Collegiate Apparel Deals?

Jaybird

Everyone has an opinion about this but I think the fact that Nike has almost every professional super star and almost every top college program is all the proof needed to determine which is the best and which ones the kids these days want to be associated with.

They get all those sponsorship deals with players and teams because Nike doesn't care how much money they throw around. Adidas was originally a soccer cleat manufacturer and they're based in Germany, so their presence in American football isn't going to be as big as Nike's.

Some of you old timers need to get with the new styles.

Unfortunately twenty years from now when you are looking back at pics of yourself today and your wife and kids are making fun of the clothes and hair while you hang your head in shame none of us will be there to point and laugh.

They get all those sponsorship deals with players and teams because Nike doesn't care how much money they throw around.

Exactly.

Everyone has an opinion about this but I think the fact that Nike has almost every professional super star and almost every top college program is all the proof needed to determine which is the best and which ones the kids these days want to be associated with.

They get all those sponsorship deals with players and teams because Nike doesn't care how much money they throw around. Adidas was originally a soccer cleat manufacturer and they're based in Germany, so their presence in American football isn't going to be as big as Nike's.

Nike has all that money to throw around because they sell the most because they're the best and most popular. Simple supply and demand. If this were a German soccer forum, your point might be relevant. For football in America (and most other sports anyone in America cares about for that matter), it's Nike and nobody else.

I think a change to Nike wouldn't be that bad. They would provide the players with quality gear and perhaps have a special, "pro combat" uniform for one game a season. As a lifelong Nebraska fan, I love how traditional we are and how we don't conform to whatever is trending in college football, but if it would help recruiting even a little bit, then why not have at least one alternate ever year? Is that so wrong?

Nike or Under Armour would be cool. I have always been in favor of having a sweet alternative uniform for us, but pro combat? Ohio State, Georgia, etc. all have pro combats and I don't exactly like them. I think Nebraska could continue to be our own unique selves and just have a black top with a white or red bottom with the same style of jerseys that we have. No need to look anything like this:

image6826500.jpg

If Nebraska were to drop adidas, I'd prefer a switch to Under Armour. Nike stuff is just cheap and poorly made.

I guess 'brand name' attracts, but people are really concerned with 'quality'? Nike, UA, Adidas, Wal-Mart brand, it's all made by an 8-year old in a run-down factory in China, Vietnam, or Honduras, so what do you really expect with durability?

If Nebraska were to drop adidas, I'd prefer a switch to Under Armour. Nike stuff is just cheap and poorly made.

I guess 'brand name' attracts, but people are really concerned with 'quality'? Nike, UA, Adidas, Wal-Mart brand, it's all made by an 8-year old in a run-down factory in China, Vietnam, or Honduras, so what do you really expect with durability?

From my own experience, adidas and Under Armour gear has lasted a hell of a lot longer than Nike.

Nike's durability may be a factor for some of you, but the players could care less about that. It's all about what looks the coolest. They get all this gear free and get it replaced easily while they're playing so how it holds up is a moot point...something breaks and they just get a new one. Not to mention that when a fresh pair of kicks gets even so much as a scuff you gotta swap 'em out anyway.