Huskers on the "Mentalist"

dergibog

Anyone watch Dexter? Dexter was in Nebraska a few weeks ago.

I thought that was pretty hilarious. It was obvious the writers randomly picked a location in the midwest that would be good for a witness protection hideout. The "Kearney, NE" they actually showed in the episode bore no resemblance whatsoever to the real place. At least they pronounced it right in the dialogue.

Or the episode of South Park when the showed A Husker game on the tv and it was tied something like 10-10 and the cut away from the tv and then showed it a minute later and it was 84-10 Huskers.

Lots of Nebraska references over the years on South Park. The guys behind that show are from Colorado, so no big surprise. One of the characters in their movie "Team America: World Police" was a former Nebraska QB.

There was also a King of the Hill episode where Hank takes Bobby to a Texas football game - and they were playing Nebraska.

Actually, the brother of a buddy of mine (I know, I know) from Holdrege is actually the "animation and technical supervisor" for South Park...so he may have something to do with it...he's been there since the beginning. Ryan Quincy is his name. I used to hang out with his brother, David, all the time in high school. So, I guess, I'm kinda famous...right?

On that King of the Hill with the NU vs UT Big XII title game, Hank and the guys have to sneek in because Dale bought scapled tickets that were counterfit. The tickets said "Texas vs. Nebraski". As mentioned above (unlike most of the recent real games against Texas*) at least on King of the Hill, we won that one.

* of course I still, and always will claim the 2009 Big XII title. I don't count any scores that occured during the 61st minute of the game.

I thought that was pretty hilarious. It was obvious the writers randomly picked a location in the midwest that would be good for a witness protection hideout. The "Kearney, NE" they actually showed in the episode bore no resemblance whatsoever to the real place. At least they pronounced it right in the dialogue.
Or the episode of South Park when the showed A Husker game on the tv and it was tied something like 10-10 and the cut away from the tv and then showed it a minute later and it was 84-10 Huskers.
Lots of Nebraska references over the years on South Park. The guys behind that show are from Colorado, so no big surprise. One of the characters in their movie "Team America: World Police" was a former Nebraska QB. There was also a King of the Hill episode where Hank takes Bobby to a Texas football game - and they were playing Nebraska.
Actually, the brother of a buddy of mine (I know, I know) from Holdrege is actually the "animation and technical supervisor" for South Park...so he may have something to do with it...he's been there since the beginning. Ryan Quincy is his name. I used to hang out with his brother, David, all the time in high school. So, I guess, I'm kinda famous...right?

You had me at "Holdrege"

When I lived in Lincoln, my best friend played his Bruce Springsteen NEBRASKA album.

(I was just telling my Son about this album last weekend)

C_Springsteen.jpg

Lots of Nebraska references over the years on South Park. The guys behind that show are from Colorado, so no big surprise. One of the characters in their movie "Team America: World Police" was a former Nebraska QB. There was also a King of the Hill episode where Hank takes Bobby to a Texas football game - and they were playing Nebraska.

You had me at "Holdrege"

When I lived in Lincoln, my best friend played his Bruce Springsteen NEBRASKA album.

(I was just telling my Son about this album last weekend)

C_Springsteen.jpg

Ah, yes...Holdrege...I will forever be proud of being born and raised a Duster!

:rollin

I forgot you guys are the dusters! Gets me every time.

haha...Oh wait, HEY! Very TOUGH Dusters...you know, they are almost as big as tornadoes...and we all know the destructive power a tornado can have. Also, if our name isn't tough enough for you, at least we had an intimidating jersey color scheme...Purple AND Gold! So, in your face!

:rollin

I forgot you guys are the dusters! Gets me every time.

haha...Oh wait, HEY! Very TOUGH Dusters...you know, they are almost as big as tornadoes...and we all know the destructive power a tornado can have. Also, if our name isn't tough enough for you, at least we had an intimidating jersey color scheme...Purple AND Gold! So, in your face!

I dressed up as a pimp one time for our state playoff game and accidentally wore your colors!!! Hahaha

• Fire 1