Attrition

HuskerNMO

Whats the reasoning behind JT Kerr leaving the team?

Josh Mitchel as well?

Kerr has been gone since October. Im assuming team rules but dont know for sure.

Mitchell needs to decide if he's going to follow the rules laid out to him and is probably struggling with being away from home. He could still return.

Sounds like Ward and Okafor will be graduating in spring and will probably move on rather that play another year of football.

Mitchell went from HS straight to the doghouse. He's talented enough to keep the staff interested but I'd say he's on a short leash.

perhaps because t-mart is the better QB? turner couldn't read defenses as a WR this year...don't see why everyone things after next spring he'll be able to take over for a 2 year starter, or beat out carnes who's been a QB for 2 years here.

Turner has the decided advantage of "Not Being Taylor Martinez," which automatically makes him better in the eyes of some.

• Fire 2

I heard Carnes, Martinez, and Turner will be transferring.

Dude, this is a Badgerfan post.

No, actually I've been getting a lot of feedback from my sources in Lincoln that we will actually be picking up Burkhead on a transfer. He'll play QB, MLB, Place Kicker and will return punts.

our recruiting class is looking smaller and smaller w/ each departure. regardless of the "small class" theory that is so prevelant I still think we'll have room for 20. whether or not we get that many depends on how many plan b, plan c guys Bo is willing to take. who are our top walkons currently? guys likely to take these schollys?

i think we will end up with a very solid recruiting class once the dust sets. i am not somone who puts a lot of faith in the star ratings.

our recruiting class is looking smaller and smaller w/ each departure. regardless of the "small class" theory that is so prevelant I still think we'll have room for 20. whether or not we get that many depends on how many plan b, plan c guys Bo is willing to take. who are our top walkons currently? guys likely to take these schollys?

i think we will end up with a very solid recruiting class once the dust sets. i am not somone who puts a lot of faith in the star ratings.

Me too. Let's see how they do on the field before we call it a good or bad class. People were concerned this time last year, and I have high hopes that the 2010 class may turn out to be one of our best ever.

I am not a Tmart basher...but facts are facts. Turner has to be able to throw a better pass than Tmart. He also is drastically better at being elusive instead of running straight ahead. He is almost as fast. So .....if turner learns the offense i say go with him. Best man wins....and don't count out brion. Tmart could still be great but i have seen him plateau out.

Plateu out??? REALLY....... as a sophomore QB who is already very high on the all-time record charts ? He is just LEARNING. In fact, people seem to forget that after the Wiscy game, he has played very well. I believe 2 int's and one was a tipped ball and the other was a hail mary at end of half ??

His throwing motion is bad (not first QB to suffer this).....his decision making has improved ten fold in just the last 7 games, along with his passing skills. Wow, steady improvement over the past 7 games in ONLY your second year, under a new offensive coordinator = Plateu...

Not trying to be an a$$, but glad your not on my staff...

Tmart haters will always be Tmart haters.... forget that he is only 19-20 yrs old....in his 2nd yr........ I think people try to compare him to some of our past 4th and 5th year seniors...

*** I am superstitous (sp), and I am sure that I just jinxed him in the bowl game, but to say that the kid has "platued" is just out there.

i know most people (fans) look at the star rating as some sort of gospel, however look at some of the huskers over the years that were not highly touted players and turned out to be standouts. i just think we need to let it play out without losing any sleep over it yet. if we were start sliding into the 7 win seasons, then we should become concerned. dang, i do not want to think that will ever happen again like in the days of billy c.

what are you guys hearing about the boosters thoughts on bo's performance? i know a couple big boosters who are still on the fence and are looking to give bo about 3 more years to produce a powerhouse that gets into the bcs bowls regularly and if not, they are personally willing to cough up some major dough to get a high dollar coach.