Nebraska one more time

Compare us to LSU, Bama, OKST, etc. We're not really anywhere close to those teams. We have a ways to go.

Fixed it for you.

You're totally right. We rightfully belong with Oregon, Oklahoma, Stanford and Wisconsin. It's not like Oregon won their conference, Stanford and Oklahoma are still good football teams despite their losses, and we've already found out how we'd fare against the Badgers. I like my original post better.

;)

Lyle Bremser!!!!!

And then we have the sunshine pumpers that every year we will win all our games, win the conference, win the big 10 and that we have the greatest coaches, the best recruiters and the best recruits, and yet we never win a CCG, very seldom beat a top 15 team, well lets see, 13 years, at one time compared to Duke for our wins against top teams.

Sorry reality speaks, you need to learn to listen.

13 years which included some of the darkest in the programs history. I'll take that every 40-50 years if it means we win at least 5 National Championship throughout every half a century.

Not sure if anyone has said we have the greatest coaches as of late and many have been critical of recruiting. But if you can't see that we are on the cusp of being nationally relevant and in the hunt for a Championship year in and year out then you must be blind. If this season has shown you one thing it's that this program and its players are adapting and willing to learn. If you're really honest with yourself how could you judge this year negatively? You may claim excuses and sunshine pumping but the facts are that every game aside from Washington was a brand new team to prepare for, the majority of the coaching staff was in a new position or new to the program, much of starting line up was green, and there was visible improvement from start to finish.

I'll make a not so bold prediction. If by the time the current true freshman graduate we don't have a conference championship Bo will be gone. With the raw talent these guys have shown there is no reason that we couldn't win one in the next 3 or 4 years. Hell if we stayed in the Big IIX we would be primed to win out in our division and possibly win the Conference and go undefeated. And that's not sunshine pumping, the only major hurdles would be ISU (we learned our lesson), Baylor and maybe Oklahoma. The last two we would have faced in the Championship game if that was still intact.

• Fire 1

Well if it takes 23 years it most likely will not be in my life time.

Reality is I get sick of all the we are going to win, we are improving, we are this and that.

I know last year we beat some teams, but where did those beaten teams actually end up. Actually not long ago Nebraska and Duke were the only two teams not to have beaten a top 15 BCS team I think the stat was. I will wait until after the season to see who we beat. My guess is that the Big will flop in its bowls. I pretty much see all facing SEC teams getting beat.

You get tired of hearing what we think and it is stated every once in awhile. I hear it every single day over and over and over and over with hardly any evidence to support it. Other than blind hope. That is fine, and I am glad you can see those things.

I support this team, actually spend a lot of money on this team, and have for more years than most of you have been alive. I will continue to do so over the protests of my wife.

I think we have been promised NC teams every year since Tom left, never really in that hunt, unless you count 2001. I do not.

This year we were winning the Big no problem, Going to a BCS, Bo knows the Big. On and on and On. Fine you can swallow it every year, every day I could care less. I do not buy it anymore.

I think we are a 2nd teir program and will remain there. I see nothing but a training ground for young coaches. I do not see the drive to make this a top program any more. We are more worried about spending money than winning it seems to me. Our coach is considered out of control in most areas other than Nebraska. He has fallen so far behind Michigan and Ohio State in recruiting the past month it is sickening. We will most likely lose our top recruit to Notre Dame this weekend.

Yea I see that BCS game next year, but I see Michigan and Ohio State at the BCS game Not Nebraska, I see us at a good bowl, but not one of the bowls. I

I have never predicted a NC game. I think it is more luck than it is anything else. But I do not see us moving into that position to have the luck.

I would like to see a honest straight forward program, honest with the fans, wanting the fans to be involved and to have some sort of an idea of what is going on. Not disdain like we see now. Bo's actions towards the fan base is not much better than what we had before him.

I am not happy about recruiting, the rash of drinking citations and the secracy that we have year around, the actions in front of the camera, but in honesty he has improved this year. I am tired of being training U for undeveloped coaches, that happen to have the exact same mind set as Bo. New thoughts and ideas are not be taken it appears.

We have problems, it is headed by our head coach. He needs to hire someone that can run the defense and spend some time learning to be a real head coach, instead of a micro manager. We hire from with in, Bo will be gone in two years. I do not want that. I think he can be a good coach, but he has to start trying to be the head coach and not do everything. He is not Tom Osborne, it is obvious he can not do everything.

Well if it takes 23 years it most likely will not be in my life time.

Reality is I get sick of all the we are going to win, we are improving, we are this and that.

I know last year we beat some teams, but where did those beaten teams actually end up. Actually not long ago Nebraska and Duke were the only two teams not to have beaten a top 15 BCS team I think the stat was. I will wait until after the season to see who we beat. My guess is that the Big will flop in its bowls. I pretty much see all facing SEC teams getting beat.

