Nebraska one more time

What skersfan???? Say what you want about Callahan, but don't ever talk sh#t about his recruiting classes! The only reason BO played in big 12 championship games is because of Bill Callahans recruits(THE ONLY REASON)! This year BO was on his own, and the defense impressed nobody.

Um....Burkhead, Martinez, Abdullah, Bell, David, Rome, Turner, Enuwa and the rest of the young bunch excluding David say Hi! They are all Bo's recruits and they all are impressive athletes and I bet they all improve and get better.

I noticed at the top of thread that some were refering to the big 12 title game against texas as BP being real close to taking us to the next level. Hmm.......does anyone here see the correlation between N. Suh(callahan recruit) and BP's defenses(which seem to be getting worse). Sorry, but its a fact, check the stats. Bo is out of BC recruits. It took Tom Osborne 23yrs to win a NC, but he played for the conference title every year! Thats the difference between TO and BP! Tom was always in the top 10.

Getting worse eh? In 2010....we didn't have a big drop off in overall defense sir. = ). Now this year, there was an evident drop-off in overall defense....think about Carl making a lot of the play calls on defense and also losing 3 NFL caliber Dbacks......this was more of a rebuilding year on the defense.

This is to Z-rod and all who believe like him, ARE YOU NUTS!!!! Its middle of december, and we have 8(count them, 8 commmitments). Check out what the real college football programs have for commits. For all the people who think stoops is coming here, its NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! BP is not gonna hire anyone who is gonna question anything he says. BO is a dictator, our coaching staff will be filled with unknowns because BO's ego will not put up with anybody who will question his authority. His bro is gone, and the first guy he hires is maybe the best DB's coach NU has had in years who was forced out by BP(Marvin Sanders)? BO will never hire a name guy because he never wants to be questioned by anybody(including his own brother). If you were a top high school recruit, would you play for Pelini? I think that question is being answered as we speak, NO! We might be the 5th or 6th best team in the big 10 next year, and thats a maybe.

Agenda much?.............

Callahan could recruit, he could not develop and his team quit on him. Bo had to change many things to get the kids to buy in. Now, years later I see why he was needed. Firm, honorable, dedicated.

Tom had years of not finishing in the top ten, but he was part of the system and had been for awhile. He knew exactly what he was getting. Not dumped in a mess with absolutely no experience to do the job. Bo was put in a no win situation, Tom was expected to win NC the day he started.

I do not compare Bo to Tom, Tom is a superior coach, but he had a tremendous advantage on Bo. No way to compare them yet.

heres an interesting fact i uncovered... only ONE team wins the mnc every year. that means every year, there are 119 teams with disappointing seasons! furthermore, in the past 100 years, there have only been 100 national championship teams! nebraska only owns 5 of those!

i blame recruiting...

Let's not get crazy, here!

Let me begin this by saying I hate the Ducks. That said, Oregon's strength is running up the middle. Our weakness is defense up the middle. I'm sure the Kool-Aid drinkings will disagree, but Oregon is 3 touchdowns better than DONU in Lincoln and 5 better at Autzen. Our boys are not in their class. Not even close. Their last three bowls: Rose, National Title Game, Rose. Their losses this season: LSU and USC. They don't lose to the Northwesterns of the world. They beat those types of teams by 40.

I love the Huskers as much as anybody on the board and have for 30+ years. Our team has lots of problems. Our team lacks in player quality, coaching quality, player execution, etc. All of which have been documented before. I would love to hire a big time, big name defensive coordinator. That kind of guy in a player's living room delivers good players. DONU will not hire Stoops or Zook because they don't want to pay an assistant that kind of money. Bo may even be a little gun shy about hiring a guy with head coaching experience. I'm still holding out hope. Promoting somebody from the current staff will not help in the delivery of good recruits.

Our team needs a couple of years of really good recruiting as well. I've often read on these boards that Osborne didn't have highly regarded classes. Osborne had a system and plugged the right players into it. He was a Hall of Fame coach and he knew what he was looking for. He had a terrific staff too. He also had advantages that are gone today: Partial qualifiers and unlimited walk-ons. What isn't mentioned is these recruiting services are a lot better at evaluating talent than they used to be. Our last four classes haven't been highly regarded and it showed on the field. Our team lacks the talented athletes they had during Callahan's era. It hurts to say it, but the poster above who said it is correct.

The biggest difference between fans who are overly critical of their team and fans who are complete homers is that the critical fan is generally more knowledgable. The homer is lead by complete and total blind faith. The overly critical is lead by overanalyzing facts.

