Attrition

HuskerNMO

our recruiting class is looking smaller and smaller w/ each departure. regardless of the "small class" theory that is so prevelant I still think we'll have room for 20. whether or not we get that many depends on how many plan b, plan c guys Bo is willing to take. who are our top walkons currently? guys likely to take these schollys?

Maher, long and choi come to mind first

Maher was penciled in for a scholly about week 2 in my book. Agree, both Long/Choi deserve one as well. Long is a sophomore though, so giving him a scholly takes it away for 2 years. (seems like we generally only give juniors schollies) We should have a pretty big graduating class next year though so that might not be an issue. The only other one I can see on here is Blatchford

our recruiting class is looking smaller and smaller w/ each departure. regardless of the "small class" theory that is so prevelant I still think we'll have room for 20. whether or not we get that many depends on how many plan b, plan c guys Bo is willing to take. who are our top walkons currently? guys likely to take these schollys?

Yeah...with departures I think 20 is the number we could take but I think they stated it would be max 18 depending on if an extra guy or two comes along at the end.

Whats the reasoning behind JT Kerr leaving the team?

Josh Mitchel as well?

Kerr has been gone since October. Im assuming team rules but dont know for sure.

Mitchell needs to decide if he's going to follow the rules laid out to him and is probably struggling with being away from home. He could still return.

Sounds like Ward and Okafor will be graduating in spring and will probably move on rather that play another year of football.

Is Turner going to play QB next year or WR?

Both.

First, I believe you.....so when I ask you to share your "insight", I am not being a d!#@....... will he be given a chance to compete at QB, and then possibly be a starter at WR if not winning job..... Just asking what your thoughts or facts are..... remember.... this is an honest question....not conflicting

Both.

First, I believe you.....so when I ask you to share your "insight", I am not being a d!#@....... will he be given a chance to compete at QB, and then possibly be a starter at WR if not winning job..... Just asking what your thoughts or facts are..... remember.... this is an honest question....not conflicting

he's had snaps at QB all year in practice. He was told by Beck when he switched this year he would get a shot at QB again this spring. Beck stated that was still the plan a few weeks ago assuming JT still wanted that. It's my understanding he does. It won't surprise me if he ends up as #2 by fall. Or at least very close.

Kerr's final nail in his coffin was when the police had to show up for him and Morgan Marlborough fighting. Always seemed to be more concerned about her than his own development on the football field

I might get distracted by that. For loving, not for fighting.

3999329086_97e0e7b505_m.jpgmorgan.jpg?w=300&h=240

Both.

he's had snaps at QB all year in practice. He was told by Beck when he switched this year he would get a shot at QB again this spring. Beck stated that was still the plan a few weeks ago assuming JT still wanted that. It's my understanding he does. It won't surprise me if he ends up as #2 by fall. Or at least very close.

#2 meaning ahead of Carnes or or you planning on Carnes leaving? If he is clearly #2, will NU chance his health by letting him play WR.... If a true #2, then it is a "rock and hard" place situation. Kid could do great things on special teams and WR, but if he gets gimpy playing, then you drop to #3 QB if something bad happens.

Tough spot

I thought at the beginning of the year that Jamal would work his way to #2 QB. I actually made the prediction that if T-Mart got hurt, Jamal would be next in line. Anymore it is looking like Rex would step into the QB role if that situation were to happen.

I like Rex right where he is. As for Turner, i dont see him surpassing Carnes. Plus with Tommy Armstrong committed and Fuller still on our radar, QB depth charts would start getting deeper.

He could be something real special out of the slot WR position.

He's better than Carnes once he learns the offense. When Beck was at KU the number 2 QB played WR. He would practice at QB and attend those meetings and play WR in the games. I'm not saying this will happen here but it won't be an obstacle either if JT does win that spot.

Both.

#2 meaning ahead of Carnes or or you planning on Carnes leaving? If he is clearly #2, will NU chance his health by letting him play WR.... If a true #2, then it is a "rock and hard" place situation. Kid could do great things on special teams and WR, but if he gets gimpy playing, then you drop to #3 QB if something bad happens.

Tough spot

I am not a Tmart basher...but facts are facts. Turner has to be able to throw a better pass than Tmart. He also is drastically better at being elusive instead of running straight ahead. He is almost as fast. So .....if turner learns the offense i say go with him. Best man wins....and don't count out brion. Tmart could still be great but i have seen him plateau out.