You get tired of hearing what we think and it is stated every once in awhile. I hear it every single day over and over and over and over with hardly any evidence to support it. Other than blind hope. That is fine, and I am glad you can see those things.

I support this team, actually spend a lot of money on this team, and have for more years than most of you have been alive. I will continue to do so over the protests of my wife.

I think we have been promised NC teams every year since Tom left, never really in that hunt, unless you count 2001. I do not.

This year we were winning the Big no problem, Going to a BCS, Bo knows the Big. On and on and On. Fine you can swallow it every year, every day I could care less. I do not buy it anymore.

I think we are a 2nd teir program and will remain there. I see nothing but a training ground for young coaches. I do not see the drive to make this a top program any more. We are more worried about spending money than winning it seems to me. Our coach is considered out of control in most areas other than Nebraska. He has fallen so far behind Michigan and Ohio State in recruiting the past month it is sickening. We will most likely lose our top recruit to Notre Dame this weekend.

Yea I see that BCS game next year, but I see Michigan and Ohio State at the BCS game Not Nebraska, I see us at a good bowl, but not one of the bowls. I

I have never predicted a NC game. I think it is more luck than it is anything else. But I do not see us moving into that position to have the luck.

I would like to see a honest straight forward program, honest with the fans, wanting the fans to be involved and to have some sort of an idea of what is going on. Not disdain like we see now. Bo's actions towards the fan base is not much better than what we had before him.

I am not happy about recruiting, the rash of drinking citations and the secracy that we have year around, the actions in front of the camera, but in honesty he has improved this year. I am tired of being training U for undeveloped coaches, that happen to have the exact same mind set as Bo. New thoughts and ideas are not be taken it appears.

We have problems, it is headed by our head coach. He needs to hire someone that can run the defense and spend some time learning to be a real head coach, instead of a micro manager. We hire from with in, Bo will be gone in two years. I do not want that. I think he can be a good coach, but he has to start trying to be the head coach and not do everything. He is not Tom Osborne, it is obvious he can not do everything.

Wow. I'm really sad NU cfb depresses you that badly. This just may be the most negative post I've ever seen.

Hang in there, my friend. Some day soon you might be "very" pleasantly surprised. If the wait is too long, just grab a beer. It works for me.

This year was not as sore a disappointment as last year in my opinion, but we were a wierd team with weird highs and weird lows. It was hard to put much of a finger on it this year and it sort of killed the interest in following the season, although of course I watched all the games I could to get my Husker fix in. It was just a season where one week, you could get one team and the next week, completely different with no rhyme or reason.

I will say this though, through all the Callahan years people complained that we could not beat Top [arbitrary #] (whatever number it was that would make for the most depressing statistic - I think it was 20? 19?) teams, and now that we have, quite a few times over the last few years, it's become clear that that does not really bring us satisfaction.

I agree to an extent, though. The overall direction of the program gives more satisfaction than any one big one. That Texas loss to cap off the '09 regular season was a bigger high for me because how much our D dominated that game, than something like our win over Michigan St. this year.

I do not think that will be heard anytime soon. We are not moving forward, just seem to be running around in circles. Hope I am wrong, but most on here have been predicting NC every year since Frank took over. I have not seen one in that time nor did I predict one. I am beginning to think I will never hear those words again.

"Most"? Really?

I do not think that will be heard anytime soon. We are not moving forward, just seem to be running around in circles. Hope I am wrong, but most on here have been predicting NC every year since Frank took over. I have not seen one in that time nor did I predict one. I am beginning to think I will never hear those words again.

"Most"? Really?

Most"".....lol. 1% "maybe", if even that high.

Frank's 1999 team came within an eyelash of playing for all the marbles and very well may have beat FSU. 2001 was a strange fluke and nobody I knew thought we were the better team before playing Miami.

So since 2001 and especially 1999 I've seen very, very few (if any) posters claim we'd win it all.

I do not think skersfan is being negative. He is being a realist.

Since Bo took over, we are good for 3-4 losses per year. That is a reality based upon HIS history. Not opinion. We are also good for a loss against an unranked team at home and a blowout loss. Again, HIS history.

Are we improving. Yes. To a degree. The O still lacks an identity. The play is inconsistent at best. Have we put more than one complete game together this year? We are Jekyll and Hyde for sure. Our D line is in need of some serious work. Currently, (even with Crick) those guys are not MNC or even B1G caliber. Just my perception. Our LB corps is in the same shape. Is Bo's D to complicated to pick up quickly? Maybe it needs to be simplified. Do we have potential? Absolutely. But potential is a word to use when you haven't done anything.

Recruiting is going to be hard with Urban in the mix. He has name recognition and folks seem to forget he is great going into an existing program with good players, but has some issues once those "stars" are gone. IIRC, we have the number 2 class in the B1G behind Michicken. What we need to do is have these heralded recruits pan out. Develop them and get the playmakers on the field.

