Some Tidbits to Chew On...

First, I'm super bored lately. Getting sick of hearing all these rumors of big news coming and hearing none. So I figured I'd pass on some knowledge to whoever is out there as bored as myself.

Sipple from the LJS is tweeted a quote from Coach Brown:

"Rumor patrol: The one about Ron Brown retiring...'Dispel those rumors, man,' Brown just said as he got on a plane (recruiting). 'Not true.' "

Take it for what you will, but hopefully Brown really is coming back. He's one of my favorite coaches and just such a great personality to have on our sidelines.

Secondly, multiple places are reporting the tOSU has hired Everett Whithers from UNC to be the Co-DC with Fickell, and saying that Stoops shot their offer down because he didn't like the Co-DC title. Hopefully that slams the doors closed on the Ohio State possibility. Now, Iowa or Nebraska... Well Bo if there was ever a time to sh*t or get off the pot...

If what you're saying about Stoops is true, that should shoot down any idea of him returning to OU since chances are he'd be Co-DC with Venables

I don't think anyone was thinking he'd go back to OU as the Co-DC. I think the speculation is that Venables will move on to a head gig and Stoops may come back to be the DC in place of Venables.

He'd be a co-dc here too. He's going to get that offer at almost every school that's going to be able to pay him more than the average bear. Thoughts are he's at best a two year coach but most likely a one season stop. He's indicated he'd like to be a head coach again as soon as possible. Iowa might be the only spot he'd be DC by himself.

He'd be a co-dc here too. He's going to get that offer at almost every school that's going to be able to pay him more than the average bear. Thoughts are he's at best a two year coach but most likely a one season stop. He's indicated he'd like to be a head coach again as soon as possible. Iowa might be the only spot he'd be DC by himself.

Why is that? We have zero DCs now...what would make him a Co-DC at Nebraska? Or are you just saying that Bo is hands-on enough with the D that Stoops wouldn't have complete and 100% control so that would make him Co? Sharing some responsibilities with the Head Coach isn't quite the same as having the title of Co-DC.

Yes, as Ferentz would likely be covering the off-season workout regimen................

Why is that? We have zero DCs now...what would make him a Co-DC at Nebraska? Or are you just saying that Bo is hands-on enough with the D that Stoops wouldn't have complete and 100% control so that would make him Co? Sharing some responsibilities with the Head Coach isn't quite the same as having the title of Co-DC.

No. Like as in he'll be sharing duties with JP.

I know you know a lot more about this than I do and I can only guess that you're eluding to something you know. But why would we structure it to have JP and Stoops on the same level as Co-DC's? Seems very out of balance to me. Or is the plan to, knowing Stoops will only be around for a year or two, have him mentor JP in the role so that when Stoops leaves, JP is in place to handle it by himself?

I know you know a lot more about this than I do and I can only guess that you're eluding to something you know. But why would we structure it to have JP and Stoops on the same level as Co-DC's? Seems very out of balance to me. Or is the plan to, knowing Stoops will only be around for a year or two, have him mentor JP in the role so that when Stoops leaves, JP is in place to handle it by himself?

You sir, answer your own questions a lot....

What do you mean by this? Or are you saying that I ask a question and then fill in the hypothetical answer on my own and sometimes it happens to be the right answer? :D

I have a feeling he's a reporter.

^ great - let's stretch JP a little thinner :facepalm:

Of course it makes no sense to give duties to someone else but rather just keep giving more and more to one guy. JP started with Bo as and S & C coach. Most people don't know it but JP actually runs the conditioning program too and sets all the goals for the players S&C wise. Dobs is just for show. I won't even go into how he actually plans all the meals for the nutrition program either. :sarcasm

Have you never received a promotion in your life? I've had several and very rarely did I keep my old duties when I received new ones.

I have a feeling he's a reporter.

HAHAHA....I can assure you this is not the case!!! Not sure whether to take that as an insult or a compliment...but, definitely not a reporter either way.

I just find it easier to get information from people "in the know" when I can throw out a hypothetical and you can answer with something like "this" or "you're wrong" than if I ask you to give me all the details on your own. It's kind of one of those, "say nothing if I am right" tactics and then when the person on the other end of the phone is silent, you know you're onto something. But they don't technically have to tell you anything.

I guess that's kind of a reporter strategy now that you mention it. But I thought it was more common sense when dealing with guys that are in the know.

^ great - let's stretch JP a little thinner :facepalm:

Of course it makes no sense to give duties to someone else but rather just keep giving more and more to one guy. JP started with Bo as and S & C coach. Most people don't know it but JP actually runs the conditioning program too and sets all the goals for the players S&C wise. Dobs is just for show. I won't even go into how he actually plans all the meals for the nutrition program either. :sarcasm

Have you never received a promotion in your life? I've had several and very rarely did I keep my old duties when I received new ones.

I think Bo would bring in a D-line coach in this case so JP wouldn't be as stretched. Or maybe he wouldn't be doing a lot as CO-DC and Bo would wait until Mike moves on and fully elevate JP and bring in a D-Line coach.