Attrition

HuskerNMO

perhaps because t-mart is the better QB? turner couldn't read defenses as a WR this year...don't see why everyone things after next spring he'll be able to take over for a 2 year starter, or beat out carnes who's been a QB for 2 years here.

Exactly.

He can't remember what routes he's supposed to run as a WR but of course he should be our starting QB. It's amazing, isn't it?

yes, it's amazing he played at such a high level, the first 5 games of the season.

I am not a Tmart basher...but facts are facts. Turner has to be able to throw a better pass than Tmart. He also is drastically better at being elusive instead of running straight ahead. He is almost as fast. So .....if turner learns the offense i say go with him. Best man wins....and don't count out brion. Tmart could still be great but i have seen him plateau out.

Plateu out??? REALLY....... as a sophomore QB who is already very high on the all-time record charts ? He is just LEARNING. In fact, people seem to forget that after the Wiscy game, he has played very well. I believe 2 int's and one was a tipped ball and the other was a hail mary at end of half ??

His throwing motion is bad (not first QB to suffer this).....his decision making has improved ten fold in just the last 7 games, along with his passing skills. Wow, steady improvement over the past 7 games in ONLY your second year, under a new offensive coordinator = Plateu...

Not trying to be an a$$, but glad your not on my staff...

Tmart haters will always be Tmart haters.... forget that he is only 19-20 yrs old....in his 2nd yr........ I think people try to compare him to some of our past 4th and 5th year seniors...

*** I am superstitous (sp), and I am sure that I just jinxed him in the bowl game, but to say that the kid has "platued" is just out there.

I agree with you in the passing game, what I am still trying to figure out is where the explosive runner went. It is as if the staff worked too hard with him protecting himself when he runs. It doesn't seem like the play calling lends itself to allowing Taylor to break out as has in the past. Part of what can make Taylor so good is if he were to be explosive in both running and passing. If he doesn't have both, then he is an average to below average QB.

perhaps because t-mart is the better QB? turner couldn't read defenses as a WR this year...don't see why everyone things after next spring he'll be able to take over for a 2 year starter, or beat out carnes who's been a QB for 2 years here.

Exactly.

He can't remember what routes he's supposed to run as a WR but of course he should be our starting QB. It's amazing, isn't it?

yes, it's amazing he played at such a high level, the first 5 games of the season.

Oh yeah, high level at blocking "nobody" (all 145 lbs of him) ,dropped easy TD passes, no sweat. Can't remember what route to run.....so what? Hey, he should be our starting qb to say the least.

Sincerely;

Internet genius

I am not a Tmart basher...but facts are facts. Turner has to be able to throw a better pass than Tmart. He also is drastically better at being elusive instead of running straight ahead. He is almost as fast. So .....if turner learns the offense i say go with him. Best man wins....and don't count out brion. Tmart could still be great but i have seen him plateau out.

Plateu out??? REALLY....... as a sophomore QB who is already very high on the all-time record charts ? He is just LEARNING. In fact, people seem to forget that after the Wiscy game, he has played very well. I believe 2 int's and one was a tipped ball and the other was a hail mary at end of half ??

His throwing motion is bad (not first QB to suffer this).....his decision making has improved ten fold in just the last 7 games, along with his passing skills. Wow, steady improvement over the past 7 games in ONLY your second year, under a new offensive coordinator = Plateu...

Tmart haters will always be Tmart haters.... forget that he is only 19-20 yrs old....in his 2nd yr........ I think people try to compare him to some of our past 4th and 5th year seniors...

*** I am superstitous (sp), and I am sure that I just jinxed him in the bowl game, but to say that the kid has "platued" is just out there.

I agree with you in the passing game, what I am still trying to figure out is where the explosive runner went. It is as if the staff worked too hard with him protecting himself when he runs. It doesn't seem like the play calling lends itself to allowing Taylor to break out as has in the past. Part of what can make Taylor so good is if he were to be explosive in both running and passing. If he doesn't have both, then he is an average to below average QB.

You are spot on in my opinion. I am "guessing" that due to lack of depth and the fact that he suffered a significant high sprain last season.... the coaches instructed him to protect himself and that took the explosiveness out of his game..... It is my hope and expectation that once the depth is built with Carnes, Turner, Armstrong, Fuller ??? that the staff will just turn him loose again. If he has the green light to explode and can continue to improve his "decision making" in the passing game, who knows how good he can be....

** You are right though...until they "unleash" him, he is average......but once they do, I think we get the explosive Taylor from last season and the "getting better at passing" Taylor from this year... Combined = DANGEROUS!!!

You are spot on in my opinion. I am "guessing" that due to lack of depth and the fact that he suffered a significant high sprain last season.... the coaches instructed him to protect himself and that took the explosiveness out of his game..... It is my hope and expectation that once the depth is built with Carnes, Turner, Armstrong, Fuller ??? that the staff will just turn him loose again. If he has the green light to explode and can continue to improve his "decision making" in the passing game, who knows how good he can be....

** You are right though...until they "unleash" him, he is average......but once they do, I think we get the explosive Taylor from last season and the "getting better at passing" Taylor from this year... Combined = DANGEROUS!!!

If all it takes is "unleashing" him, then I would agree. If you can combine the running Taylor of pre-injury 2010 with the passing Taylor we saw develop after Camp Randall, that would be a beast indeed. I am just scared that the running Taylor may not come back for any number of reasons. I am not sure his skills fit in the lateral Option game Beck likes to call and I am not sold that the staff will encourage him to be aggressive again running the ball. I hope I am wrong though.

If all it takes is "unleashing" him, then I would agree. If you can combine the running Taylor of pre-injury 2010 with the passing Taylor we saw develop after Camp Randall, that would be a beast indeed. I am just scared that the running Taylor may not come back for any number of reasons. I am not sure his skills fit in the lateral Option game Beck likes to call and I am not sold that the staff will encourage him to be aggressive again running the ball. I hope I am wrong though.

You bring up very good points... The LATERAL option game isn't a effective for Tmarts style.... and I hope you are wrong about the staff, but there is a good chance your prediction could turn out to be fact.

Tmart is a major threat with the zone-read and misdirection (fake handoffs are excellent). Two things we almost didn't use this year. Sure hope you're wrong.....