McDermott rolled a Smart car, walked home

knapplc

In what may be the most bizarre of the weekend's Husker police blotter episodes, walk-on Junior fullback Colin McDermott rolled a car and walked away from it.

NU's McDermott cited by police after accident

LINCOLN — Nebraska walk-on football player Colin McDermott was cited on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident and negligent driving after police say he lost control of a two-door Smart ForTwo minicar early Sunday morning.

According to an accident report, McDermott, 21, told police that he drove over a patch of ice and failed to navigate a curve around 2:10 a.m. Sunday on Rosa Parks Way, just west of downtown Lincoln. The vehicle may have flipped twice before coming to a complete stop about 60 feet north of the street, the report said.

McDermott walked home, according to the report. Police contacted him Sunday night. He complained of slight neck pain, but there were no other injuries reported. The 2009 Smart car was totaled, according to the report.

McDermott is 6'2" and 250lbs. I'm surprised he could fit into the thing. And rolling it? I'm shocked he walked away from that. Those things look like they're about as sturdy as a go-cart.

Good for him. When I hear about a smart car being destroyed, I feel all warm inside.

Now, I'm just speculating - cause this be a message board and all - but maybe the dude had a concussion after being tossed around in that tin can.

Folks do weird things after concussions... and walking home and not calling the police sounds about right.

• Fire 2

The worst part was that he was actually sitting at a stop light not even moving when this happened. He leaned over to get something off the floor of the passenger side and the car rolled...twice.

Read this a thought "yeah, that's going to be the funniest post in this thread".

We have one...Its taught by the starting setter of the volleyball team.

Then I read this.

Good for him. When I hear about a smart car being destroyed, I feel all warm inside.

Now, I'm just speculating - cause this be a message board and all - but maybe the dude had a concussion after being tossed around in that tin can.

Folks do weird things after concussions... and walking home and not calling the police sounds about right.

I'm going to go out on a limb here... Think he may have been drinking and fled the scene so he didn't get a DUI? I think I just hit the nail on the head.

• Fire 2

I'm going to go out on a limb here... Think he may have been drinking and fled the scene so he didn't get a DUI? I think I just hit the nail on the head.

And what do YOU know about drinking Mr., uh, Wild Turkey. ... Oh. Nevermind.