Tebow's Broncos.

redblooded

I hate that Tebow is getting credit for the win yesterday. Marion Barber deserves more credit for the Broncos win than Tebow - Barber and the entire Bears DEF, who suddenly decided to stop blanket covering his WRs, allowing easy completions where before Tebow couldn't find his targets to save his life.

The Bears played the last five minutes of that game VERY differently than they played the first 55. The worst part about it is the ongoing tonguing the press is giving to Tebow as a result. Shameful, Bears.

Agreed

I guess Tebow kicked a 51 and 59 yard field goal, forced Marion Barber out of bounds and Tebow caused Barber to fumble the ball in OT.

But what I don't understand is the constant hate from the media.
Are you kidding me?! The media has been incessantly fawning over this guy for years.

No, pretty sure I was completely serious. I'm assuming you aren't a fan, and haven't seen nearly as many comments from the media as I have. 'Tebow can't do this, Tebow can't do that, Tebow will never be successful, Tebow can't throw a pass, Tebow can't run in the league', blah blah blah! Clearly he can get it done. And fine, for the sake of the argument, let's change 'media' to the rest of society outside of Broncos and Gators fans.

I hate that Tebow is getting credit for the win yesterday. Marion Barber deserves more credit for the Broncos win than Tebow - Barber and the entire Bears DEF, who suddenly decided to stop blanket covering his WRs, allowing easy completions where before Tebow couldn't find his targets to save his life. The Bears played the last five minutes of that game VERY differently than they played the first 55. The worst part about it is the ongoing tonguing the press is giving to Tebow as a result. Shameful, Bears.
Agreed I guess Tebow kicked a 51 and 59 yard field goal, forced Marion Barber out of bounds and Tebow caused Barber to fumble the ball in OT.

Now THIS is where the media makes Tim and all the fans look bad. All of the fans know it isn't just Tebow. The team knows that it's definitely not just their young, inexperience QB. And Tim is the first to say it was the team, not him. Stuff like that is on the media entirely.

<----- Yes. Tim Tebow has arrived.

But no, realistically. I was born in Denver and now live in Nebraska, the Broncos have been my team every second of my life. I'm clearly biased, but I'd ask that you have any open mind about what I'm trying to say. I'm the first of the fans (sorry, not like the sunshine pumpers around here :sarcasm ) to say he plays like absolute s**t.... until the last 5 minutes. You can't deny that at some point in those last few minutes, a flip switches. Something happens. Sure, it's ugly, but can you really argue with a 7-1 record as a starter? It's unconventional, totally doomed to fail at some point... and I love it.

But what I don't understand is the constant hate from the media. Sure, he goes a little overboard in interviews with the God bit. Sure, he's one of those people that I totally understand would be fun to hate. But what has the kid ever done? Played for Florida? Sorry, I hope you know a lot of people probably said that to former Husker players in the late 1990s. I was talking to a relative of mine, and he made a good point. I mean, what does the kid have to do to earn some respect? Does he have to beat up his girlfriend, or maybe start some illegal dog fights? I mean, that's what all the cool, popular NFL players do these days, right? :ahhhhhhhh

I don't know what coverage you're watching, but everything I'm seeing/hearing/reading is heaping praise on the guy. There were a dozen headlines I ran into about "Tebow wins the game" against the Bears. Tebow didn't win jack - the Bears lost. Tebow, at one point, had 15 straight incompletions in that game. If he was even a remotely competent QB they wouldn't have needed last-second heroics by his WRs making ridiculous catches, his kicker kicking two 50+ yard field goals, and his defense forcing Barber out of bounds and stripping the ball. The ONLY reason they needed that comeback was Tebow's ineptness as a QB.

You can talk about all the completions he had at the end of the game, and those are legit - to an extent. The Bears VERY MUCH changed their defense in the secondary, playing the ever-popular Prevent Defense the last five minutes of the game, despite the fact that their normal scheme had worked quite well the previous 55 minutes of the game.

I got nothing against Tebow. He's not the guy writing the headlines, or gushing over himself on the radio or TV. My angst is reserved for the press, the people who manufacture stories.

While I agree that too much of the credit goes to Teebow for winning, it also usually works that way for a QB of a losing team. The QB takes the majority of the responsibility. He's the flavor of the moment right now, and that won't last forever. For myself, I like seeing something in the headlines thats "good" as opposed to all the other crap that continually goes on.

