Tonight at the BOB.........

Comish

I was at the game.....

I was kinda suprised to see the BOB not as full as I had anticipated.....I guessed it was around 10-11,000-most of the bench seats at the top were empty.

Correct. It looked fuller because it was much fuller than usual, but a long way from approaching the 16,000 we will need in the new arena.

I was totally wrong about my the game last night. I really thought we could hang in there better than we did. It was an embarrassment.

I am also p*ssed about the way the administration is treating the fans. After BEGGING people to come out and support the team, I brought along a middle schooler who was dying to see the Huskers in person (I have season tickets). In previous games, you could get an elementary and/or middle school child in for 5 bucks and they could go set in the upper reaches. Last night, they wouldn't let anyone in for less than $20 and if you wanted the child to sit down on the floor where the absent student body usually sits, it was $25. So, we ponied up the 25 and got there well over a hour before tip-off and the section was already full. Yeah, our brilliant marketeers oversold the seats and so individual kids were sent to the rafters. Totally classless by our administrators. I have had season tickets for 20 years and have watched some WOEFUL basketball and yet Doc (who I like and wish could succeed) is so stubborn he crowed on the post game show that the reason we weren't competitive is because we shot it too quickly !!! Yeah, Doc's brilliant plan is to work it around until we scramble for a hail Mary as the clock winds down. It's not just me. Most of the folks sitting around me are grumbling big time and are all about to jettison their season tickets. I will continue to support them this year, starting Saturday vs. Sparty, but I'm thinking that if Doc is back next year, I doubt I will be.

Six years later I am still waiting for that "get the ball and go" offense that Doc said he loves to run during his hiring presser. Full court. Fast and Furious.

Obviously he must have been talking about fans heading for the parking lot early with the last part.

Exactly, he actually said in his initial comments that fans would get sore necks (like at a tennis match) watching the rapid back and forth on the court....................and now it's clear he has no clue or desire to implement a style that might be remotely watchable...............

Six years later I am still waiting for that "get the ball and go" offense that Doc said he loves to run during his hiring presser. Full court. Fast and Furious.

Obviously he must have been talking about fans heading for the parking lot early with the last part.

Exactly, he actually said in his initial comments that fans would get sore necks (like at a tennis match) watching the rapid back and forth on the court....................and now it's clear he has no clue or desire to implement a style that might be remotely watchable...............

What irks me the most, was the year NU had the Itty Bitty Committee. Small and fast. Doc should have cut the leash and just let that team go. Full court pressing, run and gun, damn near a blacktop type offense. Had the rabbits and ball handlers for that. But nope he reins them in trying to run half court offenses, playing a stall tactic almost(well I guess he still runs this) to limit possessions for the opponents. That year, I knew Doc was pretty inept offensively.

Good point, I remember him saying something like were going to play 90 feet of basketball

(I din't know he was talking about at a turtles pace)

doc will have a short leash once new arena is done. i always thought doc was supposed to be a solid coach but i am losing faith with each passing year. we do have to remember though that we were short some key players vs. wisconsin. not that it would have mattered in who won or loss but possibly a little better showing!

Lowest number of points scored by the Huskers in at least 4 years. Get ready for Football Scores...We had a game with Penn State in 2008 I think were both teams only scored a combined 60 or so points

Wasn't that a B!G tourney game last year ??.................33-31 or something close to that...............YIKES........................

Another verySADler year for Husker BB. Ozzie needs to man up and fire this guy and hire the coach from my kids Church League team. They scored 47 the other night. If I was verySADler I'd have to resign before I embarrass myself any more than I already have. Please TO tell us 'the Doctor is out.'

T_O_B

G>B>R

Lowest number of points scored by the Huskers in at least 4 years. Get ready for Football Scores...We had a game with Penn State in 2008 I think were both teams only scored a combined 60 or so points

See you Tuesday night. Always a good one. Meanwhile, hope some discussion shows up about this afternoon's game at N. Interesting to see what the other team's fans are saying.

See you Tuesday night. Always a good one. Meanwhile, hope some discussion shows up about this afternoon's game at N. Interesting to see what the other team's fans are saying.

Probably won't be much of a contest. Not only will Sparty have better players...................we our countering with a coach who contradicts himself in his own press interview............. :dunno

http://huskerextra.c...2675bd5428.html

I don't think its going to go well for us after playing Iowa, hopefully we were just caught off-guard because we'd been preparing for you all...I dunno.

I don't think its going to go well for us after playing Iowa, hopefully we were just caught off-guard because we'd been preparing for you all...I dunno.

If UW really had to 'prepare' for Nebrasketball, then you are in trouble. But I think the Badgers will be fine this year.