Is Mike'l Severe feeling ok? Burkhead vs. Ball

I think everyone is forgetting that Wiskey has the better quarterback and makes defenses respect the passing game. Therefore, defenses stacked the line in every game this year which makes yards hard to come by. That to me would be the main reason for Burkheads "lesser" stats. Give us Wilson and it would be a whole different ball game.

I think everyone is forgetting that Wiskey has the better quarterback and makes defenses respect the passing game. Therefore, defenses stacked the line in every game this year which makes yards hard to come by. That to me would be the main reason for Burkheads "lesser" stats. Give us Wilson and it would be a whole different ball game.

Wisconsin has a better quarterback, better offensive line and a more experienced receiving corp. I don't think there's any doubt that Burkhead would probably have better numbers given these three facts.

That said, when I look at Ball and Burkhead, I still think Ball is the better athlete of the two. Burkhead has everything a great running back needs (ball control, good vision, falls forward, good in pass pro, etc.), but lacks speed. Reverse these players teams, and I think Burkhead has a better year and Ball a worse year, but I still don't think Burkhead would hit Ball's numbers.

Even with Wilson and a better O-Line I still don't think Burkhead would close the almost 20 TD defecit. Just my opinion but I don't think the talent gap is THAT large between NU and UW in those areas.

I liked Wilson this year and he was great with the scrambling and what not but the passing often went to sh#t when he got flustered. Tolzien kept his cool better.

I think Ball is a better running back, but I would say Rex is a better football player.

In other words Ball is a heisman type and Rex is a MVP type.

So pick your poison. You need both kinds on your team. Wilson was their MVP while Tmart is probably our heisman type.

I could agree with that. I see what you're saying even but Ball is a versatile back...I mean 255 yards receiving and 6 TD's ain't bad (also more than Rex). Hell he even through for a TD and a couple big gains.

Wow. You guys are still arguing about this.

Badger is, understandably loyal to Montee Ball. Husker fans are, understandably, loyal to Rex Burkhead.

I could easily see this conversation lasting another month. Loyalty is a strong motivator.

HENRY JOSEY!!!

I just wanted to be apart of this and I saw my 'in'

although I am pretty late to the party. Like the guy who wants to make the cool entrance only to bop throught the front door to find the guy who threw the party is the only one still there and he is cleaning up.....

Anywho, couple points i will drop on the table. Yes stats can be misleading. But neither of these guys fail the eyeball test. Ball is a stud. Complete back with power and speed. Little shifty and has good feet and hands. Same for Burk. I think Ball is better. Its not night and day better, but he is clearly better to me that burkhead. Its just the way I see it. Burkhead is a steady, strong runner who can make you miss and is a good football player. But I dont see him as the game changer ball is and can be. How good they comes from what they do and can do. Stats are nice but not the whole deal.