Another question I have. How come everyone is so quick to jump to Taylor Martinez's defense in regards to receivers dropping balls? Teebow had five passes dropped in the first three quarters, say two or three of those are caught, how much does it change the game. And those fourth quarter catches, I saw a couple that were good catchs, but certainly not spectacular. Funny how the "quality" of the catches changes depending on who'se throwing the pass.

While I agree that too much of the credit goes to Teebow for winning, it also usually works that way for a QB of a losing team. The QB takes the majority of the responsibility. He's the flavor of the moment right now, and that won't last forever. For myself, I like seeing something in the headlines thats "good" as opposed to all the other crap that continually goes on.

Another question I have. How come everyone is so quick to jump to Taylor Martinez's defense in regards to receivers dropping balls? Teebow had five passes dropped in the first three quarters, say two or three of those are caught, how much does it change the game. And those fourth quarter catches, I saw a couple that were good catchs, but certainly not spectacular. Funny how the "quality" of the catches changes depending on who'se throwing the pass.

On this site? I'm guessing because it's a Husker site.

I agree that Tebow's WRs didn't help him at all. One got behind the defense and let a sure TD bounce off his fingers. Gotta catch that ball.

One thing is for sure, it's must watch TV and the NFL is loving every minute of it. I'd guess right now the Broncos are pulling as good or better ratings from the average fan then the undefeated Packers and at this point in the season that is quite an accomplishment. When I go to work on Monday, the talk with the coworkers always seems to be Tebow and the Broncos. No doubt there will be more tomorrow.

As a Packers fan I'll say I'd almost have rather watched the last few minutes of Tebow's game than the Packers' rout. I mean watching the Packers is getting to be like how I'd imagine putting a ferrari on a treadmill would be...its beautiful but just kind of boring.....

Weird... I enjoyed every snap of Nebraska's run in the 90's.

I'm tired of people saying he didn't win it. It's always someone else who did it. Sorry, 7-1 isn't always someone else. He's the QB. Say what you want about it being a team game, that's the most important position on the team. The press he got in college annoyed the crap out of me but it wasn't his fault and I'm cheering for him.

I agree. I am not sure where all of the hate is coming from now when the press couldn't get enough of him in college.

I'm tired of people saying he didn't win it. It's always someone else who did it. Sorry, 7-1 isn't always someone else. He's the QB. Say what you want about it being a team game, that's the most important position on the team. The press he got in college annoyed the crap out of me but it wasn't his fault and I'm cheering for him.

I agree. I am not sure where all of the hate is coming from now when the press couldn't get enough of him in college.

The press is a lot easier on college kids than someone who works at a professional job.

Damn Tebow does it again and had another 4th quarter comeback against the Pats. The man is a freak and unstoppable.......long live Tebow and Tebowing!!!

Really? and calling me a bandwagoner. I had to get off the Tebow hating bandwagon to even start this thread. Also I'm pretty sure Tebowing was started to mock him, he just embraced it and turned it around.

I mean I get it, he's not for everyone... but the dude does undeniably find ways to lead his team to wins. Even with every NFL talking head basically saying he'll never even sniff a starting qb position for 2 years. Then wanting him out there after the starter in front of him failed so maybe they'd get lucky in the Andrew Luck lottery and could get rid of him at the same time.

I'm inclined to agree with Osborne's take on it, rather then the "one loss proves everything he's done so far invalid" argument. You'll have some years to watch this dude and mull it over. I was even someone who was rooting for him to turn into a 4th string tight end so I wouldn't have to hear about him over and over. But watching the NFL talking heads shrugging their shoulders wondering why the hell he wins is way way better, because the NFL isn't good football. It's like watching the same team play pretty much the exact same way, the only difference being the physical abilities of the "stars." Boring ass football with way too many commercials and excitement (and momentum) killing timeouts.

Prime example of why people are sick of the Tebow Phenomenon. It's not about Tebow, it's about how the press covers him. "Tim Tebow" is a media-created effigy which bears little resemblance to the actual player.

When the Broncos win on the strength of their kicker booting impossible field goals and the RBs pounding tough yards between the tackles all day and the defense playing lights-out for three quarters, it's all about Tebow. But when these players don't provide that cushion for Tebow....

Costly stretch leaves Tebow unable to orchestrate more magic

DENVER -- Here's the thing the Denver Broncos learned about magic Sunday afternoon at Sports Authority Field: It just doesn't work as well in a three-score game.

You can't blame this one on Tim Tebow. He wasn't the reason the red-hot Broncos finally fell to earth here in their eagerly anticipated and much ballyhooed showdown with Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

This is just dishonest reporting. Tebow had as much to do with this loss as he had to do with previous wins. But for some reason they refuse to give him blame, only credit.