More "knowledgeable"? Hahahaha....any gerbil can be a be a Debbie Downer. Dime a dozen.

• Fire 1

Let me begin this by saying I hate the Ducks. That said, Oregon's strength is running up the middle. Our weakness is defense up the middle. I'm sure the Kool-Aid drinkings will disagree, but Oregon is 3 touchdowns better than DONU in Lincoln and 5 better at Autzen. Our boys are not in their class. Not even close. Their last three bowls: Rose, National Title Game, Rose. Their losses this season: LSU and USC. They don't lose to the Northwesterns of the world. They beat those types of teams by 40.

I love the Huskers as much as anybody on the board and have for 30+ years. Our team has lots of problems. Our team lacks in player quality, coaching quality, player execution, etc. All of which have been documented before. I would love to hire a big time, big name defensive coordinator. That kind of guy in a player's living room delivers good players. DONU will not hire Stoops or Zook because they don't want to pay an assistant that kind of money. Bo may even be a little gun shy about hiring a guy with head coaching experience. I'm still holding out hope. Promoting somebody from the current staff will not help in the delivery of good recruits.

Our team needs a couple of years of really good recruiting as well. I've often read on these boards that Osborne didn't have highly regarded classes. Osborne had a system and plugged the right players into it. He was a Hall of Fame coach and he knew what he was looking for. He had a terrific staff too. He also had advantages that are gone today: Partial qualifiers and unlimited walk-ons. What isn't mentioned is these recruiting services are a lot better at evaluating talent than they used to be. Our last four classes haven't been highly regarded and it showed on the field. Our team lacks the talented athletes they had during Callahan's era. It hurts to say it, but the poster above who said it is correct.

BS.

Last year's class was simply terrific.

On offense is simply lacking for one word. Identity or if you prefer system. Year 4 and 4 different looks. Until we truly find what works (Beck's first year as OC), we will have up and down games. It is hard to look at Bo's recruits as busts. Those recruited for offense the past few years were recruited for a style of O we do not run now. We need to truly identify what we are/want to become and do it. Get rid of the crap.

Defensively, we recruited the past years to beat the teams that ran the spread. This year those same players were asked to step in and stop the B1G offenses which, to my surprise, appeared at times stronger, bigger and faster. To get us "bigger" we got slower. Look at Cam this year. He looked overweight and S L O W. we are now basically playing, to some degree, round guys in square peg guy positions.

I am still worried our current class is so mall, that "committed" guys are still making visits to other schools and that we have lost some. Naming a DC and staff changes would help tremendously IMO. No kid wants to come here thinking he is playing for Jimmy and actually plays for unknown Joe.

The biggest difference between fans who are overly critical of their team and fans who are complete homers is that the critical fan is generally more knowledgable. The homer is lead by complete and total blind faith. The overly critical is lead by overanalyzing facts.

More "knowledgeable"? Hahahaha....any gerbil can be a be a Debbie Downer. Dime a dozen.

Spoken like a true homer.

On offense is simply lacking for one word. Identity or if you prefer system. Year 4 and 4 different looks. Until we truly find what works (Beck's first year as OC), we will have up and down games. It is hard to look at Bo's recruits as busts. Those recruited for offense the past few years were recruited for a style of O we do not run now. We need to truly identify what we are/want to become and do it. Get rid of the crap.

Defensively, we recruited the past years to beat the teams that ran the spread. This year those same players were asked to step in and stop the B1G offenses which, to my surprise, appeared at times stronger, bigger and faster. To get us "bigger" we got slower. Look at Cam this year. He looked overweight and S L O W. we are now basically playing, to some degree, round guys in square peg guy positions.

I am still worried our current class is so mall, that "committed" guys are still making visits to other schools and that we have lost some. Naming a DC and staff changes would help tremendously IMO. No kid wants to come here thinking he is playing for Jimmy and actually plays for unknown Joe.

It's very worrisome to me that even with a small class we are having a hard time holding onto kids we thought were locked up. It's a reflection of what these recruits feel (or don't feel) about our staff & program.

It's hard to judge this class and our coaches by the success or perceived lack of success of this new class. We'll have to wait and see how it shakes out before we'll know. If committed players decide at the last minute to change directions it won't be the first time that has happened to a team. I hope the last 8 or 9 players that eventually sign LOI's are the players that we need. We have to find a few "bell cows" on defense.