As I said above, we are an incredibly young team in terms of experience on both sides of the ball and the staff. That hurts. It will take a while to gel and learn the system.

It would help tremendously, IMO, to hire replacements with name recognition and experience. Bo cannot learn his job, teach/mentor a new DC, learn the O side of the ball etc and expect to have success. It is also hard to teach the kids/develop them when you are learning on the fly as well.

We have potential, but need to improve in many areas.

In most things I try to be a realist while remaining positive. When Bo took over the program he was left with a few good athletes that needed coaching. Depth was a problem and some areas were in bad shape (offensive line). The first two classes he recruited weren't very good which is understandable since the coaching staff was new and they had to work to establish themselves. These are the players that are on the field right now. The kids redshirting this year I think are pretty good and this years class while small could have some quality players if all goes well which I think it will. We'll get some good kids and probably loose some we wanted. I think Beck will get better at play calling and our identity will improve. We have a decent bunch of receivers and the oline has potential. An improvement at Qb would be the trigger we need to make the offense a team to look out for.

This team will be young next year again and I see them getting better but it looks like our Big 10 rivals are upgrading too. They are a work in progress and it may be awhile before we consistantly break into the top 10. They are my team and I love following them so I'm in through hell or high water.

If you want to be considered a NC caliber team, it's really easy to tell if you've arrived. Compare us to LSU, Bama, OKST, OU, ORE, STAN, WISC, etc. We're not really anywhere close to those teams. We have a ways to go.

Stanford and Wisconsin are NC caliber teams? Really? Does losing 2 conference games make you NC caliber? Does getting 53 hung on you by a conference foe qualify you as NC caliber? If not for the NW loss Nebraska is right there with losses minus the margin. Has either team played for a NC in recent memory?

For those that deny the NC posts go back and read some posts leading to the start of the season. I know it is always hopeful at that time of the season. That is good.

We keep saying we are young. I agree. But we are talking about starting over with a unexperienced DC, when teams like Bama are spending 1.3 million on their DC, with what is considered one of the best defensive minded head coaches in the sport. Bama spends more on assistant coaches than anyone else. They went through a down period, maybe even worse than ours, but they want to win. They spend the money needed to bring in the best. Nebraska seems to look for the cheap way to do it. It started with Bo. Our own AD said it was too much and I think at the time he was one of the lowest paid in the top level of college football.

We took a good coach, paid less for him. Put him in a no win situation it seems. In over his head, with a never say die attitude. It seems to me Bo is trying to do everything, not getting the best of help to do the job. This could be his idea or he is working within the guide lines (financial) of the University. I am beginning to think it is the latter. Bo needs help. The problem is, is he willing to accept it or is he forced into doing it on a shoe string budget.

We have recruiting problems, and now with Meyer it is only going to get worse. Meyer will lock down Ohio, is already taking top recruits away from other programs very late in the year. What is going to happen when he has the whole year to recruit. Saben states over and over that recruiting is job one at Bama, nothing is more important, not even wins and losses, to get the program where it needs to be. He has been very successful in his tenure at Bama and LSU.

We talk development of the new players. Who develops the new coaches, that are in their first gig so to speak. And we keep getting new untrained people to take the job. I still feel if we do not hire from outside, a quality DC, Bo will be gone in two years and we will start this nightmare over again. We have a good enough coach, if he takes on help that helps him, rather than him helping the new guy learn. He is training a OC and most likely a new DC. He is not doing his job, because of this I think.

Yes there is improvement over BC, no question, but are we a NC calibur team. Not even close. After this month I do not feel we will be CC team. Michigan has yarded us so badly, and by losing to them so bad, we have hurt our recruiting in the B1G. With Meyer stepping in, it will be much harder than it is this year. Zook, Stoops could help with that.

I do not feel I am negative. I feel I am looking at the situation as it is, not how I want it to be. We all want to win the NC. I honestly do not believe we are anywhere near that. We lose our 3 top defensive players this year. Bring in a new trainee DC, with Bo to help continously and have a OC in his second year on the job, these are not recipies for success.

We are in a much more balanced conference now. Northwestern was to be our gimme. Next year will be tougher. I do not count the win over Michigan State as a real landmark. They had played 3 major games in three weeks, traveled to Nebraska and taking on a team they had not faced in awhile.(one of our excuses) I think they were toast before they lined up. Ohio State, if Braxton had not went down, would have been a loss. We may be on level with Penn State, but their situation was tough that weekend. I think we got two victories this year that were at least questionable.

We seem to always lose a game we should not. We got beat badly in two. This losing badly is not a good sign either. A lot of confidence was gained by those teams. Like when we would destroy a top team. It boils down to coaching. Bo can do it if Bo just does his job and not everyone else's. I hope he learns to take the help that is out there. He is a stubborn person, and I think that is good in some isntances and not so good in others.