center (1997). In 1996, the rushing average was only 291.9 yards per game which was good but low for the NC run. Even TO said moving Taylor to center contributed to the rushing problems in 1996. "Moving Taylor away from his natural position contributed to the problems, Osborne said, but it was the only option at the time."